Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Ya they aren't looking to attach Castro however don't be surprised if he goes with Straily or a RP if its to Milwaukee or another team that needs both

As for Prado its not really "attaching" him to Yelich. Braves NEED a 3B for 2018 and if they get Yelich they do NOT need an OF and we do. I keep hearing they still want 4/5 prospects for Yelich but Atlanta has offered Prado for Markakis to sweeten the deal for us. It does nothing for our payroll in 2018 however saves 15 million or so for 2019
    Gotta save that $$$$!!!!!!

As long as we still get a massive haul, if they want to include Prado, ok. But the return should not be lessened in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Gotta save that $$$$!!!!!!

As long as we still get a massive haul, if they want to include Prado, ok. But the return should not be lessened in any way.
      Its NOT gonna lessen the return. It saves u 15 million in 2019 and gives both teams something they can use.

I just can't wait till May when Prado is highest paid guy on the team,plays 2 games a week and fans complain about why we never traded him!!

Brian Anderson will be at 3B,DD/Cooper/Lee will be in LF and Castro/Rojas will be at 2B. While we have no one in RF

Why do u guys talk about lessening the return anyway? The only good return this board thinks for Yelich is Acuna,Albies,3 SP and more. Its NOT realistic. Its gonna be the same with JT-he will end up in Washington for Juan Soto,Michael Taylor,Severino and more(WHICH is a TERRIBLE deal IMO but its what Washington has discussed with us.) but Marlins fans will say that "fair" return would have been Trea Turner,Robles and more
      Last edited by tjfla; 01-05-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Its NOT gonna lessen the return. It saves u 15 million in 2019 and gives both teams something they can use.

I just can't wait till May when Prado is highest paid guy on the team,plays 2 games a week and fans complain about why we never traded him!!

Brian Anderson will be at 3B,DD/Cooper/Lee will be in LF and Castro/Rojas will be at 2B. While we have no one in RF

Why do u guys talk about lessening the return anyway? The only good return this board thinks for Yelich is Acuna,Albies,3 SP and more. Its NOT realistic. Its gonna be the same with JT-he will end up in Washington for Juan Soto,Michael Taylor,Severino and more(WHICH is a TERRIBLE deal IMO but its what Washington has discussed with us.) but Marlins fans will say that "fair" return would have been Trea Turner,Robles and more
        Because if we're going to trade our 2 most affordable, best (last) remaining great pieces, we want the moon for them, especially after the underwhelming return from the previous trades. Why that's so hard to understand, I don't understand.

If Chicago can get a massive haul for Eaton, why would we not be able to do the same for Yelich, aside from having an incompetent front office that takes whatever they're offered?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          Because if we're going to trade our 2 most affordable, best (last) remaining great pieces, we want the moon for them, especially after the underwhelming return from the previous trades. Why that's so hard to understand, I don't understand.

If Chicago can get a massive haul for Eaton, why would we not be able to do the same for Yelich, aside from having an incompetent front office that takes whatever they're offered?
          Gohara,Allard and mid level pitcher is same as Giolito,Lopez and Dunning what Chicago gave up for Eaton. We would get them AND atleast 2 others in Pache(Atlanta 2nd Best Position Player who is 19 at Jupiter) and more?

Underwhelming because one guy refused to go to 2 teams we had nice deals with and the other is a FA in 2 years and wants 7/250

I agree we should get a massive haul but Acuna,Albies are not realistic if u want 4/5 prospects.Now if u want Acuna and a low level arm MAYBE. Its like Washington and JT-What do u want if Washington says JT for Robles and Severino OR Soto,Michael Taylor,Severino,Kieboom and more?

That is the issue the FO is having-they want to build a farm system but also want that "star" player. U can't do both unless u trade them BOTH to 1 team and at this point they dont wanna do that
          Last edited by tjfla; 01-05-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• I’d take the atl pitchers over the guys the White Sox got for Eaton. Especially if it include Gohara, Soroka.
            Last edited by Ralph; 01-05-2018, 11:21 AM.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
              I’d take the atl pitchersr the pitchers the whitesox got for Eaton. Especially if it include Gohara, Soroka.
              So would I and so would the Marlins which is why they aren't pushing for Acuna. U would get 2nd Best Position guy AND arms better than Chicago got. Get the ML Ready arms in Yelich deal and then move JT for more bats

Comment

Gohara,Allard and mid level pitcher is same as Giolito,Lopez and Dunning what Chicago gave up for Eaton. We would get them AND atleast 2 others in Pache(Atlanta 2nd Best Position Player who is 19 at Jupiter) and more?

Underwhelming because one guy refused to go to 2 teams we had nice deals with and the other is a FA in 2 years and wants 7/250

I agree we should get a massive haul but Acuna,Albies are not realistic if u want 4/5 prospects.Now if u want Acuna and a low level arm MAYBE. Its like Washington and JT-What do u want if Washington says JT for Robles and Severino OR Soto,Michael Taylor,Severino,Kieboom and more?

That is the issue the FO is having-they want to build a farm system but also want that "star" player. U can't do both unless u trade them BOTH to 1 team and at this point they dont wanna do that
                I think the move should be getting a ton of pitching for Yelich plus a couple solid hitting prospects like Jackson and Pache and then maximize the star power in a JT trade (meaning Kopech, Tucker, Robles, etc). Or the other way around. Either way, you still end up with that one star prospect on top of getting a shit ton of depth in the other deal. That to me makes the most sense.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think the White Sox also make a lot of sense for both JT and Yelich (not together in the same deal, i just mean for either one of them). Id start with Luis Robert (future superstar who also happens to be cuban) and then grab Hansen, Collins (UM guy), and another pitcher.

