• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lou View Post
    Just want to note this which I never saw before:

Wei-Yin Chen lhp
    5 years/$80M (2016-20), plus conditional 2021 option
    signed by Miami as a free agent 1/19/16
    $13M signing bonus ($5M paid 11/30/17, $8M paid 6/30/18)
    16:$6M, 17:$9M, 18:$10M player option, 19:$20M player option, 20:$22M player option, 21:$16M conditional player option
    Chen must exercise 2018-20 options together within four days after the end of the 2017 World Series
    Chen receives 2021 player option if he 1) has 180 innings pitched in 2020 or 360 IP in 2019-20 and 2) is not on the disabled list at the end of the 2020 season, and 3) is healthy for 2021 spring training
    Total of $64.5M in 2016-21 salaries is deferred without interest (16:$3M, 17:$4.5M, 18:$8M, 19:$16M, 20:$17M , 21:$16M)
    Chen to receive deferred payments of $3M on 11/30/16, $4.5M on 11/30/17, $2M on 11/30/18, $6M on 6/30/19, $4M on 11/30/19, $9M on 6/30/20, $5M on 11/30/20, $15M on 6/30/21, $1M on 11/30/21, $15M on 6/30/22

Fucking Loria jesus christ.

So basically Cot's annual spreadsheet is wrong and they owe Chen some serious bucks in 2022? What about Stanton not opting-out, Marlins could be paying something like $20 million bucks to Chen and Staton in 2022?

What a mess. I hope they just pay this guy out next 3 years to get him off the books
    Oh yeah, the moment I saw the details of that contract and the Stanton contract I was like, well I know when Loria's going to sell the team, and sure enough.

Comment

• Not the deferred amounts, I always thought he was $10-$20-$20 the next 3 years - which still sucks.

Not $15 million payments 4 and 5 years from now.

Comment

Not the deferred amounts, I always thought he was $10-$20-$20 the next 3 years - which still sucks.

Not $15 million payments 4 and 5 years from now.
        He tried to offer Kenley Jensen the same type of contract which is how everyone knew he was gonna sell in year or 2

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Ya they haven't come off the price but most think eventually they will give in a take a Soto plus 3/4 others. They are having serious talks right now with Washington so something has to be going on beside Robles.

Key is they are only talking to Nats right now and talks are pretty serious
          Marlins have plenty of relievers to trade them who are good and play now, so it makes sense

Comment

• I wouldn’t mind keeping Realmuto as the semi-experienced guy to build around.

I feel like he might have more value to the team than he does in a trade. Realistically, there’s nothing behind him at C. He’s a solid player, but, at the same time, I’m not sure if he’s a guy who is going to bring back elite prospects. Nats are already saying no on Robles (and even Soto apparently).

Teams aren’t going to give up a huge haul for a solid C considering the wear and tear catchers take.

It might be good to build around JT who is just turning 27, especially considering his position because we’ll have a young staff for the foreseeable future. Not a bad idea to have a respectable catcher in his prime to help the young pitchers develop imo.

We should really trade Starlin Castro and his remaining salary though.

Comment

• Yea sure sign him for 5 years if he'll take it.

It financially makes sense for him, but does he want to lose minimum 270 games next 3 years?

Comment

Marlins have plenty of relievers to trade them who are good and play now, so it makes sense
                Agreed I would do JT and a RP(we send cash) for Soto and 3/4 others. Thing is will Miami come off Robles? They are sticking to guns right now but if talks are serious it most mean Washington is trying other offers.

Comment

Yea sure sign him for 5 years if he'll take it.

It financially makes sense for him, but does he want to lose minimum 270 games next 3 years?
                  People say this, but nobody really knows if this team will still be losing 90+ games in 2020. We just traded Christian Yelich to the Brewers. This time last year, the Brewers looked like they were involved in a long rebuild, projected to lose about 100 games. They were one of the surprises last year, and their rebuild went on the fast track.

I fully expect the team to suck next year because it's too soon, but the rebuild could look much better than expected by 2019 depending on how fast these young guys develop. It could also be a complete bust, but the point is no one really knows.

Comment

Ya u didn't know this? Jeff paid him like nothing when he owned the team but tons of cash for new owner. This was why everyone was bitching about him not getting surgery
                    I didn't realize we'd be paying him in 2021 and 2022 (2021 was possible with the option, but didn't know about 22).

Comment

• Well buddy got back to me and seems the "talks" are about alot of things.

Washington will discuss Robles but would want Miami to take back Wieters too
                      Washington asking what else does Miami like beside Robles
                      Washington seeing if we will trade arms in deal as well

Like Mish said looks like Miami prefers JT for Robles straight up

He says they aren't close right now however the talks are very serious and Washington is only team in on JT

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        People say this, but nobody really knows if this team will still be losing 90+ games in 2020. We just traded Christian Yelich to the Brewers. This time last year, the Brewers looked like they were involved in a long rebuild, projected to lose about 100 games. They were one of the surprises last year, and their rebuild went on the fast track.

I fully expect the team to suck next year because it's too soon, but the rebuild could look much better than expected by 2019 depending on how fast these young guys develop. It could also be a complete bust, but the point is no one really knows.
                        That's assuming 90+ losses in 18-19. I'm sure there will be improvements. I think giving them a 90 average is pretty fair.

Comment

• Robles/Waiters for Realmuto/Ziegler.

Makes sense to me.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Well buddy got back to me and seems the "talks" are about alot of things.

He says they aren't close right now however the talks are very serious and Washington is only team in on JT
                            Taking Wieters back ($10.5) is a dream scenario to get a top 5 prospect in baseball for Realmuto. That is a net gain of $7 million in salary for the Marlins, ignoring Wieters is probably an easy July trade and would be great for the staff for a bit.

More so, Ziegler makes $9 so send his ass over and you're actually down $2 million.

Robles, Wieters($10.5), one of their 3 C+ catchers, and let's say 1-2 spare part C+ RP arms outside their top 15 prospects eta 2020+

Realmuto($3.5), Ziegler ($9), Barraclough

I do that in a heartbeat.

Comment

Taking Wieters back ($10.5) is a dream scenario to get a top 5 prospect in baseball for Realmuto. That is a net gain of $7 million in salary for the Marlins, ignoring Wieters is probably an easy July trade and would be great for the staff for a bit.

More so, Ziegler makes $9 so send his ass over and you're actually down $2 million.

Robles, Wieters($10.5), one of their 3 C+ catchers, and let's say 1-2 spare part C+ RP arms outside their top 15 prospects eta 2020+

Realmuto($3.5), Ziegler ($9), Barraclough

I do that in a heartbeat.
                              Of course you would because it is a phenomenal deal which means no chance Marlins actually make a move that good.

Comment

Well buddy got back to me and seems the "talks" are about alot of things.

No surprise but looks like Miami is interested in this. Thats the word coming out now

Comment

Working...
                                X