Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    id trade bearclaw for profar and a lesser prospect in a heartbeat.
    Well that might do it. Other teams are talking like prospects or guys on 40 man out of options too. Not sure we give up a solid ML RP for a out of options MIF who could become something

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Well that might do it. Other teams are talking like prospects or guys on 40 man out of options too. Not sure we give up a solid ML RP for a out of options MIF who could become something
      it depends on the other prospect coming over, i just think its stupid to hang onto relievers who are solid but nothing special. If Profar turns out to be a bust, so be it, but in rebuilds im ok with taking chances on high potential guys, especially at premium positions, and especially profar who has hit extremely well at a very young age in every level he's been in and then had a rash of unlucky injuries. Even last year he hit very well in AAA and the Rangers stupidly jerked him around when he was at the major league level and didnt give him a consistent role.

That trade might bite us in the ass, but 1 solid but not spectacular reliever is worth the risk.

Comment

it depends on the other prospect coming over, i just think its stupid to hang onto relievers who are solid but nothing special. If Profar turns out to be a bust, so be it, but in rebuilds im ok with taking chances on high potential guys, especially at premium positions, and especially profar who has hit extremely well at a very young age in every level he's been in and then had a rash of unlucky injuries. Even last year he hit very well in AAA and the Rangers stupidly jerked him around when he was at the major league level and didnt give him a consistent role.

That trade might bite us in the ass, but 1 solid but not spectacular reliever is worth the risk.
        I know what u are saying. I am saying NYY is interested in him but for a pitcher or 2 they have no room for on the 40 man. SD/Toronto are interested for mid low level prospects/IFA Cash. No one is really talking about ML players especially solid ones so if we offered that it would blow the others out of the water.

Big risk is out of options and really didnt do much in AAA. Maybe for Tayron Guerrero? Andy Beltre? Brian Ellington?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          I know what u are saying. I am saying NYY is interested in him but for a pitcher or 2 they have no room for on the 40 man. SD/Toronto are interested for mid low level prospects/IFA Cash. No one is really talking about ML players especially solid ones so if we offered that it would blow the others out of the water.

Big risk is out of options and really didnt do much in AAA. Maybe for Tayron Guerrero? Andy Beltre? Brian Ellington?
          ya i understand. Wish we had that type of depth. I think Jarlin Garcia makes sense too. I just remember them having terrible bullpen issues. Brian Ellington stinks though he has no value. Same with Guerrero. We'll see, but whoever gets him and just plugs him in everyday and gives him a chance to work through his issues at the ML issue will get a really solid player.

Comment

• The Marlins recently made a significant front-office hire that they expect to help on that front (increasing revenue): David Oxfeld as vice president/head of corporate partnerships. For the previous five years, Oxfeld worked with Casey Close, Jeter’s longtime agent, at Excel Sports Management, where Oxfeld was vice president of client sales and business development. He was effectively an endorsement seller for Close and other Excel agents’ athletes.
            Most of the article is more of what we've already heard, I quoted the interesting part of it. Here's the link to the full story:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...115-story.html

Comment

• Miami gets the #1 Pick in RB(After 2nd Rd/Before 3rd Rd) and St Louis got the last pick in RA(Pick before 2nd Rd)

Pick can be traded in the regular season AND before anyone says we will trade Stanton before the regular season,there are ways around that. One way is only send 48 million in Stanton deal and when the regular season comes around trade cash for the pick

Round A
              31 @Pirates
              32 #Rays (Comp from '17)
              33 @Orioles
              34 @Padres
              35 @Dbacks
              36 @Royals
              37 @Indians
              38 @Rockies
              39 @Cardinals
              Round B
              70 [MENTION=217]marlins[/MENTION]
              71 @Athletics
              72 @RaysBaseball
              73 @Reds
              74 @Brewers
              75 @Twins

Comment

• ya, lets not trade high draft picks in the midst of a rebuild in order to convince another team to take on the reigning MVP.

Comment

• Some quotes from Stanton:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...de-gets-traded

"It's an interesting feeling and situation for me,'' Stanton said. "This is the only place I've known, but I also understand the business part of it. The direction that new ownership wants to go. They're feeling it out. We're going to try to figure out a plan here.''

Stanton said his preference was to remain in Miami, and he wanted the team's pitching situation "to be thoroughly addressed, not just somewhat addressed.''

He's not convinced the Marlins are ready to do that.

"I'm not entirely sure, to be honest,'' he said. "I know all teams have plenty of money.''

Comment

ya, lets not trade high draft picks in the midst of a rebuild in order to convince another team to take on the reigning MVP.
                    Huh? St Louis can now even offer the pick and draft pool $ in a Stanton deal too. Y would we have to trade our pick to another team? They want as much $/picks as they can get

Comment

• Rule 5 guys have to be protected by 11/20/17 at 8PM. Here are some of ours

Miami Marlins (7)
                      6. Merandy Gonzalez, RHP
                      10. Jeff Brigham, RHP
                      22. Pablo Lopez, RHP
                      23. Ricardo Cespedes, OF
                      24. Isael Soto, OF
                      25. John Norwood, OF
                      26. Austin Dean, OF
                      Non-Top 30 prospects added:
                      Miguel Del Pozo, LHP

Likely see Gonzalez,Andy Beltre,Braxton Lee added. Norwood maybe
                      Last edited by tjfla; 11-18-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys Darth Jeter doesn’t want to answer questions about Stanton so please stop.

Comment

• Mish says names discussed with Giants: Panik, Shaw, and Beede for Stanton and Gordon.

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/932614397452804098
                          Last edited by fauowls44; 11-20-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            Mish says names discussed with Giants: Panik, Shaw, and Beede for Stanton and Gordon.

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/932614397452804098
                            Mish is somewhat right. SF has given us an option to take 2 of 4 prospects-Shaw,Arroyo,Beede,Suarez. Chris Shaw was mentioned as one last week,which is why I said something about this is the time to trade Bour. Shaw would replace Bour at 1B

However Miami isn't to interested in the deal. They want Stanton and Gordon for Ramos,Beede,Shaw and Panik.(They actually prefer Stanton for Ramos,Shaw and other prospects/stuff from another team but SF knows they are only team right now so nothing yet). Also we would send LESS money to SF if we did a deal with them

This is the trade they really want
                            Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the Cardinals have made a formal trade offer to the Marlins for slugger Giancarlo Stanton.

The Cards formal offer is Stanton and cash for ML Ready SP(Reyes or Flaherty),SP(Hudson,Fernandez,Gallen,Gomber),OF(Gr ichuk,Bader,Sierra,Garcia)and possibly a low level prospect or 2(depending on who we get)

They are dying to do a trade with St Louis however are still waiting for Stanton to OK it before they do. If Stanton puts St Louis on his list at any time don't be surprised to see a trade quickly after-they already have agreed on alot of things in it

Boston is also expected to make a "formal offer" and LAD are too however they are far off(We asked for Buehler or Alvarez and Mitchell White plus more but were told NO so?) with both teams.
                            Last edited by tjfla; 11-20-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Mish reporting that Cards are offering a deal including Alcantara. Any deal with the cards needs to include one of Reyes, Weaver, or Flaherty.

Comment

• Joe Panik being the centerpiece of the alleged San Fran offer is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X