Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
    Why has the return for all of our trades been a mystery for so long after the trade is reported?
    I dont get it either. I dont feel that's how it is for most other teams but it could just be because we want to know the deals right away as opposed to other teams' deals where we dont really care about the return as much.

Comment

• Price for Yelich is 3 Top 100 prospects and atleast 1 or 2 other prospects unless u are willing to take a contract too

When I say Top 100 they prefer 2 Top 50 guys and a close to Top 100 guy-they won't ignore a team if Top 2 guys are big time and #3 is good but FO loves

Comment

• from MLBTR:

It sounds as if young arms will make up a significant part of the return, with Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweeting the package will include multiple pitchers and a position player. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch adds some more detail, saying the Cards “offered a pitching prospect as the centerpiece of a deal” and that an outfielder will be among the players changing hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Price for Yelich is 3 Top 100 prospects and atleast 1 or 2 other prospects unless u are willing to take a contract too

When I say Top 100 they prefer 2 Top 50 guys and a close to Top 100 guy-they won't ignore a team if Top 2 guys are big time and #3 is good but FO loves
          Yelich is a star player on a team friendly contract. As has been mentioned before very similar to adam Eaton and the white sox built the best system in baseball in part due to that trade.

Yelich is also a player that good teams don't let reach the market bc of all this. But hey here we are so give it all away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• im 50/50 on yelich. id like to keep him, but if we get blown away.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              im 50/50 on yelich. id like to keep him, but if we get blown away.....
              Sounds like that they will be blown away. Lots of options too. Big Market/Small Market and Rebuilding are all on him

Comment

Sounds like that they will be blown away. Lots of options too. Big Market/Small Market and Rebuilding are all on him
                by blown away i mean a legit top 10 prospect in all of baseball on top of 2 more top 100 guys and then another lower level guy with high potential. Like really blown away. Eaton got similar to that and while he's really good, i think Yelich is significantly better than him.

Comment

No crap. He's the kind of player/contract you build around whether you are competing for a World Series immediately or starting from the bottom. He's the player you can point at and say the Marlins got to and signed at the exact right time.

Comment

We're gonna have a serious lack of bats once we trade Ozuna

YA THINK?!?!

Comment

by blown away i mean a legit top 10 prospect in all of baseball on top of 2 more top 100 guys and then another lower level guy with high potential. Like really blown away. Eaton got similar to that and while he's really good, i think Yelich is significantly better than him.
                      3 top 100 prospects in baseball as well as another prospect is a pretty insane return in today's game. If they're able to get that they should take it in a millisecond. That's a trade that rebuilds the farm by itself.

Also not sure that Yelich deserves more than Eaton. Eaton's value is almost entirely in how great his defense is. Yelich is good there, but when calculating defensive WAR Eaton is on another level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        YA THINK?!?!
                        i meant in the system prospects wise. obviously we're gonna suck all around next year. that's the plan.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                        3 top 100 prospects in baseball as well as another prospect is a pretty insane return in today's game. If they're able to get that they should take it in a millisecond. That's a trade that rebuilds the farm by itself.

Also not sure that Yelich deserves more than Eaton. Eaton's value is almost entirely in how great his defense is. Yelich is good there, but when calculating defensive WAR Eaton is on another level.
                        Yelich is also a GG tho, isnt he? And I think his bat is a step above eaton's at least, with the potential for more as he continues growing into his body.

Comment

i meant in the system prospects wise. obviously we're gonna suck all around next year. that's the plan.
                          Brian Anderson is expected to be a long term starting 3rd baseman. Rojas/Riddle will suffice during a rebuild at SS/2B. Bour is obviously good at first (unless he's traded then just throw Tomas Telis there). Realmuto is the star left on the team.

Outfield can be filled with a bunch of cheap veteran signings on 1 year deals plus guys like Braxton Lee earning a MLB starting spot.

But it's obvious this will be a bottom 10 offense next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                            Brian Anderson is expected to be a long term starting 3rd baseman. Rojas/Riddle will suffice during a rebuild at SS/2B. Bour is obviously good at first (unless he's traded then just throw Tomas Telis there). Realmuto is the star left on the team.

Outfield can be filled with a bunch of cheap veteran signings on 1 year deals plus guys like Braxton Lee earning a MLB starting spot.

But it's obvious this will be a bottom 10 offense next season.

Deitrich will get 500 AB’s this season

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

Yelich is also a GG tho, isnt he? And I think his bat is a step above eaton's at least, with the potential for more as he continues growing into his body.
                              You should know better than to use Gold Gloves as a metric to judge. Yelich is above average as a defender, but he's got a putrid arm and Eaton by all calculations covers ground like few others that helps him be a 5-6 win player every year despite OPS'ing in the mid 700s.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              Deitrich will get 500 AB’s this season
                              I don't think Dietrich will be on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                                You should know better than to use Gold Gloves as a metric to judge. Yelich is above average as a defender, but he's got a putrid arm and Eaton by all calculations covers ground like few others that helps him be a 5-6 win player every year despite OPS'ing in the mid 700s.

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't think Dietrich will be on this team.

Why do you say that?

Comment

Working...
                                X