Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
    It’s silly that the Braves would make their best prospects untouchable and we’d just be fine with it and move down their list. When it comes to trading Yelich, especially in the division, they have to either get what we want or find a team that will give us what we want. I get that the other guys in their system are good also, but if they’re getting someone like Yelich cheap for the next 6 years, then we should be able to pick anyone we want from their system.
    Exactly if that is true that the Marlins are fine with that being the case is a big part of what is wrong with this organization and shows us that things really haven't changed very much. They seem to focus on one guy and could care less about what else is coming back. Trades like this will play a big part in how long before this team is relevant or maybe if they will ever be relevant again. They have to look at the whole trade and get the best players who will help this team in the future back not just take players because its the best player they allow you to get like Pache or take a catcher back even tho these probably would never help this team why settle for that?

Comment

I get it from the Braves prospective, but not ours. The Marlins are the team giving up the sure thing. If we don’t get exactly who we want, there’s no reason to settle for who they want to give up. Either get your top choice or hang on to the guy until someone makes the deal we want.
      I agree and they WANT GOHARA!!! Its like the St Louis deal,people bitch about Sandy Alcantara but that is the guy they wanted. Other than Gohara I have no clue who else they "like" but safe to safe Allard,Wentz,Anderson are all guys they would like

- - - - - - - - - -

U guys look at MLB.com and think that our FO/Denbo have the same rankings. Just because Allard is #2 doesn't mean that is who we consider to be the best. When new rankings come out Gohara is likely the new #2. People talk about Riley like he is a can't miss 3B prospect. How do we know that Pache won't hit 15 HR in FSL and becomes a Top 25 prospect next year?

Yes Acuna is #1 and they would love to get him however they understand he is untouchable and realize Atlanta has alot more. Its not like dealing with Toronto or Washington who have 2 nice prospects and nothing else. When Toronto says NO to Vlad Jr u move on. When Washington says NO to Robles u move on.

Try to be realistic and realize u aren't getting Acuna,Albies and 4 SP for Yelich
      Last edited by tjfla; 01-06-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        We know u want Acuna,Albies and 4 SP.

As for Pache u do realize he just turned 19 right? How many 18 year old in A Ball are called "power" guys. He has the body just give him time. U act like Pache is a 21 yr old who is 5'9 160lbs. He just turned 19 and is 6'2 185. Acuna didn't have much power until this year
        Everyone should want them to get those hitters. I knew from the start that isn't realistic however when making all the young mlb hitters plus their best two minor league hitters off limits in a trade for a proven cheaply priced all star caliber MLB player you shouldn't settle for a player like Pache as one of 4 players coming back. IF they aren't making those players available then they should be more open on their pitchers. It's not like they don't have several young arms already at MLB level and are depending on these to need to be ready soon. I think that they should be able to get Wright, Gohara and Wentz plus one or two lower level players. In a trade for Yelich I don't think that is too unreasonable.

I do understand he is 19 and he could develop some power however that is a huge risk to bank on that. He only hit 13 doubles in full season ball so there isn't much pop there at all. I know he is 19 but he did only hit .281 as well and if he doesn't develop power and hits .270-.280 he won't be anything but filler or a 4th outfielder.

Comment

• I love Gohara. I like Pache. That deal would still suck for Yelich.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
            Everyone should want them to get those hitters. I knew from the start that isn't realistic however when making all the young mlb hitters plus their best two minor league hitters off limits in a trade for a proven cheaply priced all star caliber MLB player you shouldn't settle for a player like Pache as one of 4 players coming back. IF they aren't making those players available then they should be more open on their pitchers. It's not like they don't have several young arms already at MLB level and are depending on these to need to be ready soon. I think that they should be able to get Wright, Gohara and Wentz plus one or two lower level players. In a trade for Yelich I don't think that is too unreasonable.

I do understand he is 19 and he could develop some power however that is a huge risk to bank on that. He only hit 13 doubles in full season ball so there isn't much pop there at all. I know he is 19 but he did only hit .281 as well and if he doesn't develop power and hits .270-.280 he won't be anything but filler or a 4th outfielder.
            And what if he hits .290 15-20 HR in the FSL as a 19 yr old next year? U are going to have teams drooling over him-wouldn't u like to have that in your system. All I am saying is it's not like he doesn't have the size to hit HR. He isn't small like Sierra. Gohara,Wentz,Pache plus one or 2 mid level players is what they will probably get

Comment

I get it from the Braves prospective, but not ours. They have a lot of good prospects...good for them. If they want Yelich, they should give up the best ones. The Marlins are the team giving up the sure thing. If we don’t get exactly who we want, there’s no reason to settle for who they want to give up. Either get your top choice or hang on to the guy until someone makes the deal we want.
              my viewpoint exactly. Yelich is an all star level player just entering his prime with 5 years of team control. You dont give up one of your top guys, you dont get him. simple as that in my opinion. Just because they have other top prospects as well doesnt mean we should just accept that they view their top 4 as untouchable.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              I agree and they WANT GOHARA!!! Its like the St Louis deal,people bitch about Sandy Alcantara but that is the guy they wanted. Other than Gohara I have no clue who else they "like" but safe to safe Allard,Wentz,Anderson are all guys they would like

- - - - - - - - - -

U guys look at MLB.com and think that our FO/Denbo have the same rankings. Just because Allard is #2 doesn't mean that is who we consider to be the best. When new rankings come out Gohara is likely the new #2. People talk about Riley like he is a can't miss 3B prospect. How do we know that Pache won't hit 15 HR in FSL and becomes a Top 25 prospect next year?

