The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    I'm just in awe that Justin Nicolino is going to be allowed to make another start for us. Justin Nicolino, with his 1.91 WHIP, and his .948 OPS against. You read that right, .948 OPS against. He makes average major leaguers turn into superstars.
    Is it confirmed that we arent making any moves and are allowing Nicolino and Worley to start these games? Because that is absolutely pathetic on behalf of the front office.

Comment

• Well Nicolino would start tomorrow, no? Even if you make a move today, would they get to Washington on time? doubtful.

Comment

• Seems like Nicolino and Worley will both get starts in Washington. Hopefully Urena pitches well tonight.

Comment

• That is an absolute disgrace. Even if they end up pitching well, this front office has been pathetically bad in helping this team given how well theyve played this last month. The fact that Anderson isnt up here yet, and Peters pitched the other day knowing full well that Nicolino and Worley were scheduled to start, is mind boggling. Screw Loria and this front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            That is an absolute disgrace. Even if they end up pitching well, this front office has been pathetically bad in helping this team given how well theyve played this last month. The fact that Anderson isnt up here yet, and Peters pitched the other day knowing full well that Nicolino and Worley were scheduled to start, is mind boggling. Screw Loria and this front office.
            U realize Anderson was out with a concussion for like a week right? He will be up on Sept 1/2 calm down

As for Peters he is scheduled to pitch Tuesday in Biloxi so u will find out quick who the starters will be

So are u for going for it this year and trade away the future OR still in the we need 1st round picks and prospects to build for the future?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            I'm just in awe that Justin Nicolino is going to be allowed to make another start for us. Justin Nicolino, with his 1.91 WHIP, and his .948 OPS against. You read that right, .948 OPS against. He makes average major leaguers turn into superstars.
            Ya he shouldn't be but what is even worse is we could have had Carlos Rodon or Aaron Nola in his spot if we took 1 of them instead of Kolek
            Last edited by tjfla; 08-28-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              U realize Anderson was out with a concussion for like a week right? He will be up on Sept 1/2 calm down

As for Peters he is scheduled to pitch Tuesday in Biloxi so u will find out quick who the starters will be

So are u for going for it this year and trade away the future OR still in the we need 1st round picks and prospects to build for the future?

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya he shouldn't be but what is even worse is we could have had Carlos Rodon or Aaron Nola in his spot if we took 1 of them instead of Kolek
              What future are you trading away to add a SP through a waiver trade? To get a guy who is a potential FA like Dickey or another decent, actual major league level SP on August 31st is not going to cost you "the future."

Comment

• Yeah, I don't see how picking up a starter is going to mortgage the future. We're not going to be trading for Chris Sale.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see how picking up a starter is going to mortgage the future. We're not going to be trading for Chris Sale.
                  Just giving people a hard time from back in the offseason when the response to signing a Jensen was its gonna cost us(Trevor Rogers) our future

Mike Hill has been talking to a few teams but wants to make sure they are in it before get anyone. Saw a target yesterday(SD,White Sox,Atl are some teams we are talking to) Brightside is Jeff is willing to spend a little cash so that shouldn't be an issue for us finally
                  Last edited by tjfla; 08-28-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Just giving people a hard time from back in the offseason when the response to signing a Jensen was its gonna cost us(Trevor Rogers) our future
                    Wut?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Wut?
                      He's giving people who are not on this board, a hard time on this board. He does that.

Comment

Mike Hill has been talking to a few teams but wants to make sure they are in it before get anyone. Saw a target yesterday(SD,White Sox,Atl are some teams we are talking to) Brightside is Jeff is willing to spend a little cash so that shouldn't be an issue for us finally
                        Probably because this team wasnt a closer away, and giving away a first round pick for a closer who at most would pitch 70-75 innings is stupid for a team that isnt a contender. If that pick was given up for signing a legit star hitter or a top of the rotation arm i would have been fine with that.

Picking up a guy like a dickey or some other type of stop gap rotation arm is not going to cost much of anything.

- - - - - - - - - -

I dont understand how our beat writers are around the team everyday and just tweeted out the lineup today with the only person in the rotation being available out of the pen being Nicolino. They have never done that before. That means Nicolino will not make his scheduled appearance Tuesday and my guess is they call up Peters after the game tonight.

How do those guys do that for a living and not pick up on that or at least question it?

So that solves the when is Dillon Peters coming up question.

Edit- looking at Clark Spencer tweeting out the lineup every day for the recent weeks, they just started doing this yesterday having Nicolino available out of the pen. He is out of the rotation. Welcome Dillon Peters. At least they are trying.

Comment

Mike Hill has been talking to a few teams but wants to make sure they are in it before get anyone.
                          Tell Mike Hill that they ARE in it but they won't be for long if they don't come up with a solution for Nicolino and Worley.

Comment

• Do we have confirmation that it'll be Peters, though? I mean it has to be, right? But I've seen this FO do stranger things before.

Comment

Do we have confirmation that it'll be Peters, though? I mean it has to be, right? But I've seen this FO do stranger things before.
                              No, we dont even have confirmation that Nicolino is out of the rotation, that's just me connecting dots. They didnt start putting him as available out of the rotation until yesterdays game. Im assuming thats what that means, however. If he is scheduled to pitch tomorrow no way they would allow him to be available out of the bullpen today.

We dont have confirmation on Peters, and he would actually be on short rest by 1 day so who knows if he is the choice. But now that i see it, Worley would be on normal rest tomorrow, Peters would be on normal rest on wednesday, so if i had to guess that is what they are doing. That or maybe trevor richards? I hope they dont do that to Richards though.

Comment

• yeah after looking at Spencer's past lineup tweets I have to agree with your assessment on Nicolino. I agree Worley tomorrow then hopefully Peters is probably the way they'll go.

- - - - - - - - - -

I actually thought of another possibility and unfortunately I think it's more likely than Peters getting called up.

Worley on Tuesday
                                Conley on Wednesday
                                Despaigne on Thursday

Comment

Working...
                                X