Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only the Marlins could trade the MVP to San Francisco and not get Ramos

Comment

• Source : SF Giants front office executives are now in Los Angeles to meet with representatives of NL MVP Giancarlo Stanton.
      https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/936419747054440449
      its pretty much done. I guess
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• We can only hope St. Louis will also get a chance to meet with him. They're really about to accept that awful deal, aren't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Only the Marlins could trade the MVP to San Francisco and not get Ramos
          when was the last time someone threw out a potential package for a deal way ahead of time and it ended up being exactly right?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            when was the last time someone threw out a potential package for a deal way ahead of time and it ended up being exactly right?
            If has to do with the Marlins. It will be the worst deal possible

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
              If has to do with the Marlins. It will be the worst deal possible
              Right. With this team, the actual return tends to be worse than the rumored package. Hopefully it's different with this regime, but I'm going to go ahead and expect the worst, and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Didn't see this until now. From Steve Phillips earlier this morning:

Giants front office is in LA meeting with Stanton and his agent as 1st reported by @CraigMish. This means that they have agreed on the players in a deal. Giants have 72-hour window to convince @Giancarlo818 to wave no-trade clause -
                https://twitter.com/StevePhillipsGM/...74511012597761
                Sure hope those rumored deals are light. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I think that package that is being floated is if they take the entire deal.

Comment

• Not a done deal. They let SF sell him on the idea BUT his people are waiting to see if LA gets in on him before he says YES. St Louis is pretty much out at this point unless something changes

Also the names that were reported aren't likely to be in it.

Henry Schulman‏Verified account @hankschulman · 30m30 minutes ago
                    I continue to hear that the commonly tossed-out names going back to Miami in a Stanton deal -- Panik, Beede and Shaw -- are NOT correct. Whether one or two are part of the discussions, I don't know. #SFGiants.

My "janitor" source told me the same thing. Miami wants Ramos in any deal however the other guys are gonna be based on the money we send. IF we send 45 million then expect 2 or 3 other pieces. IF we send close to O then don't. Other words other than Ramos no one knows what the hell we really want
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-01-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Marlins said to have a closer to $75 million payroll than 90 million. Good news for those who want a full tear down.

- - - - - - - - - -

and we signed bryan holaday

Comment

Marlins said to have a closer to $75 million payroll than 90 million. Good news for those who want a full tear down.

- - - - - - - - - -

Actually 60-75 million is the goal. 75 million is with an injured Volquez and paying other teams counting as salary

and Johnny Giavotella

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

- - - - - - - - - -

The trade with SF is gonna go down fast. It pretty much is down to SF and LA but LA has shown almost no real interest. Stanton's people are just waiting to make sure LA is really out before they OK the SF deal.

Names have been agreed to however $ has not. Depending on how much money we pay will depend on who we get

- - - - - - - - - -

In some more Derek Jeter is worse than Jeff Loria news

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/12/01/ma...cancer-surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Actually 60-75 million is the goal. 75 million is with an injured Volquez and paying other teams counting as salary

and Johnny Giavotella

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

- - - - - - - - - -

The trade with SF is gonna go down fast. It pretty much is down to SF and LA but LA has shown almost no real interest. Stanton's people are just waiting to make sure LA is really out before they OK the SF deal.

Names have been agreed to however $ has not. Depending on how much money we pay will depend on who we get

- - - - - - - - - -

In some more Derek Jeter is worse than Jeff Loria news

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/12/01/ma...cancer-surgery
                          So basically the names arent picked yet then lol. Pay the 45 million, with the condition that we dont have to pay the remainder of the years if he opts out.

- - - - - - - - - -

Im a fan of going down to 60-75. Completely overhaul this. I just dont really trust the front office to get the great returns for all the guys, but a complete overhaul is the right move 100%.

Comment

So basically the names arent picked yet then lol. Pay the 45 million, with the condition that we dont have to pay the remainder of the years if he opts out.
                            They are picked just not the cash amount. I guess u can say really 2 or 3 deals which is why Schulman said the names aren't totally correct. Looks like different combos in each deal. Example if they go with Panik then Shaw is with him however if they don't go with Panik they want Arroyo.(Total clusterfuck which is why names are being mentioned but no clue yet)

I have heard Heliot Ramos,Tyler Beede,Chris Shaw,Christian Arroyo,Aarmis Garcia,Joe Panik,sh*t my buddy even said he heard Denard Span might be in 1 of them(Assume its one with them taking most of his contract)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

Im a fan of going down to 60-75. Completely overhaul this. I just dont really trust the front office to get the great returns for all the guys, but a complete overhaul is the right move 100%.
                            Yep and they better move quick. St Louis is reportedly looking at Colome/Longoria

Everyone is just waiting on the guy with "somewhat" power to decide

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              They are picked just not the cash amount. I guess u can say really 2 or 3 deals which is why Schulman said the names aren't totally correct. Looks like different combos in each deal. Example if they go with Panik then Shaw is with him however if they don't go with Panik they want Arroyo.(Total clusterfuck which is why names are being mentioned but no clue yet)

I have heard Heliot Ramos,Tyler Beede,Chris Shaw,Christian Arroyo,Aarmis Garcia,Joe Panik,sh*t my buddy even said he heard Denard Span might be in 1 of them(Assume its one with them taking most of his contract)

- - - - - - - - - -

Yep and they better move quick. St Louis is reportedly looking at Colome/Longoria

Everyone is just waiting on the guy with "somewhat" power to decide
                              Ozuna is probably the next logical guy they go for after Stanton id assume. We would definitely be able to get a deal like one of Reyes, Hudson, or Flaherty, an OF, and a secondary starter for him. Or Toronto makes a ton of sense too and i wouldnt be shocked if Atlanta is involved.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think Yelich and Realmuto are guys you wait till after the new year to trade if you do trade them because i think you could get more for them after most of free agency is done.

Comment

Marlins said to have a closer to $75 million payroll than 90 million. Good news for those who want a full tear down.

- - - - - - - - - -

Again 75 million is the HIGH # with Volquez's contract and the money they will included for Dee,Zeigler,Tawaza,Stanton. The Real # will be around 60.

Comment

Working...
                                X