Yes Acuna is #1 and they would love to get him however they understand he is untouchable and realize Atlanta has alot more. Its not like dealing with Toronto or Washington who have 2 nice prospects and nothing else. When Toronto says NO to Vlad Jr u move on. When Washington says NO to Robles u move on.

Try to be realistic and realize u aren't getting Acuna,Albies and 4 SP for Yelich
              not one person is saying that so you can quit with the straw man. But you should be able to get one of them for Yelich. IF they dont want to give one up, they dont get him.

FWIW, Frisaro is saying the exact same thing as me, they will go for Acuna or Wright and if not then no trade will be done essentially.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                my viewpoint exactly. Yelich is an all star level player just entering his prime with 5 years of team control. You dont give up one of your top guys, you dont get him. simple as that in my opinion. Just because they have other top prospects as well doesnt mean we should just accept that they view their top 4 as untouchable.
                Guess we are holding onto Yelich and JT because right now they aren't getting Acuna,Vlad Jr,or Robles.

Comment

And what if he hits .290 15-20 HR in the FSL as a 19 yr old next year? U are going to have teams drooling over him-wouldn't u like to have that in your system. All I am saying is it's not like he doesn't have the size to hit HR. He isn't small like Sierra. Gohara,Wentz,Pache plus one or 2 mid level players is what they will probably get
                  What if he hits .220 with no homeruns in FSL next year? That would make the trade look that much worse. Even with that size at the SAL last year he didn't even luck into 1 HR. Also if the Braves believed that was very likely I am sure he would be off limits as well.. IF that what they end up offering I hope the Marlins pass and either wait for a better package somewhere else or keep him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

not one person is saying that so you can quit with the straw man. But you should be able to get one of them for Yelich. IF they dont want to give one up, they dont get him.

FWIW, Frisaro is saying the exact same thing as me, they will go for Acuna or Wright and if not then no trade will be done essentially.
                    The flamarlins93 guy has said it like 4 times already. O ya Frisaro is the insider I would be following.

Like I said how do WE know that they don't think Gohara is better/ranked higher than Wright? How does Frisaro know that they didn't say Acuna or Gohara and Atlanta said Acuna is untouchable but we will do Gohara??

Comment

Guess we are holding onto Yelich and JT because right now they aren't getting Acuna,Vlad Jr,or Robles.
                      id be fine with that. And id be cool with Wright and Gohara for the Braves as the start of a package.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      The flamarlins93 guy has said it like 4 times already. O ya Frisaro is the insider I would be following.

Like I said how do WE know that they don't think Gohara is better/ranked higher than Wright? How does Frisaro know that they didn't say Acuna or Gohara and Atlanta said Acuna is untouchable but we will do Gohara??
                      I doubt he's said we should be getting Acuna, Albies, and 4 SP in any post hes made here.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                        What if he hits .220 with no homeruns in FSL next year? That would make the trade look that much worse. Even with that size at the SAL last year he didn't even luck into 1 HR. Also if the Braves believed that was very likely I am sure he would be off limits as well.. IF that what they end up offering I hope the Marlins pass and either wait for a better package somewhere else or keep him.
                        We don't but that is the chance u take. Everyone though Maybin was gonna be a All Star and how did that turn out?

Comment

We don't but that is the chance u take. Everyone though Maybin was gonna be a All Star and how did that turn out?
                          so because maybin didnt turn out as a top prospect, that means Pache will all of a sudden develop power?

Comment

• Exactly those type of outfielder are a huge risk which is why I would prefer them to go with someone else most likely another pitcher instead.

Comment

• To me, any deal with the Braves starts with Acuna, Albies, or Wright and then Gohara as the 2nd piece. If one of those 3 arent the lead prospect, you dont force a deal to them. Pretty simple.

Comment

• I dont really put much stock in the rankings but here is the most updated TOP Prospects(Both have Gohara at #2)

https://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...QZXZ5m9I4Qq.97

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2017...pects-for-2018

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                To me, any deal with the Braves starts with Acuna, Albies, or Wright and then Gohara as the 2nd piece. If one of those 3 arent the lead prospect, you dont force a deal to them. Pretty simple.
                                What if Miami sees Gohara instead of Wright in that lead group?

Comment

Working...
                                X