Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Ya, i dont particularly have any interest in Grichuk or Piscotty. Let our scouts do the work and tell us the OF in their system they like the most that has no service time thus far. Whether its bader, O'Neill, etc. I want every player acquired to have 6 years of team control left.

And now that Stanton and Dee are gone, i'd like to see us start paying off some of these contracts we give up in order to achieve better prospects. guys like Tazawa and Ziegler and even prado dont have significant enough money where we should be concerned with the other team paying off some of it. We should volunteer to pay off some of their remaining salary in order to achieve better returns, especially on guys like Tazawa and Ziegler who only have one year left anyways.
    Well u are gonna get 1 of Piscotty,Grichuk or Martinez AND a minor league OF no matter what. Just saying if we take Martinez(who we like) u can probably ask for a Bader/O'Neill. If u take Piscotty u are probably looking at Randy Arozarena/Oscar Mercado/Plummer. Not bad prospects just not ML ready or anything BUT u could like trade Piscotty to Oakland for more pitching like Grant Holmes/Luzardo so. Just depends on what they wanna do??

A reasonable deal is Ozuna,Ziegler,cash to St Louis trade is 2 pitchers of the 3,1 ML OF and 2 other prospects
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-10-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Well u are gonna get 1 of Piscotty,Grichuk or Martinez AND a minor league OF no matter what. Just saying if we take Martinez(who we like) u can probably ask for a Bader/O'Neill. If u take Piscotty u are probably looking at Randy Arozarena/Oscar Mercado/Plummer. Not bad prospects just not ML ready or anything BUT u could like trade Piscotty to Oakland for more pitching like Grant Holmes/Luzardo so. Just depends on what they wanna do??

A reasonable Ozuna,Ziegler,cash to St Louis trade is 2 pitchers of the 3,1 ML OF and 2 other prospects
      Well if we would be getting one of those ML OF's AND a prospect OF im fine with it. Especially if we flip a guy like Piscotty to another team.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Miami loves what St Louis has(Prefer pitching) and they already have had discussions with Stanton deal so they know St Louis will deal what they want. Of course Toronto would get discussion if they mentionedVlad Jr but right now Miami seems to want to do a deal with St Louis
        I get wanting pitching, but I also think you need to get the best prospects you can. If Guerrero is in play, I think that needs to be the direction you go. He’s an elite prospect. One of the best in baseball, if not the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          I get wanting pitching, but I also think you need to get the best prospects you can. If Guerrero is in play, I think that needs to be the direction you go. He’s an elite prospect. One of the best in baseball, if not the best.
          he wont be in play in all likelihood i would assume. more likely is bichette, and idk if they would even deal him. they have a good chance of rebuilding this offseason too.

Comment

• An interesting Cardinals prospect they should be interested in is Jose Garcia.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
              An interesting Cardinals prospect they should be interested in is Jose Garcia.
              They are he is one of the ML Ready OF. Just so many hard to name all 5 everytime. Bader/Garcia/Sierra/O'Neill all ML Ready types

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
              #1 Vlad Jr no one knows is in play. More likely Bo Bichette and #2 They love what St Louis has and know they will deal it

Shit they love so much what St Louis has they even listened on Yelich with them(NOT CLOSE but listened)

Business will pick up tonight/tommorrow when guys just walk across the hall to talk. Mike Hill is on Ozuna and Denbo is on Starlin Castro/others
              Last edited by tjfla; 12-10-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• One guy I would like to see them pick up if they deal with the Cardinals is Johan Oviedo a 19 yo who I think I read is originally from Cuba. Also saw that Jim Callis say that Devers won't even be on our top 30 prospect list.

- - - - - - - - - -

Weren't the Marlins interested in Knizner from the Cardinals at one point as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                  One guy I would like to see them pick up if they deal with the Cardinals is Johan Oviedo a 19 yo who I think I read is originally from Cuba. Also saw that Jim Callis say that Devers won't even be on our top 30 prospect list.

- - - - - - - - - -

Weren't the Marlins interested in Knizner from the Cardinals at one point as well?
                  I can almost guarantee you devers will be in our top 30

Comment

• Luke Gregerson ti cardinals probably means no Ziegler for them.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      Luke Gregerson ti cardinals probably means no Ziegler for them.
                      Not necessarily...what if they want to form a super bullpen??

Anyway, they can probably use more than 1 reliever, especially if Ziegler is coming cheap. And even if not, then at least there should be a decent market for Ziegler. If Gregerson is getting a 2 year deal for $11 million and an option, then Ziegler on a 1 year deal (and us sending a bit of cash) should have a number of interested teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Not necessarily...what if they want to form a super bullpen??

Anyway, they can probably use more than 1 reliever, especially if Ziegler is coming cheap. And even if not, then at least there should be a decent market for Ziegler. If Gregerson is getting a 2 year deal for $11 million and an option, then Ziegler on a 1 year deal (and us sending a bit of cash) should have a number of interested teams.
                        Ya its not like St Louis is only team that can use a RP/Closer for 4/5 million. At 9 million no thanks but we throw cash in any team would be interested

Comment

• What are the chances we have a complete FIRE SALE and don’t get a BA Top 20 prospect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            What are the chances we have a complete FIRE SALE and don’t get a BA Top 20 prospect?
                            if we dont trade Yelich id say that is likely to happen. the key parts of this fire sale will come from Ozuna and i dont think he gets a top 20 guy. Most rebuilding teams dont start year 1 with much in the way of an incredible farm system. The point of the rebuild is to get it there in a few years and then to watch them develop together when they are all cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              The point of the rebuild is to get it there in a few years and then to watch them develop together when they are all cheap.

So the timeline to break the 14 year no playoff torture chamber is 2022 give or take? My nipples are getting hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                So the timeline to break the 14 year no playoff torture chamber is 2022 give or take? My nipples are getting hard.
                                I’d say 2020 at the earliest and then maybe 2021. We weren’t making the playoffs these next few years not blowing it up anyway, and biting the bullet and doing the rebuild correctly will put us in a place where we can contend for a playoff spot for years to come

Comment

Working...
                                X