No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe i guess im just not as high on Gohara as actual scouts then. I think he's a really solid prospect, but he should not be the best prospect coming back in a Yelich deal unless youre getting 5-6 really good prospects total.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      id be fine with that. And id be cool with Wright and Gohara for the Braves as the start of a package.

- - - - - - - - - -

I doubt he's said we should be getting Acuna, Albies, and 4 SP in any post hes made here.
      Thank you, I haven't. I just said the Marlins should be asking for them knowing they most likely won't let those guys go however if you ask and they say no they shouldn't be restricting the minor league pitchers so much. Just saying ok and going along with them saying so many young players are off limits is ridiculous. They should ask for them moon and haggle down from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
        Thank you, I haven't. I just said the Marlins should be asking for them knowing they most likely won't let those guys go however if you ask and they say no they shouldn't be restricting the minor league pitchers so much. Just saying ok and going along with them saying so many young players are off limits is ridiculous. They should ask for them moon and haggle down from there.
        If we cant get one of Acuna or Albies, we should be getting 3 of those top guys back. Say Gohara, Wentz, and Anderson + a guy like Pache. Especially given how many teams are interested in Yelich.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
          So u didn't say that BUT u did say the Marlins should be asking for them?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            you said he asked for Albies, Acuna, and 4 SP. He never asked for that. Asking for them individually in a deal for someone with as much value as Yelich is not a huge ask. Obviously asking for them + 4 SP is, but at no point did he do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              If we cant get one of Acuna or Albies, we should be getting 3 of those top guys back. Say Gohara, Wentz, and Anderson + a guy like Pache. Especially given how many teams are interested in Yelich.
              Either that or Gohara,Wentz, and(A catcher and a mid level arm) +a guy like Pache?

Comment

What if Miami sees Gohara instead of Wright in that lead group?
                Ok. However according to you Wright isn't even an option. They should be able to ask for both.

Comment

Either that or Gohara,Wentz, and(A catcher and a mid level arm) +a guy like Pache?
                  might be enough, but id still insist on 3 of their top SP prospects and then a guy like Jackson (or whatever catcher they like) and Pache for Yelich and Prado.

Comment

I did say they should ask but not expect them and that they shouldn't settle for just their third best position prospect. I in no way said it was one of them or no deal or even multiple of them just that there should be other options and that more then Pache or Jackson shouldn't be off limits.

Comment

• I dont know why we are even talking about this. We will probably trade him to the Cubs for Almora and Ian Happ

- - - - - - - - - -

By way here are the Finalists for our new play by play guy

Craig Mish‏Verified account @CraigMish · 19h19 hours ago

The finalists I confirmed are :
                      Scott Braun @scottbraun
                      Paul Severino @SeverinoMLB
                      Jeff Levering @JLevering4
                      Jose Mota @JoseMota05

Comment

• Happ and Almora as the start of a trade doesn’t seem bad to me honestly...but I’m no expert...Look I completely understand your argument. However, I wouldn’t just settle for whoever the Braves will agree they are willing to part with. They are getting what is likely the best player in the deal and he’s signed to a great long term deal. If they want him it’ll have to hurt a bit. I don’t care if they consider Acuna or Albies untouchable...the Marlins stance has to be that we either get what we want or we keep him. Yelich will be just as valuable at the deadline or next winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                          Happ and Almora as the start of a trade doesn’t seem bad to me honestly...but I’m no expert...Look I completely understand your argument. However, I wouldn’t just settle for whoever the Braves will agree they are willing to part with. They are getting what is likely the best player in the deal and he’s signed to a great long term deal. If they want him it’ll have to hurt a bit. I don’t care if they consider Acuna or Albies untouchable...the Marlins stance has to be that we either get what we want or we keep him. Yelich will be just as valuable at the deadline or next winter.
                          bingo.

Comment

I dont know why we are even talking about this. We will probably trade him to the Cubs for Almora and Ian Happ

- - - - - - - - - -

By way here are the Finalists for our new play by play guy

Craig Mish‏Verified account @CraigMish · 19h19 hours ago

The finalists I confirmed are :
                            Scott Braun @scottbraun
                            Paul Severino @SeverinoMLB
                            Jeff Levering @JLevering4
                            Jose Mota @JoseMota05
                            I've liked Scott Braun when I've heard him on MLB Network Radio.

Comment

• Ive never heard of any of those guys. They said Jesse Agler was another one of the finalists and i would have liked him. He decided to stay in San Diego though.

Comment

• I like Scott Braun a lot. Hoping that it's him.
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X