Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
    According to Rosenthal, with prices for free agent relievers soaring, teams are looking to trade for some. If the value is there, I'd look to move Barraclough now. Or else, he could be the latest reliever the Marlins miss the boat selling high on.
    They have gotten calls but lets just say the price is sky high right now. This is one thing that is holding up Ozuna to St Louis-Miami wants another prospect if Ziegler is in deal not just looking to throw him in. They will throw in Tazawa with cash

Comment

• Mish saying Ozuna to the Cardinals is done.

EDIT: Others confirming it now, too. Interested to see the return. Flaherty better be involved.
      Last edited by sports24/7; 12-13-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Multiple people are saying Ozuna to St Louis should be done tonight or tommorrow.
        12/12/17 3:16PM

Comment

You want a fucking cookie?

Comment

Didn't we JUST talk about this?

Comment

• Jeff Passan‏Verified account
              @JeffPassan
              51s51 seconds ago
              More
              Sources: Now that Marcell Ozuna has been dealt to St. Louis, Christian Yelich is in play. Marlins are telling teams they’ll trade him, though price will be even higher than Ozuna, with Yelich under control for up to five years at $58.25 million.
              wow

Comment

• It was pretty obvious that was coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  wow
                  Ridiculous.

Comment

• I bet Realmuto will be mentioned as being available soon especially after Mattingly just talked him up so much.

Comment

• Joel Sherman‏Verified account
                      @Joelsherman1
                      33s34 seconds ago
                      More Joel Sherman Retweeted Jeff Passan
                      #Marlins main quest is trying to get out of staggering debt, set up finances for future, but also to do full #Whitesox: change perception of farm from one of worst to best by trading all moneyed veterans for prospects.
                      Exactly what they should be doing.

Comment

• I have a bad feeling we are going to be very disappointed in the return for Ozuna. I bet Alcantara is the only big piece coming back. He may be a fine player but I just don't get it see too many mentions that there is a good chance he ends up in the bullpen.

Comment

• I feel the same way.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• ya the longer it takes the worse i feel about the deal. dont like the suspense. Id be really surprised if alcantara is the best guy they got though.

Comment

• Yelich is not only in play but the FO is actually making calls to team now

Atlanta is still frontrunner because they will take Prado too however Colorado,Philly,LAD,SD are making runs already

Comment

• Why has the return for all of our trades been a mystery for so long after the trade is reported?

Comment

Working...
                                X