Results 2,276 to 2,283 of 2283

Thread: Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Lee Stone
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have gone with Galloway over Maybin. To me at least, they are the same dang player. Note on that Friday lineup card: Ugliest nine replacements I've ever seen!

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I would have gone with Galloway over Maybin. To me at least, they are the same dang player. Note on that Friday lineup card: Ugliest nine replacements I've ever seen!
    Galloway can't hit A Ball pitching!!

Its the first game guys gotta get in shape first. Just wait till u see the SS games-now those are some ugly lineups(but we least get to say WOW that guy is still in the system)

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like Honeywell from TB just blew out his arm

fish16
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id like to see Galloway get some major league time this year. He sucks, but he's a nice story given how long he has toiled in our system and he hit well last year in limited time in AAA. He's not better than maybin.

lou
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjfla View Post
    Don't need to DFA Cooper but ya u can DFA SVS and Ortega if needed. Even tho we have about 6 40 man spots that could open up fast

Wouldn't be surprised if we signed a Seth Smith or cheap vet on a minor league deal even tho they still have offers to Jay and Melky. Shit maybe Isaac Galloway makes the ML team after 30 yrs

As for the innings eater,they are trying. They have offers out to a few guys but nothing as of yet-u don't need anything great just a guy who can eat some innings for a few months
    If they sign Jay or Melky, that basically pushes Dietrich to starting at 3B and Prado to Marwin Gonzalez. I mean that's what a good team does and isn't trotting out three of Cooper/Ortega/SVS as a position player platoon, but at the same time who cares? Let the kids play and see if they have something. Ortega or Cooper turning into a solid player would be a real boon.

Unless of course you're trading any one of Dietrich/Prado/Castro/Bour. That makes more sense then to me at least for bringing in another guy.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    If they sign Jay or Melky, that basically pushes Dietrich to starting at 3B and Prado to Marwin Gonzalez. I mean that's what a good team does and isn't trotting out three of Cooper/Ortega/SVS as a position player platoon, but at the same time who cares? Let the kids play and see if they have something. Ortega or Cooper turning into a solid player would be a real boon.

Unless of course you're trading any one of Dietrich/Prado/Castro/Bour. That makes more sense then to me at least for bringing in another guy.
    What they will probably do is sign a Seth Smith,Ben Revere,Fraklin Guiterrez to a minor league deal. They wanted Colby Rasmus but he signed with Baltimore-if he doesn't make the team I could see us try on him again

- - - - - - - - - -

The wish list for next month is

#1 Talk JT trade(Nothing really close)
    #2 Sign a Vet SP for 1/3(around that)
    #3 Get another OF for cheap(Likely Minor League deal with an out clause)
    #4 Look for cheap LH RP-Minor League/DFA type

AAA OF for first month is Lee/Brinson/Sierra with Galloway/Ortega/Shuck/Norwood. So they have depth no matter what they do.
    Last edited by tjfla; 02-22-2018 at 01:25 PM.

tjfla
    has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dickerson traded to Pitt

Lee Stone
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fish16 View Post
    Id like to see Galloway get some major league time this year. He sucks, but he's a nice story given how long he has toiled in our system and he hit well last year in limited time in AAA. He's not better than maybin.
    Galloway had outstanding numbers last season

fish16
    has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Galloway had outstanding numbers last season
    he did but he also barely played.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rangers are apparently the favorite to sign Martinez now. Figured when they made the moves for more IFA money.