No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. If you move all of these guys, you're going to be below that threshold, and one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Just eat some of that money and load up on good prospects.

Comment

• These clowns are trying to prove that there can be a worse owner then Loria. Absurd that with dumping all that money they don't want to maximize their return for G. MLB should be ashamed for letting them become owners in the first place. When the team started going in debt Loria should have been removed as owner. MLB should have been the ones to chose/auction the team for the best fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        I'm not sure why you get your panties in a bunch about so many things. We all know you mean Carson Kelly here. You're not going to even say his name because some people here made some comments about him before? And you keep going with this "Stanton has all of the power" stuff. No one is debating he has to accept a trade to whatever team. But if he were fully in charge, he'd be in LA, and that doesn't appear like it's happening. And if his second choice is the Giants, and Miami has no say whatsoever, why is he even meeting with the Cardinals?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Buster Olney is saying he's hearing that Miami is more interested in shedding as much of his salary as they can, and getting back premium prospects is not as important. If that's true, fuck this team and their ownership group. Getting rid of Loria was supposed to end this bullshit.
        Well its NOT Carson Kelly but I always appreciate the nice comments from u. Its not happening because LAD can't afford him and the deal they sent us was worse than SF.If they called and said Stanton and 45 million for Puig,White,Keibert Ruiz he would already be there. His 1st.2nd and 3rd choice is LAD and the reason why this is taking so long is because he is hoping they reconsider and go for him.

They met with St Louis to get a feel about the organization because he doesn't wanna be here anymore AND thats where Miami really wants him to go. Even after the meeting he has no desire to go.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        What is the deal you’re hearing stl made for Stanton?
        Heard Alcantara was the #2 Pitcher and C Andrew Knizner was included. Its a pitcher heavy offer(which we love) and the prospects were better than once thought. We were also sending atleast 45 million but like said it's not looking good for Stanton so no point in getting to much into the details.

Just was saying they seem to want a Catcher in all these deals.
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-03-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• No surprise but we are down to 2 1/2 teams for Stanton- SF,St Louis and LAD(1/2 because Stanton wants to go but they not in)

Craig Mish‏Verified account
          @CraigMish
          Source : Red Sox no longer in discussion for Giancarlo Stanton.
          Were considered longshot.

Boston moved onto JD Martinez and Abreu weeks ago but since Stanton put them on his list they were still around. Not very serious especially since NO Catcher to trade!! HAHA JK

- - - - - - - - - -

Miami might be without a 2nd Rookie Ball team in 2018?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...rdy/911204001/

They will find some option-NYPL or Appy League but remember Jeff was trying to get a Rookie Ball team closer to other minor league teams when he was owner. More than likely 2019 they will have to find somewhere new

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Well its NOT Carson Kelly but I always appreciate the nice comments from u. Its not happening because LAD can't afford him and the deal they sent us was worse than SF.If they called and said Stanton and 45 million for Puig,White,Keibert Ruiz he would already be there. His 1st.2nd and 3rd choice is LAD and the reason why this is taking so long is because he is hoping they reconsider and go for him.

They met with St Louis to get a feel about the organization because he doesn't wanna be here anymore AND thats where Miami really wants him to go. Even after the meeting he has no desire to go.
            Once again, I'm not sure why you are getting so sensitive. My point was that it seems like you feel people are attacking you even when they aren't. This is one of those times. I genuinely appreciate your contributions, I just don't understand why you get so combative.

So are you saying St. Louis is out? If Stanton has no interest in them, that would seem to be the case.

Comment

• Id prefer Knizner over Carson Kelly, especially if Knizner would be considered a lower tier prospect and Kelly would be considered one of the centerpieces. Again, numbers in the minors arent everything, but every year except for this past year has been thoroughly underwhelming for Kelly throughout his years in the minors.

Id also prefer Hudson as a safer #2 starter in the trade, but id be cool with Alcantara too. Seems like he is way more of a "boom or bust" type of prospect, but maybe they see something and I know alcantara drew really high reviews from his time in the AFL.

