No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding onto him is a no-brainer unless you get a prospect the quality of Robles.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Holding onto him is a no-brainer unless you get a prospect the quality of Robles.

Comment

• Oh no insider guy gave me the fip, my feelings are hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          It has because Washington proposal is Kieboom/Fedde/Catcher and more. They will NOT include Soto or Robles. They are still talking but not a serious as Friday/Sat

Surprised that Arizona,Texas,Houston,Colorado haven't jumped in and had serious talks with us for him
          The big free agents need to land first. Someone will become more motivated when JD, Arrieta, Darvish, Hosmer, and others land in their division

I would give Houston anything they want for Whitley and Colorado anything they want for Rodgers. Seems like a good landing spot for Barraclough in both places, and Bour makes a lot of sense for Houston as I assume Gattis would be coming back as part of a deal to offset money. We can dream.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Holding onto him is a no-brainer unless you get a prospect the quality of Robles.
          That is probably a bit too aggressive. Would you trade Stanton, Yelich, Fernandez, or Cabrera as prospects for 3 years of Realmuto? JT is great, but he's not Posey.

I would think a guy ranked 40-60 range is probably the centerpiece, and then a good second piece who is a backend top 100 or just about. i.e., Soto and Kieboom work and the Nationals are ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            The big free agents need to land first. Someone will become more motivated when JD, Arrieta, Darvish, Hosmer, and others land in their division

I would give Houston anything they want for Whitley and Colorado anything they want for Rodgers. Seems like a good landing spot for Barraclough in both places, and Bour makes a lot of sense for Houston as I assume Gattis would be coming back as part of a deal to offset money. We can dream.

- - - - - - - - - -

That is probably a bit too aggressive. Would you trade Stanton, Yelich, Fernandez, or Cabrera as prospects for 3 years of Realmuto? JT is great, but he's not Posey.

I would think a guy ranked 40-60 range is probably the centerpiece, and then a good second piece who is a backend top 100 or just about. i.e., Soto and Kieboom work and the Nationals are ridiculous.
            I think both sides are just dicking around before finally accepting Soto/Kieboom. It makes sense for both sides since it's good value for the Marlins and the Nats don't have to give up their top guy. I think this gets done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh no insider guy gave me the fip, my feelings are hurt.
              Just don't understand how every message involves Acuna,Vlad Jr,Robles with u. None of them are going to get trade for JT so no point in talking about it. They asked Washington and they said NO. They asked Toronto for Vlad Jr and they said NO which is why we took the Milwaukee deal

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

I might take a little lesser prospect from a team that's not the Nats. The fact that they're in our division has to be taken into account, but I also think it's important to go after high end prospects. I think we've done an ok job building some depth with the moves we've made this offseason, but the lack of future stars in the system is the next thing that need to be addressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                  I think both sides are just dicking around before finally accepting Soto/Kieboom. It makes sense for both sides since it's good value for the Marlins and the Nats don't have to give up their top guy. I think this gets done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Ya thats is what most people think and what Miami is asking for

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Just don't understand how every message involves Acuna,Vlad Jr,Robles with u. None of them are going to get trade for JT so no point in talking about it. They asked Washington and they said NO. They asked Toronto for Vlad Jr and they said NO which is why we took the Milwaukee deal
                    And the Milwaukee deal was fine. Do the same for Realmuto, unless you get their top guys Washington just doesn't have the system to match a haul like we got for Yelich.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

Agreed the FA thing has killed most of our guys value this year. Straily has feelers out but no one is gonna trade for him till the big names sign. Same with the RP and Castro

Doubt we get that from Houston or Colorado but love what both of those teams have in their system

Most people think its gonna be Soto,Kieboom,Catcher and more for JT(Which Miami has proposed). Just Washington playing hardball at this point by offering Kieboom,Fedde,lesser OF,Catcher and more
                      Last edited by tjfla; 01-30-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I might take a little lesser prospect from a team that's not the Nats. The fact that they're in our division has to be taken into account, but I also think it's important to go after high end prospects. I think we've done an ok job building some depth with the moves we've made this offseason, but the lack of future stars in the system is the next thing that need to be addressed.
                        Soto is a very high end prospect and would be # 2 after Brinson for sure. Kieboom would be comfortably in the top 10 somewhere. The future stars thing is a problem, but if the team is Chen + 20 club controlled guys in 2020, that's a $30-35 million payroll. That's a lot of money for two stars and two Josh Reddick/Charlie Morton kind of guys.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Most people think its gonna be Soto,Kieboom,Catcher and more for JT(Which Miami has proposed). Just Washington playing hardball at this point by offering Kieboom,Fedde,lesser OF,Catcher and more
                        Soto, Kieboom, Read/Severino, and at least one of Fedde/Crow/Antuna/Garcia seems good to me.

I'd like a more marquee SP involved, but just talking value wise. That makes sense to me to get to Realmuto's value. I guess they can find/buy top end SP later.

Comment

Soto is a very high end prospect and would be # 2 after Brinson for sure. Kieboom would be comfortably in the top 10 somewhere. The future stars thing is a problem, but if the team is Chen + 20 club controlled guys in 2020, that's a $30-35 million payroll. That's a lot of money for two stars and two Josh Reddick/Charlie Morton kind of guys.

- - - - - - - - - -

Soto, Kieboom, Read/Severino, and at least one of Fedde/Crow/Antuna/Garcia seems good to me.

I'd like a more marquee SP involved, but just talking value wise. That makes sense to me to get to Realmuto's value. I guess they can find/buy top end SP later.
                          I would be cool with Soto,Kieboom,Antuna OR Garcia and Severino. Again would love to see Houston/Colorado or even Arizona to jump in because rather not help Washington. Houston and Colorado could make offers similar to that. Martes/Alvarez/Nova and Stubbs OR Ryan McMahon,Hampson,Peter Lambert and more would be solid deals

That is the "idea" have a payroll of 40-50 million in 2020 and fill in gaps(SS/SP) with FA or trades

Comment

• Soto, Kieboom, Antuna, Crowe, Raquet and Gushue for Realmuto.

I'd be ok with that if we're not getting Robles.

You really have to make it hurt if you deal him to the Nats IMO.

Comment

you're not getting a top 5 (and arguably top 2) prospect in all of baseball for JT. And not getting that kind of guy does not mean you still hold on to JT. IF you can get another guy in the mold of Brinson + (top 15-25) you do it. Soto would be perfect for a variety of reasons. First off, he is one of the best hitters in the minors and has unreal batting champ type potential. Second, despite then having a glut of OF prospects it would give you a few years to evaluate guys like Sierra and Brinson and Harrison and seeing what you have as Soto wont be ready until 2020. Jt is valuable, but he's not nearly as valuable as you continue to hold out for. He has 3 years left, and he wont re-sign here when he is a free agent. You dont trade him for Kieboom as the center piece, i agree, but you dont hold out for a Robles/Acuna type and hold on to him if you dont get that.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Soto, Kieboom, Antuna, Crowe, Raquet and Gushue for Realmuto.

you either continue to severely overrate JT's trade value or severely underrate how good of a prospect Soto is.

Comment

Soto, Kieboom, Antuna, Crowe, Raquet and Gushue for Realmuto.

I do agree with this. U can't have Kieboom as a Centerpiece even if it include Fedde AND Antuna or Garcia. U can but it would be a terrible deal

Comment

Working...
                                X