No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Adeiny Hechavarria to Rays for Braxton Lee, Ethan Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade: Marlins Trade Adeiny Hechavarria to Rays for Braxton Lee, Ethan Clark

Per Clark Spencer

rays taking hech's salary

Solid deal IMO
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I'll take it.

Comment

Exquisite trade. Exquisite.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        Per Clark Spencer

rays taking hech's salary

Solid deal IMO
        Clark has decent numbers and good size 6'5 235. Probably should be in High A but project arm who has a chance

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2017/ALL

Lee on other hand is another 4th OF. Add him to Kyle Barrett(just promoted to AA),Miller,Bird,Knapp and we have 4 guys who are the same exact player-left handed bat who plays great defense and has speed

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

BUT at least they got something for a guy who was gone next year. So kinda hard to complain about the deal
        Last edited by tjfla; 06-26-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Clark has decent numbers and good size 6'5 235. Probably should be in High A but project arm who has a chance

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2017/ALL

Lee on other hand is another 4th OF. Add him to Kyle Barrett(just promoted to AA),Miller,Bird,Knapp and we have 4 guys who are the same exact player-left handed bat who plays great defense and has speed

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

BUT at least they got something for a guy who was gone next year. So kinda hard to complain about the deal
          And it means we don't have to deal with Hech anymore.

Comment

I would have been cool with DFA Hech for assignment and never having to see him hit again. But to trade him, get rid of the remainder of his salary, and get 2 guys who arent complete nothing prospects? Great deal. We need to figure out our longterm SS plan though this offseason. I really wish we would just bite whatever bullet would come with Dee playing SS everyday and going with him at SS and Dietrich at 2b.

I dont think any one fielder makes that big of a difference. Not saying team defense isnt important, but the impact of one guy defensively is overcome IMO with the much better hitting ability of having Dietrich in the lineup everyday instead of Riddle/Rojas.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              I would have been cool with DFA Hech for assignment and never having to see him hit again. But to trade him, get rid of the remainder of his salary, and get 2 guys who arent complete nothing prospects? Great deal. We need to figure out our longterm SS plan though this offseason. I really wish we would just bite whatever bullet would come with Dee playing SS everyday and going with him at SS and Dietrich at 2b.

I dont think any one fielder makes that big of a difference. Not saying team defense isnt important, but the impact of one guy defensively is overcome IMO with the much better hitting ability of having Dietrich in the lineup everyday instead of Riddle/Rojas.
              Long term plan is Rojas at SS and Riddle as UT guy

Exactly if u are gonna NON tender a guy or he is a FA,get someone for them. Major problem for this team in the past,SD liked him too but told the Marlins that they will talk IF they DFA but not until then.

Still sucks we couldn't get better prospects over 2 million dollars but hey it's a start

Comment

Given the impending sale of the team, I don't think any long term plans are relevant.

As for this move, the return is fine considering Hech isn't very good and wasn't going to be back next year anyway.

Comment

Exactly if u are gonna NON tender a guy or he is a FA,get someone for them. Major problem for this team in the past,SD liked him too but told the Marlins that they will talk IF they DFA but not until then.

Still sucks we couldn't get better prospects over 2 million dollars but hey it's a start
                  Clark Spencer and Barry Jackson have suggested it's the other way around.

Comment

I actually enjoy what I see in both prospects they got back. Braxton Lee has drastically improved his AA performance this year and should be in AAA by September. He's a legitimate major league option in late 2018 if all goes well.

Ethan Clark is obviously at a lower level, but he's doing really well in his first season above rookie ball. I feel like he may be the first possible replacement we've gotten to Domingo German as a prospect.

I've stated my opinion about Hech's potential as a player for about five years now, so don't really feel the need to restate it. His inability to hit or get on base was always going to hold him back from being a real option as an MLB starter, regardless that his defense was above average. He's gotten by on that defense alone for a while now. He's 28 years old and has never OPS'ed .700. I appreciate that Mattingly knew it was time to pull the plug. Riddle coming up and performing the way he has made the decision a lot easier, with Rojas likely taking the starting spot with Riddle staying on as a backup once he's healthy.

Overall very positive about the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      Clark Spencer and Barry Jackson have suggested it's the other way around.
                      Long term as in next year. Rojas won't be 100% till August/Sept. Mattingly loves Rojas and Riddle can play 2B,SS,3B

Comment

Looks like they are staying with the get a pitcher and let Benedict change him strategy still

Ethan Clark is on the 7 Day DL already Nothing wrong with him YET they just don't have any pitching spots open in A Ball and down. So prolly let Benedict take a look at him and go from there

Only negative about drafting 30 pitchers and signing another 20 is no spots for any of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X