Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...m-michael-hill

If anyone was wondering what Michael Hill is up to while all this business is going down.

Comment

• I really hope Miami stays locked in to only moving Realmuto if Robles is coming back. Soto's upside is great, but he's a very young kid with only 301 ABs in the minors because of injuries. Everything is projection with him right now. People can get excited about his upside, but he could just as easily become a bust. And that's the problem with trading good players for prospects. I bet those getting all worked up about some of these kids would have been creaming themselves for the Miguel Cabrera haul. Maybin looked like a 5 tool player, and Miller looked like an ace. But history will look at that deal as one of the worst in sports history. Obviously that's an extreme case, but it is far more likely that prospects never get close to their potential than reaching the absolute top of it, and that becomes even more likely the further away they are, and less track record they have. It's foolish to expect these guys to all become stars, or even above average players.

I get you essentially had to trade good players for prospects for Ozuna and Stanton. You had to move Ozuna right now to maximize his value, and they felt like they had to get rid of Stanton's deal. And you also needed to build up the farm system. But they didn't have to trade Yelich (although the return was fine, even if not the overpay it should have been), and moving Realmuto for an even less impressive deal just doesn't make any sense to me. Keep him, and try to win him over. If he's still pissy at the deadline or in a year, then you can move him. There should be zero urgency to deal him, though, and it should absolutely take a player like Robles to make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...m-michael-hill

If anyone was wondering what Michael Hill is up to while all this business is going down.
        run 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days? he should try just running a baseball ops division amirite

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          I'd only deal Realmuto to the Nats if Robles is in the deal.

Agree 100%. No Robles, no Realmuto motherfuckers.

Comment

• I think they’re trying to move Castro but not getting much interest.

Zero reason for him to be the 2nd highest paid player in 2018.

Comment

• Typical Marlins:

[tweet]956961024162361344[/tweet]

Comment

• Well, hopefully that guy is full of shit.

Comment

• Weasel word.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    Typical Marlins:

[tweet]956961024162361344[/tweet]
                    Lol. Not move on from Robles alone, which would be fucking dumb, but Soto, too. That would be such a joke.

Comment

• If they go through with a move without either of those two, it’ll indicate nothing has changed.

Comment

• Check out @masnPete’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/masnPete/status/...519839232?s=09

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                          His tweet is somewhat accurate. Marlins keep asking for Robles 1 for 1(They are NOT getting that) and Nats are offering some form of Michael Taylor or Wilmer Difo(ML Talent) and prospects like Kieboom,Feede,others which Miami is listening on.

Said yesterday everyone thinks the compromise is going to be Soto,Fedde OR Kieboom,a Catcher(likely Severino) and 1 or 2 others. Miami will come off Robles and Wash will up their offer

We are looking for quantity but want that Top Prospect as the centerpiece. That is stalemate at this point does Miami hold out and get atleast Soto OR do they say screw it and take an offer of Difo,Fedde,Kieboom,Read or Severino and more?
                          Last edited by tjfla; 01-27-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• You have to get Soto, would be such a terrible trade if they don't.Take away Robles and Soto and the Nats system looks like ours...it sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                              You have to get Soto, would be such a terrible trade if they don't.Take away Robles and Soto and the Nats system looks like ours...it sucks.
                              I agree they atleast need Soto but that the talks they are having now. Looks like we are trying to get him while Washington is trying to keep them both and offer quantity

They actually have interesting pieces from ML ready guys to 17 yr olds in A Ball however if u trade JT u need to get Soto as the centerpiece NOT Kieboom

Comment

• I’d be pretty happy with Soto and Romero at this point.
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X