No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Boras (not my favorite person by any means) makes some interesting points that fish16 will hate and devote 7 paragraphs to:

https://amp.usatoday.com/story/867573001/

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Scott Boras (not my favorite person by any means) makes some interesting points that fish16 will hate and devote 7 paragraphs to:

https://amp.usatoday.com/story/867573001/
      god forbid i post more than a newsstory article on a fucking message board dedicated to the marlins. so sorry to devote time explaining my viewpoint on marlins issues on a marlins message board. you offer nothing. God forbid i explain the marlins new owners predicaments from time to time. 7 whole paragraphs, the nerve of me! so sorry to waste your time on the message board dedicated to the marlins that you signed up for! Let me just start posting articles every 3 days like you that we've all already seen and we can both be happy!!!!

Comment

• I was breaking balls a little. C’mon it’s funny that you say the same things like 17 times a week at great length and it’s funny that I add nothing to the discussion.

Let’s have a laugh at it. I apologize if I made you angry. Sincerely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I was breaking balls a little. C’mon it’s funny that you say the same things like 17 times a week at great length and it’s funny that I add nothing to the discussion.

Let’s have a laugh at it. I apologize if I made you angry. Sincerely.
          haha, i was also just kidding. i do post the same things over and over and am beyond at length. ive posted my same view point at least 25 times on stanton and how the front office should approach this offseason. i actually have a sense of humor so im cool with breaking balls.

Comment

• on a side note, there is now reportedly a bidding war for stanton. we will get a great haul for him. Take your time. dont rush to a deal.

Comment

• if ryon healy could get what he just got, regardless of contract, from the M's, that is good news for us for a Dee Gordon or Justin Bour trade. Healy is a solid player and has 2 more years at the minimum and then 3 years of arbitration, but still. Good news for the marlins for Dee or Bour.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                on a side note, there is now reportedly a bidding war for stanton. we will get a great haul for him. Take your time. dont rush to a deal.
                Not doubting you, but where did you see that? That's good news if true, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  Not doubting you, but where did you see that? That's good news if true, obviously.
                  ive seen some reports saying 8 teams interested, saw another saying 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    ive seen some reports saying 8 teams interested, saw another saying 12.
                    6 serious-5 are St Louis,Boston,SF,LAD,Philly 8 total-SD,LAA,Toronto

3 teams out of the 8 are listed interested because Stanton has them on his list

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    if ryon healy could get what he just got, regardless of contract, from the M's, that is good news for us for a Dee Gordon or Justin Bour trade. Healy is a solid player and has 2 more years at the minimum and then 3 years of arbitration, but still. Good news for the marlins for Dee or Bour.
                    Well what Oakland got for Healy is exactly what they have been asking teams to pay for Gordon. ML Ready/young ML RP and a prospect. Dee Gordon's market will pick up after Neil Walker/Brian Dozier figure out what they are doing. If Dozier wants 4/50 or something a team might rather have Gordon

Bour they want even more. Honestly looks like they wanna hold onto Bour unless they get blown away

- - - - - - - - - -

Morning update

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
                    @BNightengale

The Miami Marlins are not close to trading Giancarlo Stanton but the #SFGiants have been the most aggressive team in trade talks.

Nothing new. Not close because we want to do a deal with St Louis and he won't put them on his list(I know). SF still trying hard as hell to put together a package we like but at this point Ramos,Arroyo and Andrew Suarez is no where close to what we want. LAD are still far off. Boston prefer JD Martinez right now however since we are willing to throw 50-60 million in on the deal they could come around

If Stanton ever puts St Louis on his list they might make the announcement 2 seconds later. But knowing our luck St Louis will trade with Tampa for Colome and Archer while trading something we had demanded in the deal the day before it happens HAHA
                    Last edited by tjfla; 11-16-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• So how is Philly in the "serious" category when all reports have been the complete opposite - that they're basically out, and have no chance. Even the GM said they're not in.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        So how is Philly in the "serious" category when all reports have been the complete opposite - that they're basically out, and have no chance. Even the GM said they're not in.
                        Well the interested category are teams who have called and had some discussions/serious category is teams who would trade for him if they could

What u want the GM to say? Yes we want him but he doesn't wanna come here because our team sucks and won't be good till 2020? Its like when Trump said the Healthcare Repeal failed cause one senator was in the hospital-what the hell was he suppose to say to his fans? Well we can't pass it because its a suck ass repeal. Its called saving face!!!

Philly would take Stanton's whole contract/probably Chen's too AND give us TOP prospects if he would accept a deal there

- - - - - - - - - -

In kinda Marlins news but not really

https://nypost.com/2017/11/16/yankee...ated-prospect/

Yankees trying to get fish16's favorite player. Also mentions they have till Monday to trade some guys who they can't add to 40 man(Watch us for this-Denbo has guys he likes in the system still)
                        Last edited by tjfla; 11-16-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• In a rebuild taking a chance on Profar would be cool. Yankees just have so much stuff to trade its crazy. Meanwhile we gutted our system the last 3 yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                            In a rebuild taking a chance on Profar would be cool. Yankees just have so much stuff to trade its crazy. Meanwhile we gutted our system the last 3 yrs.
                            yup. Pretty much this. I never said my favorite player is Profar, nor did i say he is a sure fire star. I said he is a great buy low candidate who now has 3 years of team control left, one more than expected, because the rangers didnt bring him up in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                              In a rebuild taking a chance on Profar would be cool. Yankees just have so much stuff to trade its crazy. Meanwhile we gutted our system the last 3 yrs.
                              Seattle is gearing up for Otani. Just traded a nice arm(throws 103) RHP Thyago Vieira to CWS for IFA $.

We can try for him if Texas wants/needs more IFA cash for Otani but otherwise NYY can destroy us in any deal. They can trade prospects and have about 10 guys they need to do something with(Some guys are ML Ready RP and others are high draft picks)

These are just the P Luis Cessa, Bryan Mitchell, Caleb Smith, Chasen Shreve, Ronald Herrera, Ben Heller, Jonathan Holder, Gio Gallegos, Cale Coshow, J.P. Feyersien
                              Last edited by tjfla; 11-16-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• id trade bearclaw for profar and a lesser prospect in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X