Comment

So would I and so would the Marlins which is why they aren't pushing for Acuna. U would get 2nd Best Position guy AND arms better than Chicago got. Get the ML Ready arms in Yelich deal and then move JT for more bats
                  I honestly didn't think they would be able to get Acuna. However if the Braves say him and other young hitters plus that some pitchers are off limits as well that's garbage. Also Pache isn't their second best position guy. That guy is not available either that would be Austin Riley. As far as the Marlins go they have only 2 things covered in their minor league system. 1 is relief pitchers and second is light hitting defense first outfielders they have plenty of both all thru the system. Maybe instead of settling just because he is the best one they will allow them to get they should just take another pitcher instead. Same with the catchers if they are not really seen as anything other then organizational filler or possible backups get something different. Why waste trading a really good young major league player with a great contract for secondary pieces and parts that you really don't want but settling because that is what is being offered. I do agree that some of the pitchers you mentioned would be nice pickups.

At some point if dealing with Atlanta or Washington you have to figure in that they are in the same division and a higher price should be placed on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                    I honestly didn't think they would be able to get Acuna. However if the Braves say him and other young hitters plus that some pitchers are off limits as well that's garbage. Also Pache isn't their second best position guy. That guy is not available either that would be Austin Riley. As far as the Marlins go they have only 2 things covered in their minor league system. 1 is relief pitchers and second is light hitting defense first outfielders they have plenty of both all thru the system. Maybe instead of settling just because he is the best one they will allow them to get they should just take another pitcher instead. Same with the catchers if they are not really seen as anything other then organizational filler or possible backups get something different. Why waste trading a really good young major league player with a great contract for secondary pieces and parts that you really don't want but settling because that is what is being offered. I do agree that some of the pitchers you mentioned would be nice pickups.

At some point if dealing with Atlanta or Washington you have to figure in that they are in the same division and a higher price should be placed on that.
                    While i agree with your general premise, prospects like Acuna are almost never available, especially when they are as close to the majors, and especially for non superstars like Yelich and Realmuto (even though we all know they still do have a ton of value). And while i agree with your opinion on us having depth in the speed/defense first outfielders and relievers, we also have a fairly solid amount of depth SP wise with mid-back of the rotation potential guys. We're just missing sure fire top of the rotation guys as far as our pitching prospects go.

- - - - - - - - - -

Is it possible the 3 top teams for Yelich will turn out to be 3 teams in our division? (Was, ATL, PHI)

Comment

I will be thrilled if Prado is the highest paid guy on the team in May. That would mean Jeter will have revealed that he is actually a wizard because he would have magically made Chen disappear. lol

- - - - - - - - - -

It probably wouldn't work either but here is my idea for a trade with them.
                      My trade with Atlanta would be:

Atlanta receives:
                      Christian Yelich
                      Martin Prado
                      Miguel Rojas

Miami receives:
                      Nick Markakis
                      Dansby Swanson
                      Kyle Wright
                      Luiz Gohara
                      Joey Wentz
                      Maybe something else low level but I just can't see restricting all their young hitters but Pache and also taking out Kyle Wright and possibly other pitchers. I know alot want Allard but I am not as big on him as many.

Comment

I will be thrilled if Prado is the highest paid guy on the team in May. That would mean Jeter will have revealed that he is actually a wizard because he would have magically made Chen disappear. lol

- - - - - - - - - -

It probably wouldn't work either but here is my idea for a trade with them.
                        My trade with Atlanta would be:

Atlanta receives:
                        Christian Yelich
                        Martin Prado
                        Miguel Rojas

Miami receives:
                        Nick Markakis
                        Dansby Swanson
                        Kyle Wright
                        Luiz Gohara
                        Joey Wentz
                        Maybe something else low level but I just can't see restricting all their young hitters but Pache and also taking out Kyle Wright and possibly other pitchers. I know alot want Allard but I am not as big on him as many.
                        I think their pitching depth as far as quality goes
                        Wright
                        Allard/Sororka
                        Anderson/Gohara/Wentz

Id need Gohara, and then Allard and Sororka or Wright by himself and then adding guys like Pache and Jackson. Also I know im missing one of the Braves top guys, i just cant remember who it is of the top of my head.

Comment

• I just want no part of Pache I would actually prefer they just get back one less player then take him. I still hate the Sierra inclusion in the Ozuna trade I am just not a fan of those type outfielders.

Comment

I just want no part of Pache I would actually prefer they just get back one less player then take him. I still hate the Sierra inclusion in the Ozuna trade I am just not a fan of those type outfielders.
                            If they pan out, those types of outfielders can be really valuable. dyson from KC/SEA is a good example. You can still get a solid 2-3 or as much as 4 WAR from a guy like that if he pans out. The problem is so many of them never end up hitting enough to play everyday, so in that respect, i agree with you. I think Pache's hit tool is much better than Sierra's though.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              I think their pitching depth as far as quality goes
                              Wright
                              Allard/Sororka
                              Anderson/Gohara/Wentz

Id need Gohara, and then Allard and Sororka or Wright by himself and then adding guys like Pache and Jackson. Also I know im missing one of the Braves top guys, i just cant remember who it is of the top of my head.
                              Your ranking Gohara below Allard and Sororka?
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                                Your ranking Gohara below Allard and Sororka?
                                I think his ceiling is a notch below those 2 guys, and their ceilings are a notch below Wright. All really good pitching prospects though, obviously.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just to clarify that, I see Gohara as a likely 3 that could be a 2. Allard and Sororka as likely 2's that could be 1's. And Wright as a likely 1. Obviously just my opinion though. They are all really good prospects and its crazy that the braves have all of them.

And as far as Wentz and anderson, they are wild cards to me as they havent been in the minors for as long and that scares me a little given what level they are at.

Comment

Working...
                                X