• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ML Rotation is

Chen(1st month)
    Urena
    Conley
    Peters,Despaigne,Smith,Jarlin Garcia,O'Grady,Nicolino,Graves fighting for #4/5

- - - - - - - - - -

Also someone will be DFA when the Ozuna trade is announced

Comment

• Wonder when straily is gonna go and what his value is. id like to see us add some hitting prospects to the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
        Nicolino is out of options so he either on the team or gone.
        I hope he stays and pitches in the Yankees series. Should be a fun matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          ML Rotation is

Chen(1st month)
          Urena
          Conley
          Peters,Despaigne,Smith,Jarlin Garcia,O'Grady,Nicolino,Graves fighting for #4/5

- - - - - - - - - -

Also someone will be DFA when the Ozuna trade is announced
          cervenka.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, the more i read about gallen from the ozuna trade the more i like what i hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            cervenka.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, the more i read about gallen from the ozuna trade the more i like what i hear.
            Ya Alcantara and Gallen are a year away but both nice arms. Gallen is Woody Williams type pitcher-not big but pounds the zone

Comment

• Yea I might like Gallen more than Hudson.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Also Daniel Castano will be in High A or Low A

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                  Yea I might like Gallen more than Hudson.
                  similar type player, but it seems like Gallen strikes more guys out. Plus he moved through their system fast as hell in his first year after being drafted. I dont think it's out of the question to see him in the rotation at some point this year. I was hoping for flaherty, but this trade has the potential to be good, especially given that Ozuna is leaving in 2 years anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    similar type player, but it seems like Gallen strikes more guys out. Plus he moved through their system fast as hell in his first year after being drafted. I dont think it's out of the question to see him in the rotation at some point this year. I was hoping for flaherty, but this trade has the potential to be good, especially given that Ozuna is leaving in 2 years anyways.
                    It wasn't that great a return pitching wise for what St Louis has. However the FO might see something in Castano. He is the type they have been trying to get for 4 years now-big (6'4 230) lefty who eats innings. Justin Jacome/Brett Lilek type

Sierra was the surprise tho. Might hit 5-10 HR a year but everything else is +++. Gold Glove CF who will bat leadoff and could lead league in SB

- - - - - - - - - -

Baseball Prospectus had

Sierra #3
                    Alcantara #5
                    Gallen Top 15

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

- - - - - - - - - -

By way looks like Oakland is getting Piscotty for Yairo Munoz and Max Schrock

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      It wasn't that great a return pitching wise for what St Louis has. However the FO might see something in Castano. He is the type they have been trying to get for 4 years now-big (6'4 230) lefty who eats innings. Justin Jacome/Brett Lilek type

Sierra was the surprise tho. Might hit 5-10 HR a year but everything else is +++. Gold Glove CF who will bat leadoff and could lead league in SB

- - - - - - - - - -

Baseball Prospectus had

Sierra #3
                      Alcantara #5
                      Gallen Top 15

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us
                      Ya, im not crazy about the deal solely because i thought they could do better, but Alcantara obviously has electric stuff and Sierra has really nice potential. I just dont like how little of a sure thing they are as the top 2 guys in the deal. I could see them both being all stars or both being nothing guys. Sierra is a glove first leadoff guy for 10+ years ideally.

Comment

• What's funny is despite the moves, Miami still has a somewhat respectable lineup.

1. Realmuto
                        2. Prado
                        3. Yelich
                        4. Bour
                        5. Castro
                        6. Dietrich
                        7. Riddle
                        8. Anderson
                        9. P

I'm sure more moves will be made, but I was thinking last night about how that's really not awful as it stands today.

Now, the pitching will be a nightmare, but we already knew that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          What's funny is despite the moves, Miami still has a somewhat respectable lineup.

1. Realmuto
                          2. Prado
                          3. Yelich
                          4. Bour
                          5. Castro
                          6. Dietrich
                          7. Riddle
                          8. Anderson
                          9. P

I'm sure more moves will be made, but I was thinking last night about how that's really not awful as it stands today.

i dont think the pitching is as bad as we think, we just dont have anything in the way of top of the rotation talent. We have a ton of back end of the rotation guys, but i think 5 of them will pan out and not be as bad as certain guys we've trotted out there in recent years.

Comment

What's funny is despite the moves, Miami still has a somewhat respectable lineup.

1. Realmuto
                            2. Prado
                            3. Yelich
                            4. Bour
                            5. Castro
                            6. Dietrich
                            7. Riddle
                            8. Anderson
                            9. P

Sierra will make the team next year I bet.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            i dont think the pitching is as bad as we think, we just dont have anything in the way of top of the rotation talent. We have a ton of back end of the rotation guys, but i think 5 of them will pan out and not be as bad as certain guys we've trotted out there in recent years.
                            The pitching is absolutely awful.

Comment

• Scott Miller‏Verified account
                              @ScottMillerBbl
                              Following Following @ScottMillerBbl
                              More
                              The #Marlins are taking lots of calls on OF Christian Yelich but he & C J.T. Realmuto likely to stay put in MIami barring top-shelf offer. Reasonable $ + club control. "Gotta draw the line somewhere," says 1 Marlins person.

Guess we will find out how true this is...I also wouldn't mind seeing Castro kept until the deadline at least. Too many 2B out there now to get much a return.

Comment

1. Realmuto
                                2. Prado
                                3. Yelich
                                4. Bour
                                5. Castro
                                6. Dietrich
                                7. Riddle
                                8. Anderson
                                9. P

Where do we expect Prado to be playing in this lineup? Dietrich for that matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X