X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case u need "sources"

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
    @BNightengale

The Miami #Marlins say they're not desperate to move Starlin Castro and the remaining $22 million of his contract, believing they can wait for the right offer. They are listening on trade proposals for Marcell Ozuna, who the #STLCards badly desire.

Both of these guys are likely gone by Wed

- - - - - - - - - -

Also hearing Yelich is getting ALOT of calls but they are gonna wait till after Ozuna. So pretty much just listening on him at this point. Straily is getting bites but teams are waiting to see if they get a big name FA first. Just remember Chatwood got 3/38

Prado note also. Dont be surprised if he is 2018 Starting 2B. They are trying to move him but if they can't he will play 2B and try to up his value some

- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone is going to the Winter Meetings. Park at Disney's Boardwalk and walk around to the Swan and Dolphin. Seems the players,agents,execs,tv guys are staying at the Yacht and Beach club and security is tight there

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      In case u need "sources"

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
      @BNightengale

The Miami #Marlins say they're not desperate to move Starlin Castro and the remaining $22 million of his contract, believing they can wait for the right offer. They are listening on trade proposals for Marcell Ozuna, who the #STLCards badly desire.

Both of these guys are likely gone by Wed

- - - - - - - - - -

Also hearing Yelich is getting ALOT of calls but they are gonna wait till after Ozuna. So pretty much just listening on him at this point. Straily is getting bites but teams are waiting to see if they get a big name FA first. Just remember Chatwood got 3/38

Prado note also. Dont be surprised if he is 2018 Starting 2B. They are trying to move him but if they can't he will play 2B and try to up his value some

- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone is going to the Winter Meetings. Park at Disney's Boardwalk and walk around to the Swan and Dolphin. Seems the players,agents,execs,tv guys are staying at the Yacht and Beach club and security is tight there
      The more i think about it the more i think prado and bour will be on the team to start the year and then traded at the deadline (in Bour's case) or next offseason when he has just one year left in Prado's case. Bour's value isnt at high due to the amount of 1b/DH types available but if he stays healthy and plays everyday a team would really be able to use him at the deadline.

Straily is a guy we should wait until after most of free agency is done to trade when teams get desperate after missing out on someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        The more i think about it the more i think prado and bour will be on the team to start the year and then traded at the deadline (in Bour's case) or next offseason when he has just one year left in Prado's case. Bour's value isnt at high due to the amount of 1b/DH types available but if he stays healthy and plays everyday a team would really be able to use him at the deadline.

Straily is a guy we should wait until after most of free agency is done to trade when teams get desperate after missing out on someone.
        Ya Bour will be around as long as they dont get a LHB. If we got Shaw he would have been on the block

Prado they just can't trade-they have tried for weeks. The positive thing is he can play 3B,2B,LF. Anderson is 3B and DD is LF right now

Thats the Straily plan. Wait till big names sign and then figure it out. Minnesota/Milwaukee aren't paying a 28 yr old Tyler Chatwood 3/40 but will take a 29 yr old Straily at 7 million. They aren't in a rush to get rid of him,they just rather have a 23 yr old than a Straily. This is same with Bearclaw-they love him but he will be 28 and if they can get nice value they would rather have that. Wittgren,Ellington can close
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-10-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Ya Bour will be around as long as they dont get a LHB. If we got Shaw he would have been on the block

Prado they just can't trade-they have tried for weeks. The positive thing is he can play 3B,2B,LF. Anderson is 3B and DD is LF right now

Thats the Straily plan. Wait till big names sign and then figure it out. Minnesota/Milwaukee aren't paying a 28 yr old Tyler Chatwood 3/40 but will take a 29 yr old Straily at 7 million. They aren't in a rush to get rid of him,they just rather have a 23 yr old than a Straily. This is same with Bearclaw-they love him but he will be 28 and if they can get nice value they would rather have that. Wittgren,Ellington can close
          Ellington can barely pitch let alone close, but ya, i agree. Bearclaw should be on the block 100%.

Comment

Obviously it'll depend on what they get back in the Ozuna/other trades, but I would assume Cooper gets a shot to start somewhere...probably RF unless Bour is traded.

Comment

• Not that it really matters much, but Steckenrider is probably better than Wittgren and Ellington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Not that it really matters much, but Steckenrider is probably better than Wittgren and Ellington.
                Very true just saying they will give Wittgren/Ellington chance before they move to him. Wittgren was actually great as a closer in minors. Steckenrider can go multiple innings

- - - - - - - - - -

Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals and Marlins have discussed Marcell Ozuna in trade talks.

