No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels more and more like Stanton is going to wait this out and force Miami to take a lesser deal from the Dodgers. That is his dream team and he holds all the power so I can't really fault him. Situations like this are the reason the Marlins refused to include no trade clause in contracts for their entire history.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
      It feels more and more like Stanton is going to wait this out and force Miami to take a lesser deal from the Dodgers. That is his dream team and he holds all the power so I can't really fault him. Situations like this are the reason the Marlins refused to include no trade contracts for their entire history.
      I'd just keep him for another year and trade everyone else except yelich.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
        It feels more and more like Stanton is going to wait this out and force Miami to take a lesser deal from the Dodgers. That is his dream team and he holds all the power so I can't really fault him. Situations like this are the reason the Marlins refused to include no trade clause in contracts for their entire history.
        I would hope the Marlins would then tell Giancarlo to enjoy playing out the rest of his 20's in Miami on a rebuilding team. I don't have a lot of faith that they will do that, but that's what I'd like to see. That would show some balls.

Comment

• I say don't trade him. Trade everybody else. Watching him light up the Home Run record books as a Marlin will take some sting away from how bad we're going to be.

Comment

• Jon Morosi‏Verified account
            @jonmorosi
            15s15 seconds ago
            More
            BREAKING: Giancarlo Stanton has used no-trade clause to reject agreed-upon trade to #SFGiants. @MLB @MLBNetwork
            Damn. huge news. If it's only the dodgers, id keep him.

Comment

• I'm loving this. Hoping Stanton keeps telling them fuck off until they make a deal with one of the teams he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                I'm loving this. Hoping Stanton keeps telling them fuck off until they make a deal with one of the teams he wants.
                the farm systems/young talent in the teams he wants arent even terrible, we just dont know who wants him

Comment

• Why should Stanton agree to go to a 60 win team? He fought for that no trade clause specifically for a situation like this.

This could get ugly quick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    the farm systems/young talent in the teams he wants arent even terrible, we just dont know who wants him
                    We know exactly what he wants. Dodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                      We know exactly what he wants. Dodgers.
                      And the Dodgers know this too.

It is very likely Stanton put Yankees on his list just to try and give Marlins the tiniest bit of leverage in trade talks. Otherwise Dodgers could just offer Joc Pederson and a bunch of crap and say take it or leave it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• https://youtu.be/PVDH3MX4MYI

G to Jeets
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Yeah I have no problem with what Stanton is doing at all. These fucking swindlers have jerked around every single player that signed a big contract with them since they took over, so getting the no-trade clause was a smart move. It's just a shame that this is happening under the new management and not under Loria, which of course Loria planned for the day he allowed the NTC to be included.

- - - - - - - - - -

But I do kinda blame Jeter and company for clearly not realizing what they were getting into. You buy a team and then immediately cry poor, which I initially laughed off, because I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and a complete rebuild would probably be necessary even if money weren't a factor at all. They clearly haven't planned properly for this Stanton situation though, seems like a vital detail to have missed during the team buying process.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            Yeah I have no problem with what Stanton is doing at all. These fucking swindlers have jerked around every single player that signed a big contract with them since they took over, so getting the no-trade clause was a smart move. It's just a shame that this is happening under the new management and not under Loria, which of course Loria planned for the day he allowed the NTC to be included.

- - - - - - - - - -

But I do kinda blame Jeter and company for clearly not realizing what they were getting into. You buy a team and then immediately cry poor, which I initially laughed off, because I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and a complete rebuild would probably be necessary even if money weren't a factor at all. They clearly haven't planned properly for this Stanton, situation though, seems like a vital detail to have missed during the team buying process.
                            the first post X100

Comment

• I love the way its been handled both ways. Stantons wants fucked Jeter. Now Jeter gonna fuck Stanton and make him stay. The winners are going to be us fans for a change when he stays.
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                                I love the way its been handled both ways. Stantons wants fucked Jeter. Now Jeter gonna fuck Stanton and make him stay. The winners are going to be us fans for a change when he stays.
                                lol it kinda would be the fans. Keep Stanton and Yelich and trade everyone else

Comment

Working...
                                X