No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are 3 teams in on JT however we are really only talking to Washington right now and are giving it our full attention right now. So yes JT is on the market and Washington is likely

We want Victor Robles however the Washington offer is Soto,Michael Taylor,Kieboom and Severino. We have been sticking to our guns since the Meetings however don't be surprised to see us go for a deal led by Soto. There is some talk that if Washington mentions Wilmer Difo instead of Taylor and adds more we would seriously consider it.

Before people say Soto sucks,alot of MLB guys think if he stays healthy this year he could be a Top 5 prospect.

- - - - - - - - - -

They are still hoping to trade Straily but no market has taken shape yet(due to all the FA still out there). Prado looks to be staying till atleast the deadline and will play 3B,2B,LF.

The others(Taz,Ziegler,Bearclaw,Bour,Castro,DD) are all on the block but they don't expect any movement on them till the deadline

Comment

• Honesstly I would have done that yesterday. Taylor was a 3.1 war player this past season plus Doto and Kaboom. Great deal that would be.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        There are 3 teams in on JT however we are really only talking to Washington right now and are giving it our full attention right now. So yes JT is on the market and Washington is likely

We want Victor Robles however the Washington offer is Soto,Michael Taylor,Kieboom and Severino. We have been sticking to our guns since the Meetings however don't be surprised to see us go for a deal led by Soto. There is some talk that if Washington mentions Wilmer Difo instead of Taylor and adds more we would seriously consider it.

Before people say Soto sucks,alot of MLB guys think if he stays healthy this year he could be a Top 5 prospect.

- - - - - - - - - -

They are still hoping to trade Straily but no market has taken shape yet(due to all the FA still out there). Prado looks to be staying till atleast the deadline and will play 3B,2B,LF.

The others(Taz,Ziegler,Bearclaw,Bour,Castro,DD) are all on the block but they don't expect any movement on them till the deadline
        I don't know about you but I really like that potential deal. Severino is the clear weak link in that trade but they obviously need a catcher back.

Obviously a competing team holds onto Realmuto, but at this point it's scorched earth time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Has anyone said Soto sucks? I think Soto is an absolute stud. He's not Robles, but he's not significantly beneath his potential. Only problem would be that we would seemingly have an overflow of OF prospects, but those things would either work itself out or if they all work out you have trade chips down the line.

Michael Taylor does nothing for me though. I would not want him unless he is a throw in to the deal because the Nats would then have an OF overflow or something along those lines.

I agree with Tjfla though. I definitely see us getting Soto in the deal. Robles would be awesome but i just cant see the Nats dealing him. Maybe if he was another year away, but he's ML ready now.

- - - - - - - - - -

Has anyone said Soto sucks? I think Soto is an absolute stud. He's not Robles, but he's not significantly beneath his potential. Only problem would be that we would seemingly have an overflow of OF prospects, but those things would either work itself out or if they all work out you have trade chips down the line.

Michael Taylor does nothing for me though. I would not want him unless he is a throw in to the deal because the Nats would then have an OF overflow or something along those lines.

I agree with Tjfla though. I definitely see us getting Soto in the deal. Robles would be awesome but i just cant see the Nats dealing him. Maybe if he was another year away, but he's ML ready now.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Severino doesnt move the needle for me, and if the Nats would eat, say, half of Wieters salary, id be cool with rolling the dice on him and maybe getting lucky and being able to trade his expiring contract at the deadline, if doing so would increase our other prospect return in the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Honesstly I would have done that yesterday. Taylor was a 3.1 war player this past season plus Doto and Kaboom. Great deal that would be.
            Yeah Kieboom has huge potential at a position really tough to find good players at. He'd be the player I think could yield the highest reward down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
              I don't know about you but I really like that potential deal. Severino is the clear weak link in that trade but they obviously need a catcher back.

Obviously a competing team holds onto Realmuto, but at this point it's scorched earth time.

Ya Severino is only in the deal because we need a C back. He is a very MINOR piece

Comment

There are 3 teams in on JT however we are really only talking to Washington right now and are giving it our full attention right now. So yes JT is on the market and Washington is likely

- - - - - - - - - -

Makes sense to wait on Tazawa, Ziegler, Bearclaw, Bour, and DD, but I hope they deal Castro in the offseason and let Prado play every day at 2b, Anderson every day at 3b, and Dietrich in LF. Would maximize the potential return for Dietrich and would let prado regain some of the value he's lost due to the injuries last year.

But on the other hand, Lou said that we would gain an extra year of team control for Anderson by keeping him in the minors for a month and a half, and maybe you offset that log jam of Dietrich, Castro, and Prado of 3 guys at 2 positions by letting Prado play at 3b everyday for a month, getting the extra year of team control for Anderson, and then figuring out the logjam after that.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                Yeah Kieboom has huge potential at a position really tough to find good players at. He'd be the player I think could yield the highest reward down the line.

any idea why he seems to have less value than he did at one point? He hit really fucking well last year at a reasonable age for the Sally league but the prospect lists dont seem to be as high on him as they were last year. Not that that means everything.

