No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report out of some guy from Venezuela according to Morosi that says the marlins asked about Wacha and Jose Martinez. Not sure that makes any sense unless we plan on flipping those guys somewhere else after.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      It does make sense however the St Louis offer is really whatever. Nobody expects him to pick St Louis so a deal centered around Alcantara or around 5 prospect or them paying less cash doesnt matter much.St Louis can offer to take ALL of Stanton's contract but if he doesn't put them on his list what does it matter?

A man could ask u out and tell u he will be your sugardaddy but if men aren't on your list what the hell does it matter? He could buy u islands give u millions of dollars but until u say OK I will put men on my list of dateable its whatever HAHA
      The only reason it matters, from a fan perspective, is whether to root (even against the odds) for a St. Louis deal, or to not even care. St. Louis obviously has the chance to offer the better prospects, but maybe they aren't. Hell, if they're offering to take more of Stanton's contract, maybe the Giants even have the better offer on the table. Either way, I'm prepared to be underwhelmed. I'm just ready for this whole thing to be over so we can hopefully bring back some real talent in the other moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Report out of some guy from Venezuela according to Morosi that says the marlins asked about Wacha and Jose Martinez. Not sure that makes any sense unless we plan on flipping those guys somewhere else after.
        Nope we would keep them. Like been trying to say Alcantara would be the #2 pitcher in the deal. Jose Martinez was mentioned about 2 weeks BEFORE we got Cooper tho so not sure if he is still in offer or not but we were looking at him. They have mentioned about 6 guys as the "OF" in the offer so. As for Wacha,remember when it came out that the players agreed to were better than expected-this had to do with Wacha. Instead of a ML Ready arm that isn't proven they were trying for an actual ML arm

- - - - - - - - - -

Not sure if this ever came out but the "Longshot"/surprise for Stanton was San Diego. They are the favorites(Well SD or Sea) for Otani too.

Stanton thought they were way to far off to go there tho so no go
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Wacha makes no sense if he is anything other than a throw in in the deal.

Comment

Wacha makes no sense if he is anything other than a throw in in the deal.
            No Wacha fan but 26 yr old controllable SP isn't that bad. Dont get all happy about any Stanton to St Louis news/trades or other stuff
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-04-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account
              @jcrasnick
              Following Following @jcrasnick
              More
              A Giancarlo Stanton trade isn't close to completion, despite the frenzy resulting from weekend meetings with the #SFGiants and #STLCardinals. It's a complicated transaction with a lot of moving pieces, and it appears it's going to drag on a while. Nothing imminent.

Comment

No Wacha fan but 26 yr old controllable SP isn't that bad. Dont get all happy about any Stanton to St Louis news/trades or other stuff
                He’s controllable for only 2 more years. Unless we flip him it makes no sense. Not arguing he isn’t a solid pitcher, just doesn’t make sense for us in a rebuild

Comment

• So Morosi and Mish saying it's close, but Crasnick saying it's not, lol. What a cluster fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    So Morosi and Mish saying it's close, but Crasnick saying it's not, lol. What a cluster fuck.
                    Do you expect anything else from the Marlins?

Comment

• I’m rooting for Stanton to tell Jeter to suck a dick about going to either San Fran or Missouri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        I’m rooting for Stanton to tell Jeter to suck a dick about going to either San Fran or Missouri.
                        you ever been to san fran? not sure why that would be a bad thing. one of if not my favorite city in the us.

Comment

He’s controllable for only 2 more years. Unless we flip him it makes no sense. Not arguing he isn’t a solid pitcher, just doesn’t make sense for us in a rebuild
                          So u are saying getting a guy cheap for 2 years then when u do make the payroll 100 million he gets either a QO(Draft Pick) or a long term deal makes no sense? If Wacha figures it out again then u have a #1 SP that u can extend and if not u give him a QO anyways

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          So Morosi and Mish saying it's close, but Crasnick saying it's not, lol. What a cluster fuck.
                          Its close the hold up is Stanton's people are waiting for word from LAD that they aren't interested. As soon as they get that he will decide. I have heard they gave they a deadline of Tuesday Night but who the hell knows anymore with this guy

Deals with St Louis and SF are ready to go(not as complicated as Crasnick says-players are set just money needs to be figured out),soon as Stanton says what team is on his list we will call them and finish it up

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Do you expect anything else from the Marlins?
                          Marlins have NOTHING to do with what is going on right now. They have agreed to about 4/5 deals with the 2 teams. They are just waiting for Stanton to tell them where he will go. In fact they would love to get the deal done now,that way they can start talking other guys instead of waiting till the Winter Meetings

Comment

So u are saying getting a guy cheap for 2 years then when u do make the payroll 100 million he gets either a QO(Draft Pick) or a long term deal makes no sense?
                            Id rather take the chance on a prospect who they have already seen play in the minors (as opposed to a draft pick 3 years from now) who has 6 years of team control rather than getting an average starter for 2 years on a bad team then having to give him a long term deal or have to wait another year after that for a draft pick.

- - - - - - - - - -

there is no world in which michael wacha is anything close to a #1 pitcher. only way he is a #1 is by default because he is on the marlins.

Comment

Id rather take the chance on a prospect who they have already seen play in the minors (as opposed to a draft pick 3 years from now) who has 6 years of team control rather than getting an average starter for 2 years on a bad team then having to give him a long term deal or have to wait another year after that for a draft pick.

- - - - - - - - - -

there is no world in which michael wacha is anything close to a #1 pitcher. only way he is a #1 is by default because he is on the marlins.
                              Ill take Wacha 2015 season in a second!! Right now hell no which is why I said if he figures it out. He would be a #1 on this team. Stupid arguement tho. Lets talk about who we are getting from SF

Heliot Ramos,Chris Shaw,Tyler Beede,Aramis Garcia? Maybe IFA Cash if they miss on Otani?

Comment

Ill take Wacha 2015 season in a second!! Right now hell no which is why I said if he figures it out. He would be a #1 on this team. Stupid arguement tho. Lets talk about who we are getting from SF

Heliot Ramos,Chris Shaw,Tyler Beede,Aramis Garcia? Maybe IFA Cash if they miss on Otani?
                                I would too, i just dont think it is worth it to get a guy who is a free agent in 2 years and has never been an ace level guy. he used to be a really solid #3, maybe #2, but i wouldnt think it would be a great investment to sign him long term in 2 years, and a draft pick 3 years from now (where the player is questionable to reach the majors at all and wouldnt do so for another 3 years after that) isnt a great consolation prize to me.

Give me prospects with 6 years of team control.

Comment

Working...
                                X