X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/nat...ch/c-264269176

- - - - - - - - - -

Atlanta-Yelich/Prado
    Miami-Nick Markakis/Luiz Gohara/1 of Allard,Anderson,Soroka/1 of Wentz,Bryse Wilson,Ricardo Sanchez/Cristian Pache/1 of Alex Jackson,Cumberland,Herbert

This is the MOST likely deal for Yelich at this point unless someone jumps in

Then let Houston,Texas and Washington fight for JT. If they make that first trade they do NOT need more ML Ready SP so they can get others from these teams whether they have arms or NOT

Put Gohara and another arm in AAA. One of the other arms in AA. Pache and C in Jupiter. Remember this when trades are made-2018 MEANS NOTHING to this team. Most of these guys will stay in minors till June to save a year of FA
    Last edited by tjfla; 01-04-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• that's a pretty solid deal, but if we then turn to deal the rest of the guys we should really focus on position players with the remainder of our assets.

- - - - - - - - - -

not sure why wentz would be in the same category as Wilson and Sanchez though. He's in another class.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        that's a pretty solid deal, but if we then turn to deal the rest of the guys we should really focus on position players with the remainder of our assets.

- - - - - - - - - -

not sure why wentz would be in the same category as Wilson and Sanchez though. He's in another class.
        He should be I typed wrong-Gohara AND 1 of Wentz,Allard,Anderson,Soroka(TOP Prospect) AND 1 of Bryse Wilson,Ricardo Sanchez,Drew Harrington(Mid Level)

But ya thats the idea-if they got that deal they could focus on position guys for JT/Straily/RP even tho they will likely try to get a "project" arm in all deals like they normally do. That is why they are waiting till after Yelich to figure stuff out with others,if u get 3/4 arms in Yelich deal u can trade Straily for a ML Ready Bat(like they asked Baltimore for)
        Last edited by tjfla; 01-04-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Would be less of a fan of that. I'd want 2 of those top pitching guys on top of Gohara + a catcher and Pache.

Comment

Would be less of a fan of that. I'd want 2 of those top pitching guys on top of Gohara + a catcher and Pache.
            Probably could talk Atlanta into that if they play cards right but I am being conservative. Just talking about "framework" of what a deal could be. As long as they don't get greedy and say Acuna only and specific players the deal should come along

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Probably could talk Atlanta into that if they play cards right but I am being conservative. Just talking about "framework" of what a deal could be.
              that would be a great deal and we'd have some really really good pitching depth in our organization if that was the case.

- - - - - - - - - -

acuna is a non starter id assume.

Comment

that would be a great deal and we'd have some really really good pitching depth in our organization if that was the case.

- - - - - - - - - -

acuna is a non starter id assume.
                Hearing Acuna and Robles are non starters which is why u dont hear much JT to Washington noise. If Washington was like Robles,Severino and morethen JT would probably be on his way but instead they start with Juan Soto

Juan Soto is solid and we like ALOT but no Robles and Texas/Houston how far deeper systems.

But ya Acuna is a nonstarter right now and they are fine with Pache

Comment

• I’d go all pitchers and one of the catchers with Atlanta. Then position players with JT, Straily etc.

Just not a fan of Braves bats other than acuña
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Hearing Acuna and Robles are non starters which is why u dont hear much JT to Washington noise. If Washington was like Robles,Severino and morethen JT would probably be on his way but instead they start with Juan Soto

Juan Soto is solid and we like ALOT but no Robles and Texas/Houston how far deeper systems.

But ya Acuna is a nonstarter right now and they are fine with Pache
                    Between JT and Yelich, we've gotta leave with one of Robles or Tucker of even a guy like Kyle Wright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      I’d go all pitchers and one of the catchers with Atlanta. Then position players with JT, Straily etc.

Just not a fan of Braves bats other than acuña
                      Well the main reasons they like the Braves are they will take Prado for Markakis which saves 15 million and they can get 3 high end arms. Pache is #2 Atlanta Position Player so its not like he is terrible but he has talent and is very young(Would be 19 in Jupiter)

Comment

• Id be cool with Markakis, Gohara, Pache, Wentz, and Allard for Yelich and Prado. That seems fair for each side.

- - - - - - - - - -

I like the Prado for Markakis aspect though. Would mean our only long term contract after this next year would be Chen, i believe.

Comment

Between JT and Yelich, we've gotta leave with one of Robles or Tucker of even a guy like Kyle Wright.
                          Wright is an untouchable I heard. A few other arms are untouchable(just not sure who which is why I named a few). Gohara they want badly which is why I mentioned him byself,however the others no clue

They would love Robles for JT but I would wait till Yelich trade until trying to guess on JT
                          Last edited by tjfla; 01-04-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Gohara would be a really nice addition. I really think we will end up with some really good pitching prospects and pitching depth after a Yelich trade. Between all the trades we've had, obviously some will miss, but its a nice combo of high ceiling and high floor guys all with full team control.

Comment

Gohara would be a really nice addition. I really think we will end up with some really good pitching prospects and pitching depth after a Yelich trade. Between all the trades we've had, obviously some will miss, but its a nice combo of high ceiling and high floor guys all with full team control.
                              and wouldn't be a suprise if we added another high ceiling SP at #13. Ryan Rolison,Jackson Kowar,Logan Gilbert should be around. This draft is college arm heavy at the Top. Take 1 of them and Jupiter rotation in 2019 is Braxton Garrett,Trevor Rogers,Jackson Kowar pretty solid

Comment

He should be I typed wrong-Gohara AND 1 of Wentz,Allard,Anderson,Soroka(TOP Prospect) AND 1 of Bryse Wilson,Ricardo Sanchez,Drew Harrington(Mid Level)

But ya thats the idea-if they got that deal they could focus on position guys for JT/Straily/RP even tho they will likely try to get a "project" arm in all deals like they normally do. That is why they are waiting till after Yelich to figure stuff out with others,if u get 3/4 arms in Yelich deal u can trade Straily for a ML Ready Bat(like they asked Baltimore for)
                                All we've heard was that they'd only trade Yelich for a great return. That's the supposed great return? I don't see it. Gohara is a legitimate pitching prospect, but that's only two top 100 prospects (on anyone's list), and only three of Atlanta's top 10 prospects, with no true elite prospect in the deal. It also leaves the Marlins without any real promising bats in the system. The Marlins don't have to trade Yelich, so I don't see how this package makes it worth it to move him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Guys ALOT of teams are in on Straily. I wouldn't call Cubs favorite or anything they have talked with us on about 5 guys

We like Almora,Ian Happ and a few of there minor league arms

The Straily market will pick up once the FA arms sign. At this point they are really working on Yelich.
                                If they're looking at guys like Almora and Happ for Straily, that's actually encouraging. I wasn't expecting that kind of a return on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X