No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck this front office. just so pathetic.

Tjfla is really concerned about not having Peters for the AFL now too. should have just pitched him 1 inning and saved the good stuff for Mesa!!!

On a real note, the fact that he wasnt up here before 9/1 is insanely dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Fuck this front office. just so pathetic.

Tjfla is really concerned about not having Peters for the AFL now too. should have just pitched him 1 inning and saved the good stuff for Mesa!!!

On a real note, the fact that he wasnt up here before 9/1 is insanely dumb.
      For the now 11th time,I would have called up Dillon Peters like they did and forget about the AFL. When I say it was their plan I mean the FO/Jeff/Mike Hill/DelPiano-NOWHERE am I in the plan. I said the "plan" was for him to get his innings in the AFL however this was before we decided to play better so they changed the plan without even asking for my input

Also its Salt River not Mesa. Like most things u got a it wrong

On a real note,we had no clue u thought it was insanely dumb. (Only said it 100x sorry 50x the other 50x were Anderson and Peters) Thanks for clearing it up.

Gotta love someone who obsesses over another. U should private message me sometime,ill send u an autographed pic so u can start a shrine for me

- - - - - - - - - -

How nice would it have been to have Kenley Jensen instead of Ziegler and Tazawa? Lucky we didn't get him and kept that 1st rd pick

Comment

• Somehow we're still only 5 games out.

Comment

• Strasburg and Gio in the Nats series, so we'll be lucky to scratch out a win in the first game (they've not announced a starter yet).

Comment

• So we're about to lose 3 of 4 to the Phillies... icard

Amazing how quickly the board died.

Comment

• Well Tazawa still pitches for us. The bats fell asleep. So screw it.

Comment

• This is normal pattern it seems except for 2003 under Loria. I guess he has nothing to do with it, but it was just something to post I guess.....oh well....Less than a month until Loria is finally gone, there is the silver lining I guess.

Comment

• Team letting the players families leave with the team after the game on wednesday to get away from the storm. good. This storm is starting to scare the shit out of me. cat 4/5 riding up the entire peninsula. good luck to you guys preparing.

Comment

• I just dealt with Harvey. Hopefully that shit goes south of FL

Comment

• We've lost at least 5 games where we were ahead in the 9th inning in the last week.

Comment

• Ive been so busy with the hurricane that i havent watched a game in about 2 weeks, but wtf happened to this team? They never had the pitching to keep in that hunt but this is just plain pathetic. Im ok if they want to fully blow this core up if it is for the goal of rebuilding in the mold of the White Sox and not just trying to cut costs. This core just doesnt have what it takes. This lineup is just way too inconsistent and for some reason this core is just way too prone to these prolonged month long terrible streaks. Seriously, is it just me or are the marlins the only one who consistently have at least one month period every year where they just are terrible and ruin their entire year?

Comment

Ive been so busy with the hurricane that i havent watched a game in about 2 weeks, but wtf happened to this team? They never had the pitching to keep in that hunt but this is just plain pathetic. Im ok if they want to fully blow this core up if it is for the goal of rebuilding in the mold of the White Sox and not just trying to cut costs. This core just doesnt have what it takes. This lineup is just way too inconsistent and for some reason this core is just way too prone to these prolonged month long terrible streaks. Seriously, is it just me or are the marlins the only one who consistently have at least one month period every year where they just are terrible and ruin their entire year?
                          Yeah, we've lost about 16 of the last 18 or something crazy like that, and we're now what....10 or 11 under? We were 3 over before this streak started. Stanton hasn't been hitting a home run every other at bat (he actually hasn't hit one in a while it seems).

Honestly, the way I've looked at it is, this is basically the opposite of our hot streak (remember we won like 13 of 15 or something like that), and if you combined the two, we're basically treading water overall.

I really haven't watched in 2 weeks either (more because of how badly they've been playing than anything), so I can't comment about how individual players are doing, but I would've thought Bour coming back would've helped the lineup, as well as Anderson and Peters being up (we won't get into how that should've been done earlier) helping overall, but it hasn't seemed to help. Stanton going cold (or at least not on a home run barrage) hasn't helped, but it shouldn't require that all season for us to win. That said, a lot of it goes back to pitching....most of these losses recently have been big losses.

I don't follow other teams too closely to know if they do the same, but yes, we do always have a month every year where we can't win anything. This year it seems we've had 2 - May (which buried us to begin with), and now September after we climbed out of the hole.

Comment

• Random, but watching this Yelich play challenged, why is weight given to the call on the field? I understand the rationale, but why would anything that you decide in that split of a decision take precedence over the best possible choice you can make using the slow motion replay?

Comment

• Feels good to be on the other side of a Ramos collapse.

Comment

Random, but watching this Yelich play challenged, why is weight given to the call on the field? I understand the rationale, but why would anything that you decide in that split of a decision take precedence over the best possible choice you can make using the slow motion replay?
                                Many times it's still difficult to tell even with the slow motion replay - so if it's too difficult to tell, it gives them a call to revert to.

Comment

Working...
                                X