Comment

• Who knows what this FO is thinking OR if that is even the deal anymore but wouldn't be surprising to see a deal like this

Wash-JT
                  Miami-Juan Soto,Carter Kieboom,Wilmer Difo,Pedro Severino or Raudy Read(C) and mid level prospect

Just know they are in serious talks with Washington

Comment

• How about send them Monte or Sierra with JT for Robles and low level minor league pitching

Give them a young outfielder, get the stud

Comment

• Reading up more on Soto, he's gonna be an absolute animal. He has Vlad Jr. type strike zone discipline too. He'll be 19 for ALL of next year as he doesnt turn 20 until october, and in 301 career minor league AB's his K/BB ratio is 38/29. That is insane. Supposedly he has batting champ potential too. I'd be ecstatic to get him.

Him, Kieboom, whichever catcher they want to take a flier on, and a pitcher with a high ceiling. Im starting to think Soto is not far behind Robles potential wise.

Comment

• Soto as the headliner would make that return worse than the one we just got for Yelich, probably somewhat significantly worse. If that’s the case, I’d rather keep JT. Also, Soto is another OF and a far inferior defensive player to the other OF added. I realize you just want to add as many high end prospects as you can and sort out the positions later, but if you decide to move these guys later there is no guarantee you can move them for equal value. Now, if we’re talking about Robles, you throw that out the window because of how good he is. With Soto, it’s not quite the same.

None of this may matter, though, because the Washington Post says they have said 4 players are off limits, and Robles and Soto are two of them.

https://washingtonpost.com/news/nati...a-move-at-all/

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Makes sense to wait on Tazawa, Ziegler, Bearclaw, Bour, and DD, but I hope they deal Castro in the offseason and let Prado play every day at 2b, Anderson every day at 3b, and Dietrich in LF. Would maximize the potential return for Dietrich and would let prado regain some of the value he's lost due to the injuries last year.

But on the other hand, Lou said that we would gain an extra year of team control for Anderson by keeping him in the minors for a month and a half, and maybe you offset that log jam of Dietrich, Castro, and Prado of 3 guys at 2 positions by letting Prado play at 3b everyday for a month, getting the extra year of team control for Anderson, and then figuring out the logjam after that.

- - - - - - - - - -

any idea why he seems to have less value than he did at one point? He hit really fucking well last year at a reasonable age for the Sally league but the prospect lists dont seem to be as high on him as they were last year. Not that that means everything.
                          Ya much like Isan Diaz he was hurt LY. Kieboom will likely move to 3B as he gets older too

They would love to trade Castro but no one really needs a 2B right now. They want a mid level pitching prospect and low level guy in return. The hope is a WS club loses a 2B/SS and wants him in July

Comment

Ya much like Isan Diaz he was hurt LY. Kieboom will likely move to 3B as he gets older too

They would love to trade Castro but no one really needs a 2B right now. They want a mid level pitching prospect and low level guy in return. The hope is a WS club loses a 2B/SS and wants him in July
                            If Kieboom cant stay at SS that would make me pause a little bit though. I think a lot of his value is tied to being a good hitting SS as those are hard to find.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                            Soto as the headliner would make that return worse than the one we just got for Yelich, probably somewhat significantly worse. If that’s the case, I’d rather keep JT. Also, Soto is another OF and a far inferior defensive player to the other OF added. I realize you just want to add as many high end prospects as you can and sort out the positions later, but if you decide to move these guys later there is no guarantee you can move them for equal value. Now, if we’re talking about Robles, you throw that out the window because of how good he is. With Soto, it’s not quite the same.

None of this may matter, though, because the Washington Post says they have said 4 players are off limits, and Robles and Soto are two of them.

https://washingtonpost.com/news/nati...a-move-at-all/
                            Well first, I'd expect the JT haul to be worse than Yelich. He has the positional value on Yelich, but he has 2 less years of team control and he's not nearly the level hitter that Yelich is. Soto is an unbelievable hitter though so im cool if he's not tremendous defensively, especially given the other OF's we've acquired thus far in the offseason. Obviously you go after Robles first, though.

Comment

• Yep I like my idea.

Give them Realmuto, Monte Harrison, Ziegler (and pay for a chunk of him), and hell Dietrich or Bour, and aim for Robles and lower minor league pitching they won't care about trading based on the haul.

Get them the play now guys with years of control and a good OF prospect, and get the super prospect in pitching ETA 2020/2021. Works for everyone. Maxes them out in Harper's walk year.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Yep I like my idea.

Give them Realmuto, Monte Harrison, Ziegler (and pay for a chunk of him), and hell Dietrich or Bour, and aim for Robles and lower minor league pitching they won't care about trading based on the haul.

Get them the play now guys with years of control and a good OF prospect, and get the super prospect in pitching ETA 2020/2021. Works for everyone. Maxes them out in Harper's walk year.
                                I like that idea. would love it if its sierra rather than Harrison. Future OF of Harrison, Robles, and Brinson? Love that.

Comment

Working...
                                X