Jumbo Diaz
    Javy Guerra
    Tyler Cloyd

So our OF will look like this
    LF-DD/Cooper/Van Slyke/Lee
    CF-Lee/Van Slyke
    RF-Van Slyke/Cooper/Lee

Sierra can either start in CF or minors for few months and save a FA year

Guerra and Jumbo Diaz give us 2 more RP depth in AAA ready to come up when guys are dealt
    Last edited by tjfla; 01-13-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Signed
      Scott Van Slyke
      Jumbo Diaz
      Javy Guerra
      Tyler Cloyd

So our OF will look like this
      LF-DD/Cooper/Van Slyke/Lee
      CF-Lee/Van Slyke
      RF-Van Slyke/Cooper/Lee

Sierra can either start in CF or minors for few months and save a FA year

Guerra and Jumbo Diaz give us 2 more RP depth in AAA ready to come up when guys are dealt
      I can't imagine that Van Slyke will start for even this team. At the end of free agency, there will be better options looking for jobs that will sign cheap.

Comment

• Van Slyke will be a 4th OF. Also, i keep seeing Braxton Lee mentioned as a starter this year. I dont think he is all that close to being ready. He needs time in AAA to start the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          I can't imagine that Van Slyke will start for even this team. At the end of free agency, there will be better options looking for jobs that will sign cheap.
          Neither can I. Just saying what it looks like right now

Could see us trying for Jon Jay or get Markakis for RF. Van Slyke and Cooper will be backup corner OF/1B and RHB options for DD/Bour/RF(Markakis?)

Reason why I kept mentioning Prado and Markakis-helps both teams out

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          Van Slyke will be a 4th OF. Also, i keep seeing Braxton Lee mentioned as a starter this year. I dont think he is all that close to being ready. He needs time in AAA to start the year.
          Well Braxton Lee should take over Ichiro's role as 4th OF. No power but can hit and play all 3 OF spots.

They got options and since the team should suck in 2018 why not just play him in CF and see? If he sucks after 2 months u call up Sierra and send him down
          Last edited by tjfla; 01-13-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Because i think that's poor asset management. I think he can be a solid major leaguer and a contributor eventually, just not yet. Dont just throw him to the wolves when he's not ready for the hell of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Because i think that's poor asset management. I think he can be a solid major leaguer and a contributor eventually, just not yet. Dont just throw him to the wolves when he's not ready for the hell of it.
              Just saying think they will give him a chance and likely keep him over Sierra if those are the options. He had a solid AFL too

Comment

Just saying think they will give him a chance and likely keep him over Sierra if those are the options. He had a solid AFL too
                Agreed on him over Sierra. Sierra definitely needs like 3 months in New Orleans.

Comment

Could see us trying for Jon Jay or get Markakis for RF. Van Slyke and Cooper will be backup corner OF/1B and RHB options for DD/Bour/RF(Markakis?)

That makes more sense. Given how slow the FA market is, there will likely be some quality guys left looking for work as spring training gets closer. One thing we can offer is Major League ABs...especially in the OF if Yelich gets dealt.

Given his history with Mattingly, I could see Van Slyke as a 4th or 5th OF, but under no circumstances should he be starting...even for a team not really trying to win.
                  Last edited by fauowls44; 01-13-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    That makes more sense. Given how slow the FA market is, there will likely be some quality guys left looking for work as spring training gets closer. One thing we can offer is Major League ABs...especially in the OF if Yelich gets dealt.

Given his history with Mattingly, I could see Van Slyke as a 4th or 5th OF, but under no circumstances should he be starting...even for a team not trying to win.
                    Ya he will make the team as 4th/5th OF but right now he is Starting RF until we get others. No point in rushing Sierra. Wait 3 months-get him AB's in Nola and delay his FA and Braxton Lee is a ML CF Defensive wise already

Comment

Ya he will make the team as 4th/5th OF but right now he is Starting RF until we get others. No point in rushing Sierra. Wait 3 months-get him AB's in Nola and delay his FA and Braxton Lee is a ML CF Defensive wise already
                      I think Cooper is starting RF right now. As of now i see the team like this:

C- JT
                      1b- Bour
                      2b- Castro
                      SS- Riddle/Rojas
                      3b- Anderson
                      LF- Dietrich
                      CF- Yelich
                      RF- Cooper

With prado as a super utility guy.

Comment

I'm looking at the FA list and I think we could probably get a guy like Austin Jackson or Michael Saunders cheap on a 1 year deal. Hell, I'd even take a flier on Cameron Maybin to fill an OF spot given what our depth chart looks like right now (if Yelich is dealt).

Comment

• Dont know if this is the entire deal, but Houston reportedly just got Garrett Cole for super cheap. Moran and Musgrove and apparently that's it. Gotta be more to that deal I would think

- - - - - - - - - -

We give up Moran and Francis Martes for Cosart. Houston then turns Moran into Gerrit Cole and Martes is a top prospect. Unreal.

Comment

• Wish we had guys like Brad Hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              Dont know if this is the entire deal, but Houston reportedly just got Garrett Cole for super cheap. Moran and Musgrove and apparently that's it. Gotta be more to that deal I would think

- - - - - - - - - -

We give up Moran and Francis Martes for Cosart. Houston then turns Moran into Gerrit Cole and Martes is a top prospect. Unreal.
                              Its for Moran(Pitt 3B),Joe Musgrove(Replaces Cole),RP Michael Feliz and OF Jason Martin

Wouldnt say Houston robbed them but they didn't give up a ton that they were using. Pitt gets 4 guys under 25-3 of whom are major leaguers/cheap and Martin has talent. This is how small market teams stay in it. They trade a player they can't afford and get 3 ML players who they can afford.

Means still have Tucker/Alvarez,Martes,Nova for JT!!!

Hey don't forget we gave up a "pick" that turned into Daz Cameron who was used for Verlander AND Marisnick too who isnt that bad
                              Last edited by tjfla; 01-13-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

Well Braxton Lee should take over Ichiro's role as 4th OF. No power but can hit and play all 3 OF spots.

They got options and since the team should suck in 2018 why not just play him in CF and see? If he sucks after 2 months u call up Sierra and send him down
                                Jon Jay would be an interesting signing. I doubt Miami spends even the money it would cost on him, but he's a local guy that also played at UM, and would be a solid stopgap during the rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X