- - - - - - - - - -

If we could get Flaherty, Alcantara, Knizner, and one of their OF's for Stanton and Ziegler that would be an incredible deal for us. Reports are now that we've agreed with both the Giants and Cards, but we're just waiting on Stanton. Have to think if those are the 2 choices that Stanton would pick SF unfortunately, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Id prefer Knizner over Carson Kelly, especially if Knizner would be considered a lower tier prospect and Kelly would be considered one of the centerpieces. Again, numbers in the minors arent everything, but every year except for this past year has been thoroughly underwhelming for Kelly throughout his years in the minors.

Id also prefer Hudson as a safer #2 starter in the trade, but id be cool with Alcantara too. Seems like he is way more of a "boom or bust" type of prospect, but maybe they see something and I know alcantara drew really high reviews from his time in the AFL.

- - - - - - - - - -

If we could get Flaherty, Alcantara, Knizner, and one of their OF's for Stanton and Ziegler that would be an incredible deal for us. Reports are now that we've agreed with both the Giants and Cards, but we're just waiting on Stanton. Have to think if those are the 2 choices that Stanton would pick SF unfortunately, but who knows.

Doesn't matter much Stanton doesn't seem into St Louis still. Holding out hope for LAD but compromise is gonna end up being SF

Comment

• Mish seems to be saying the best starter we'd be getting is Alcantara.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Mish seems to be saying the best starter we'd be getting is Alcantara.
                    Yeah, with Olney's report and the Alcantra rumors, I'm thinking the St. Louis package won't be any better than the Giants one.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mish is also saying St. Louis is offering more money than SF, and that he expects the deal to be done (with one of the teams) in the next couple of days.

Comment

• What a time to be a Marlins fan!

Comment

• went to the heat game and jeter was shown on the tv quickly one time and got booed, and then a second time for much longer and got mixed applause

- - - - - - - - - -

pretty fucking huge week coming up for the future of this franchise. pretty crazy

Comment

• Out of prospects mentioned the best one is Heliot Ramos. Farthest away but he can be great. He’ll probably be ready around the time most of us would be really ready to root for this team again.

- - - - - - - - - -

I really wish we’d blow the whole thing up though. The last time I truly enjoyed a season was 2006.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Well should be finally done by Tuesday Night/Wed Morning.

Stanton's people are still waiting for LAD to jump in and if they don't by then he is gonna pick between SF and St Louis. Miami wants him to pick St Louis however it's like 85/15 that its SF and they aren't pushing him because #1 they can't and #2 they are happy to get rid of him and figure out the rest of their moves

LAD offer is still terrible-they want money from us AND for us to take back a crazy contract. If LAD offers a decent package he will be off to LAD but still no movement

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Mish seems to be saying the best starter we'd be getting is Alcantara.
                            Mish actually said the only name he can report is Alcantara but its whatever. Unless someone in St Louis blackmails Stanton he likely won't be there. Ozuna is next on their list however and they already have talked names in that deal.(Pretty much same names as Stanton deal)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Mish actually said the only name he can report is Alcantara but its whatever. Unless someone in St Louis blackmails Stanton he likely won't be there. Ozuna is next on their list however and they already have talked names in that deal.(Pretty much same names as Stanton deal)
                              Mish actually tweeted that the deal is centered around Alcantara. Doesn't that make sense if Miami really is trying to pick up as little of the money as possible?

Craig Mish‏Verified account
                              @CraigMish

Source : Cardinals offer to Marlins as I previously reported, is centered around P Sandy Alcantara. I'm now told STL has also offered more money than SF in their deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                                Mish actually tweeted that the deal is centered around Alcantara. Doesn't that make sense if Miami really is trying to pick up as little of the money as possible?
                                It does make sense however the St Louis offer is really whatever. Nobody expects him to pick St Louis so a deal centered around Alcantara or around 5 prospect or them paying less cash doesnt matter much.St Louis can offer to take ALL of Stanton's contract but if he doesn't put them on his list what does it matter?

A man could ask u out and tell u he will be your sugardaddy but if men aren't on your list what the hell does it matter? He could buy u islands give u millions of dollars but until u say OK I will put men on my list of dateable its whatever HAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X