No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the fuck is the ump doing that close to the base on a stolen base?

Comment

• You guys, you gotta watch how Dee Gordon got thrown out at 3rd base tonight.

He has to have the lowest IQ in MLB. He's got talent, but my God he is stupid.

Comment

• it was like his brain stopped functioning for 3-5 seconds

- - - - - - - - - -

and ozuna just did more dumb shit of his own on the bases

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          You guys, you gotta watch how Dee Gordon got thrown out at 3rd base tonight.

He has to have the lowest IQ in MLB. He's got talent, but my God he is stupid.
          I just saw the replay of Gordon and Ozuna. Gordon's was just ridiculous. I don't understand - wasn't he tagging up? Why was he taking such a bizarre angle?

Comment

• Gordon was going from 1st to 3rd. I hate him.

Comment

• I was at the game last night Dee was running on the pitch. Stanton hits a laser single. And I dont really have an explanation for what he was doing but it was like he thought he could score so took a big looping turn but also completely slowed down at the same time. Complete lack of awareness of what was going on around him. Other than that it was a good game.

Comment

• We swept the Rockies. Since the end of May I read the Marlins have the 2nd best record in Baseball. Too bad we lost 20 games in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                  We swept the Rockies. Since the end of May I read the Marlins have the 2nd best record in Baseball. Too bad we lost 20 games in May.
                  By my count from June to now, we've been 32-33. If you add the last week and a half of May when we played well, we're 38-35. Has everyone else been playing that badly that we're the second best since then?

We went 10-18 in May (I thought it was worse), but take out that last week and a half, and we were 4-16.

Comment

• We're 41-32 since May 21st. I think that's the most favorable date for us if we're looking at this sort of thing. There has to be at least 3 or 4 teams better in that time period than us, at least LA, Houston and Washington. I would think there are others as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      We're 41-32 since May 21st. I think that's the most favorable date for us if we're looking at this sort of thing. There has to be at least 3 or 4 teams better in that time period than us, at least LA, Houston and Washington. I would think there are others as well.
                      Your numbers are right - I must've missed some days or something when tallying them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        Yup, still not sold on Conley.

Conley is getting ready to Conley

- - - - - - - - - -

Yup.

Lefty on lefty and he gets torched.

- - - - - - - - - -

Any Conley defenders left?

Comment

• What's the deal with him? He'll have games where he'll do great, and others where the wheels just fly off.

Comment

• This Stanton run is absolute insanity. He's still striking out a ton but whatever, there has been so much less of that flailing at the offspeed slider on the outside corner. This closed stance i think has made him into one of the most unpitchable players in baseball, if thats a word. He just controls so much more of the plate now and can still turn on the inside pitch because he is superhuman. I havent watched many games recently but I literally just check the box score every day to see if he homered and he has just about every game for a month now. Now on pace for 60 HR's, 127 RBI's, around a .300 avg and over a 1.000 OPS. Just one of the most dominant and powerful runs by a hitter you will ever see in baseball. I really hope he can stay healthy for the last month and a half here to see what he is capable over 162 games finally. If he wasnt injured so often thus far in his career he would have a really good chance of breaking the HR record by the end of his career.

Comment

• At some point teams have to walk him right? You would think with the run he is on they would.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                                At some point teams have to walk him right? You would think with the run he is on they would.
                                Its gonna start soon, but we also have Yelich, Ozuna, and then Realmuto right behind him. Not exactly terrible guys behind him.

Comment

Working...
                                X