No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about one of the Blue Jays starters? They're looking less and less like they're in the AL Wild Card Race? Happ or Estrada might would be welcome additions.

Comment

• If this front office makes 0 moves it will be absolutely pathetic but a fitting end to the Loria era.

Comment

• Cardinals lost, but looks like everyone else in front of us will win.

Comment

• Cards losing is nice but seriously the Brewers are going to beat the dodgers twice in a row in LA?
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• 3-2 Brewers now.

Comment

• I seriously doubt the Nats will sweep us.

They're winning the season series 7-6.

I'll be very worried if no moves are made within 5-7 days.

Comment

• I just do not get why peters and/or anderson are not up here yet. They will be up here september 1 at the latest, i would assume, but this team needs reinforcements and both of those guys should be up here already.

Also, does anyone know the nats pitching plans for this series? ESPN's plans are all fucked up and Scherzer is going tomorrow night.

If Nicolino/Worley start another game the front office should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

• So turns out the matchups are Urena v. Scherzer, Nicolino's spot in the rotation vs. holy shit Edwin Jackson is still throwing baseballs for a living, and then Worley's spot vs. Strasburg. Terrible matchups for us, but hopefully 1 or both of Nicolino and worley dont make their start.

Also, Turner isnt gonna be back for this series, Harper still isnt back, and the Nats are playing a double header today so they could be a little tired. Also, their lineup is pretty devastated by injuries so hopefully we can get lucky. 2/3 would be a win.

Comment

• I still think we get swept. And assuming the other teams don't all win out I think that's ok.

Im happy if we win the Edwin Jackson start. If we somehow win 2/3 I'm ecstatic.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      I still think we get swept. And assuming the other teams don't all win out I think that's ok.

Im happy if we win the Edwin Jackson start. If we somehow win 2/3 I'm ecstatic.
                      I think you're being incredibly pessimistic to predict a sweep.

Comment

• Especially because there's nothing that backs a sweep up

We're 6-7 vs Nationals and, yes, they have Rendon and great pitching, but they'll play the whole series without Harper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          Especially because there's nothing that backs a sweep up

We're 6-7 vs Nationals and, yes, they have Rendon and great pitching, but they'll play the whole series without Harper.
                          and Turner is not back yet, either. People dont understand how good he is. 2/3 is the goal. We need to win the Edwin JAckson start and then steal one of the Strasburg/Scherzer starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            What about one of the Blue Jays starters? They're looking less and less like they're in the AL Wild Card Race? Happ or Estrada might would be welcome additions.
                            Estrada was claimed and taken off.

Also what is with the Worley vs Nats hate? He is 2-0 against then this year 13 innings 1 run. I would rather have another arm but gotta admit he might have the Nats # this year

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Estrada was claimed and taken off.

Also what is with the Worley vs Nats hate? He is 2-0 against then this year 13 innings 1 run. I would rather have another arm but gotta admit he might have the Nats # this year
                              thats one of the most ridiculous things youve ever said. Or maybe he just has a very small sample size of 13 innings vs them. Id take his career sample size of being a terrible pitcher and not rely on 2 starts.

Also, this # that he has of them is nonexistent. Their team as a whole for their career hits .298/.353/.484/.837 off of him. And that is with harper being 2-14 against him for his career.

Relying on this "number" you speak of will lead to eventual regression and a blow out victory for the nats.

Comment

• I'm just in awe that Justin Nicolino is going to be allowed to make another start for us. Justin Nicolino, with his 1.91 WHIP, and his .948 OPS against. You read that right, .948 OPS against. He makes average major leaguers turn into superstars.

Comment

Working...
                                X