No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe some people think Chen can be a part of a playoff team next year. He's chronically injured and never has corrective surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      I can't believe some people think Chen can be a part of a playoff team next year. He's chronically injured and never has corrective surgery.
      I was hopeful for a bounce back this year with him, but I've moved him to the "expecting nothing" column, as he'll probably be hurt again. I liked the signing at the time, but it's been a disaster so far. He should've had the surgery last year.

Comment

• ANOTHER HR FROM STANTON!!! this is crazy! I hope they keep pitching to him just so i can see how long this can keep up. He's clearly gonna get well over 50, and i think he has a great chance at getting 60. unreal.

Comment

• Tazawa Tazawaing.

Ugh Stanton with that throw.

Comment

• Tazawa needs to go.

Comment

• I figured Steck would get the 7th, as Tazawa has been getting the 8th with Ziegler closing.

Comment

• Glad I didn't watch. Fucking Tazawa. Our pen has blown so many games.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                  Glad I didn't watch. Fucking Tazawa. Our pen has blown so many games.
                  Yeah, we'd be well over .500 if they'd not blown so many (especially early in the year)......I know that can be said of a lot of teams, but it seems like we've had a lot of games blown late this year.

Comment

• Telis been looking good at the plate of late. Maybe he can build up his trade value again, and we can flip him for some pitching in the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      Telis been looking good at the plate of late. Maybe he can build up his trade value again, and we can flip him for some pitching in the off-season.
                      No. We'll just leave him in Triple-A to do nothing.

Comment

Telis been looking good at the plate of late. Maybe he can build up his trade value again, and we can flip him for some pitching in the off-season.
                        He should have a spot on the ML roster given his hit tool and who we usually carry on the bench. Also, the fact that we just threw in Austin Barnes for nothing when he is a starting level MLB catching is infuriating.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Drew Steckenrider is gonna be our closer at some point next year. His numbers from his entire minor league career, especially in the bullpen, are lights out.

Bad timing because he was good today according to the box score, but I could go without Brian Ellington pitch in a marlins uniform ever again. Relievers who cant throw strikes consistently are one of the least valuable things in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          He should have a spot on the ML roster given his hit tool and who we usually carry on the bench. Also, the fact that we just threw in Austin Barnes for nothing when he is a starting level MLB catching is infuriating.
                          If his role is replacing Tyler Moore fine, but I still think we should be able to acquire a better bat who can play 1B/OF to fill that spot on the bench, and also I'd be fine if we bring back A.J. Ellis next year, he's a fine back-up C. Plus there are some teams out there that have really bad catchers, some team might give him a shot to start at the major league level.

Comment

If his role is replacing Tyler Moore fine, but I still think we should be able to acquire a better bat who can play 1B/OF to fill that spot on the bench, and also I'd be fine if we bring back A.J. Ellis next year, he's a fine back-up C. Plus there are some teams out there that have really bad catchers, some team might give him a shot to start at the major league level.
                            Many of us have been saying for years to trade him if they're not going to use him and continue to sign veteran backup catchers (like the Mathis extensions, and signing Ellis this year).

Comment

• Wow a good Conley outing! It's like an eclipse.

Comment

• Dont understand your hate with Conley. He started the year terribly but he was good last year, has a great minor league track record, and has been very good in 7 starts since he came back up here. 3 ER or less in 6 of 7 starts and has gone at least 5 innings in each start and 6 or more in 5 of the 7 starts. His bounceback since he's come back up here has been very encouraging.

- - - - - - - - - -

6 back with 40 to go now. Realistically we dont have a chance, but lets dream. 7 games this week against the 2 worst teams in the league. Need at the very least 5-2, 6-1 would be ideal though. We still have a lot of games against the phillies and braves and also play 2 of our last 3 series against the DBacks and Rockies, so it is certainly doable.

- - - - - - - - - -

Does anyone know why we have a double header in Philly on Tuesday rather than just making one of the games on monday when both teams have an off day? Is this that thing that was talked about earlier in the season where the Phillies would have too many consecutive games without a day off?

Comment

Working...
                                X