No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why but if they do make a trade with the Nationals I prefer Romero to Fedde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
      I’d be pretty happy with Soto and Romero at this point.
      I just don't hope they cave. Have made solid deals since last July(in my eyes) well beside Stanton but can't really blame them for that. I understand not getting Robles but u need to get Soto atleast

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
      I don't know why but if they do make a trade with the Nationals I prefer Romero to Fedde.
      Lots of negatives on Romero. #1 Attitude. Weed/Weight Issues and #2 More likely a RP/Closer

I am not a Fedde fan but he is ML Ready and kinda like Tyler Beede. I actually like Wil Crowe before Romero. Crowe already had TJ and looks like an innings eater
      Last edited by tjfla; 01-27-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        I just don't hope they cave. Have made solid deals since last July(in my eyes) well beside Stanton but can't really blame them for that. I understand not getting Robles but u need to get Soto atleast
        The Ozuna trade was terrible. I think I would have liked the Yelich trade better if they been able to get a better pitcher back then Yamamoto.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
          The Ozuna trade was terrible. I think I would have liked the Yelich trade better if they been able to get a better pitcher back then Yamamoto.
          Agreed on Yamamoto. Rather have Ponce or Peralta BUT he doesn't look that bad. Would have won ERA title if thrown more innings and great spin rate

People will change mind on Ozuna trade soon when Alcantara is #1/#2 SP,Gallen is in rotation and Sierra is leadoff hitter and gold glove CF. They did pretty good for a guy who only has 2 years of control left

- - - - - - - - - -

Some reason starting to get the feeling a JT trade will look like this(Alot closer to what Washington has offered)

Wash-JT
          Miami-Kieboom,Fedde,Difo OR Taylor,One of the C(Read,Severino),and one of the 18 yr old SS they got in Rookie Ball either Antuna or Luis Garcia
          Last edited by tjfla; 01-27-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Agreed on Yamamoto. Rather have Ponce or Peralta BUT he doesn't look that bad. Would have won ERA title if thrown more innings and great spin rate

People will change mind on Ozuna trade soon when Alcantara is #1/#2 SP,Gallen is in rotation and Sierra is leadoff hitter and gold glove CF. They did pretty good for a guy who only has 2 years of control left

- - - - - - - - - -

Some reason starting to get the feeling a JT trade will look like this(Alot closer to what Washington has offered)

Wash-JT
            Miami-Kieboom,Fedde,Difo OR Taylor,One of the C(Read,Severino),and one of the 18 yr old SS they got in Rookie Ball either Antuna or Luis Garcia
            That would be an awful trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
              That would be an awful trade.
              Yes it would!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              I think they’re trying to move Castro but not getting much interest.

Zero reason for him to be the 2nd highest paid player in 2018.
              They are getting some calls on him but no talks. The FO idea seems to be let him play 2B and hope that a contender loses someone at 2B/SS or needs a big bat and trades for him at the deadline. The price is a mid level pitcher and low level prospect(Freddy Galvis type trade)

Dealing with JT right now and hope to deal Straily once FA sign(Baltimore,Cubs,Minn,Texas interested right now but all waiting to see). Those are the 2 things they wanna do before ST starts
              Last edited by tjfla; 01-27-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I don't think Alcantara will be a starter unless he miraculously learns how to pitch this year. He is destined for the bullpen. I can't say how much I hate Sierra. If they acquire another OF or two he will take the only role he is suited for as 4th outfielder. Yes his defense may be good but from all reports he purely a slap hitter who doesn't even have doubles power plus he is not natural at stealing bases. My hope is that he purely depth I don't ever want to see him as a starter for the major league club.

- - - - - - - - - -

The Marlins being so desperate to move these guys is terrible for this new group. Plus the fact that they asked for trades and they seem to be complying even tho they were probably going to trade them anyways. This does not bode well for the teams future. Its letting the other organizations know they will settle for whatever just to move a player. If this all they are truly going to be able to get for Realmuto they should take a stand on hold onto him at least until the trade deadline. They should be able to get more then whats being mentioned from Washington.

Comment

• We (should) have all of the leverage with Washington. They desperately need a catcher to get over the hump. We suck, have a low payroll and don’t have to move JT.

Robles is off limits? Ok, go find a catcher somewhere else then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    We (should) have all of the leverage with Washington. They desperately need a catcher to get over the hump. We suck, have a low payroll and don’t have to move JT.

Robles is off limits? Ok, go find a catcher somewhere else then.
                    Exactly! The Marlins and Nats are going to compromise and end up with Soto? Why should Miami have to compromise at all? These guys have zero patience and awareness. When they get it in their head that they might trade someone, they jump at the best deal they can get, even when you don't actually have to trade the guy. If they trade Realmuto within the division, and don't even end up with either of their top two prospects, that going to be the final straw that proves these guys don't know what they're doing and have no business running a team. Realmuto should probably bring back the best return, but if you don't get Robles, or even Soto, it will probably the worst return you've gotten yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      Exactly! The Marlins and Nats are going to compromise and end up with Soto? Why should Miami have to compromise at all? These guys have zero patience and awareness. When they get it in their head that they might trade someone, they jump at the best deal they can get, even when you don't actually have to trade the guy. If they trade Realmuto within the division, and don't even end up with either of their top two prospects, that going to be the final straw that proves these guys don't know what they're doing and have no business running a team. Realmuto should probably bring back the best return, but if you don't get Robles, or even Soto, it will probably the worst return you've gotten yet.
                      I agree however I keep seeing it report in various spots that the Marlins are willing to settle and not get Soto or Robles. Such a joke and typical that they will settle. How much minor league depth are they going to acquire? They need to start trying to locate some prospects who will be able to replace what they have traded away. Right now I am not really impressed with any one prospect they have received in the trades. I wish there was at least a couple of prospects in the system that fans could look forward to their arrival at the major league level. This is the main reason I see it being much longer then a year or two before this team is even a major league team again.

Comment

• Soto is legit though and might be a better prospect than Robles. Robles is just more MLB ready, but I actually prefer the younger prospects. Soto + is fine, if you don't get Robles or Soto though holy shit...you're terrible at your job.

Comment

• Yasel Antuna got almost 4 million last year in ifa and is thought of highly. I wouldn’t mind him but he’d have to be a secondary piece.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                            Yasel Antuna got almost 4 million last year in ifa and is thought of highly. I wouldn’t mind him but he’d have to be a secondary piece.
                            I'm down for Soto, one of Antuna or Garcia, and maybe Romero or high upside pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                              I'm down for Soto, one of Antuna or Garcia, and maybe Romero or high upside pitcher.
                              Washington is trying for something like Kieboom,Fedde,Catcher and more. I wouldn't make a deal unless Soto is in it but we are still having serious talks so something must be going on whether that is us trying on Soto no clue?

Garcia(even tho signed for less) is actually a better prospect because he can stick at SS. Antuna is likely a 3B

Won;t be surprising at all if they go for quantity instead of Soto
                              Last edited by tjfla; 01-27-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• With all the other trades in the books they really have to concentrate on getting someone of quality. Realmuto shouldn't be a salary dump to add depth. My god why are they so adamant about having to trade everyone right now. If they settle for this they will never have any negotiating power with other teams as long as this cheap ass group owns the team. No one will ever cave to their demands and just wait for them to take whatever they are offered. Frisaro and Hill will talk up whatever comes back as the greatest haul ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X