This is gonna be fast moving

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Not that it really matters much, but Steckenrider is probably better than Wittgren and Ellington.
                  i thought steckenrider was really fucking good for us and showed a ton of potential this past year. i said a few times i could see him being our closer this year. Ellington is awful though.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    Obviously it'll depend on what they get back in the Ozuna/other trades, but I would assume Cooper gets a shot to start somewhere...probably RF unless Bour is traded.
                    Right now Cooper is the RH backup to Bour at 1B and DD at LF. They are hoping to get a RF from St Louis

- - - - - - - - - -

Ozuna discussion seems to be 2 of these pitchers(Flaherty,Alcantara,Hudson),1 OF(Jose Martinez,Piscotty,Bader,Sierra) and other stuff based on what OF we take. IF we take Piscotty don't be surprised if we ship him to Oakland(Grant Holmes,Jesus Luzardo?)

Comment

• What ever happened to the Blue Jays for Ozuna? I want Guerrero.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        What ever happened to the Blue Jays for Ozuna? I want Guerrero.
                        Miami loves what St Louis has(Prefer pitching) and they already have had discussions with Stanton deal so they know St Louis will deal what they want. Of course Toronto would get discussion if they mentionedVlad Jr but right now Miami seems to want to do a deal with St Louis

Comment

• Flaherty/Alcantra/Bader for Ozuna would work. I also would like Austin Gomber (FAU product).

Comment

Right now Cooper is the RH backup to Bour at 1B and DD at LF. They are hoping to get a RF from St Louis

- - - - - - - - - -

Ozuna discussion seems to be 2 of these pitchers(Flaherty,Alcantara,Hudson),1 OF(Jose Martinez,Piscotty,Bader,Sierra) and other stuff based on what OF we take. IF we take Piscotty don't be surprised if we ship him to Oakland(Grant Holmes,Jesus Luzardo?)
                            Piscotty has a good contract for 5 years. I think you'd keep him. Ages 27-31. I think he is more 15-16 than 17 production. If they can get him, Flaherty (he's the must to me among the names given), Hudson/Alcantara, and "other stuff," that seems pretty solid to me. Especially if they absorb Ziegler

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Piscotty has a good contract for 5 years. I think you'd keep him. Ages 27-31. I think he is more 15-16 than 17 production. If they can get him, Flaherty (he's the must to me among the names given), Hudson/Alcantara, and "other stuff," that seems pretty solid to me. Especially if they absorb Ziegler
                              I don't think they go for Piscotty,saying if they do its likely they trade him for more pitching and get a close to ready ML OF too. I think they go Flaherty,Alcantara,Jose Martinez(29 yrs old) but cheap and can play RF/1B and 2/3 more prospects(1 ML ready OF). Piscotty/Grichuk are better but probably have to take less other prospects. If u take Martinez u could probably ask for closer to ready OF and arm(Gallen,Gomber,Helsley,Junior Fernandez) while Piscotty/Grichuk probably not

Reason I say Martinez is gives them another cheap option for 1B/corner OF and likely could get them a better prospects. Remember the next 2 years are whatever. They really want "depth" in the system

Not sure they "absorb" Ziegler but we are willing to pay some of his contract if St Louis wants him and will throw in another prospect

The thing about St Louis is they are willing to trade almost anyone but like 4 guys/have a great system and don't forget we use the same facility so we see most of these guys year round. We might think some kid is OK but scouts,coaches,FO have seen the kid all year-much like the Devers kid yesterday. We think he is soso but Denbo signed/scouted the kid so he probably loves him
                              Last edited by tjfla; 12-10-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I don't think they go for Piscotty,saying if they do its likely they trade him for more pitching and get a close to ready ML OF too. I think they go Flaherty,Alcantara,Jose Martinez(29 yrs old) but cheap and can play RF/1B and 2/3 more prospects(1 ML ready OF). Piscotty/Grichuk are better but probably have to take less other prospects. If u take Martinez u could probably ask for closer to ready OF and arm(Gallen,Gomber,Helsley,Junior Fernandez) while Piscotty/Grichuk probably not

Reason I say Martinez is gives them another cheap option for 1B/corner OF and likely could get them a better prospects. Remember the next 2 years are whatever. They really want "depth" in the system

Not sure they "absorb" Ziegler but we are willing to pay some of his contract if St Louis wants him and will throw in another prospect
                                Ya, i dont particularly have any interest in Grichuk or Piscotty. Let our scouts do the work and tell us the OF in their system they like the most that has no service time thus far. Whether its bader, O'Neill, etc. I want every player acquired to have 6 years of team control left.

And now that Stanton and Dee are gone, i'd like to see us start paying off some of these contracts we give up in order to achieve better prospects. guys like Tazawa and Ziegler and even prado dont have significant enough money where we should be concerned with the other team paying off some of it. We should volunteer to pay off some of their remaining salary in order to achieve better returns, especially on guys like Tazawa and Ziegler who only have one year left anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X