• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels @ Marlins-2 Bad Teams with 0 Prospects to Help

Worst Farm Systems in MLB and crappy SP but neither team will rebuild

But we beat their ass tonight

Comment

I hate that he was terrible until we were 10 games under, but Bour deserves credit. His last few weeks have been terrific and he has actually hit lefties well this year. He will regress to the mean, but he does at least deserve some credit, especially as I have been someone who has torched the front office for making him the full time starter, even though I still think that was a stupid move.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, our lineup has been pretty bad this year and the numbers all aorund arent terrible. It is an indictment on the consistency of the offense that we can have this many guys putting up solid numbers and have a lineup that is this bad. Something needs to change for this offense for whenever we decide to contend next.

Comment

It's a high average low scoring team again.

*only 1 sentence needed to break it down

Comment

Dee Gordon gets picked the fuck off at 1st with bases loaded and Stanton up. He should be sent to NOLA just for that.

Comment

I agree. I would absolutely send him down for that and send a message to everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              I hate that he was terrible until we were 10 games under, but Bour deserves credit. His last few weeks have been terrific and he has actually hit lefties well this year. He will regress to the mean, but he does at least deserve some credit, especially as I have been someone who has torched the front office for making him the full time starter, even though I still think that was a stupid move.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, our lineup has been pretty bad this year and the numbers all aorund arent terrible. It is an indictment on the consistency of the offense that we can have this many guys putting up solid numbers and have a lineup that is this bad. Something needs to change for this offense for whenever we decide to contend next.
              Ill join u with Bour-didn't think he could either but looks solid against lefties. They should probably cash him in at the trade deadline to an AL team(more value as a bat 1B/DH) but likely won't. They will wait 2 years to late

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Ill join u with Bour-didn't think he could either but looks solid against lefties. They should probably cash him in at the trade deadline to an AL team(more value as a bat 1B/DH) but likely won't. They will wait 2 years to late
                Pretty much.

Comment

Fucking Ziegler in. Here goes the lead.

Comment

A couple stray thoughts:

-Do the Marlins now have TWO guys who should start at SS over Hechavarria? Rojas has been established, but JT Riddle is making a case for himself as well. Small sample size and all that, but he's brought some surprising power that Hech can't match. If he or Rojas provide even adequate defense (and no reason to think they can't), their bats should make Hech expendable. Now, what would we get for Hech on the market? Probably not much, but even a team's middling minor league player would shoot to the top of our rankings.

-Stanton looks a lot better at the plate lately. He doesn't seem to be striking out as much, at least over the last two weeks or so. I know he goes through his hot and cold streaks, but he seems to be "on" now for a lot longer than his usual hot streaks last. Hopefully he's figured something out.

Comment

I'm excited about Riddle. OPS over .770 between the majors and AAA this year. 130 ABs not the biggest sample size, but that's a pretty good run

Comment

Very happy to see what Riddle has done and how he's taken advantage of his opportunities recently. His minor league career had all the indications of him being good enough to be a major league backup but nothing more. While he might not be more than that, circumstance has given him a chance to shine. Still have to point out that when you look at Riddle's career minor and current major league, there's a major downfall that's readily apparent: He can't draw any walks. He doesn't strike out a ridiculous amount, but he relies highly on his contact rates and those rates aren't good enough to offset the flaws I mentioned.

While I love what I've seen from Riddle, and I really would love to see him thrive and become a long term starter, he is more likely a nice addition to the long term bench than anything else.

Rojas is very likely the best 2017-onward option for the team at shortstop, although I still feel for the team to compete long term they'll need to search for outside options. Shortstop and catcher are easily the two hardest positions to find in today's baseball.
                        Last edited by dim; 05-28-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

JT Riddle has played well, but his OPS in the majors is inflated by his 3 homers when he has shown no power in the minors. He has a career high in a year of 9 and that was in Greensboro in 2014. He never had more than 5 in an entire season before and he has 3 in the big leagues. His 16/3 K/BB ratio suggests regression is coming. I didnt think he was anything but he has shown at least that he could be a utility guy and anything helps given how bad our farm is.

Looking at the numbers though, a platoon of Riddle and Rojas against righties/lefties respectively would actually be pretty solid. Trade Hech for a lower minors player or a SP in a similar position as Hech who has potential.

Comment

Maybe he's added power. 16 XBHs between AAA and MLB this year in 128 ABs.

Comment

not even a series thread for the phillies series.

i ain't even mad
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X