Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
    A couple stray thoughts:

-Do the Marlins now have TWO guys who should start at SS over Hechavarria? Rojas has been established, but JT Riddle is making a case for himself as well. Small sample size and all that, but he's brought some surprising power that Hech can't match. If he or Rojas provide even adequate defense (and no reason to think they can't), their bats should make Hech expendable. Now, what would we get for Hech on the market? Probably not much, but even a team's middling minor league player would shoot to the top of our rankings.

-Stanton looks a lot better at the plate lately. He doesn't seem to be striking out as much, at least over the last two weeks or so. I know he goes through his hot and cold streaks, but he seems to be "on" now for a lot longer than his usual hot streaks last. Hopefully he's figured something out.
    Hech is gone next year no matter what. Mattingly loves Rojas but likes him even more as a UT guy. Riddle can play 2B,SS,3B as well. Who knows who would start at SS tho

As for Hech's value its pretty low. Teams know he will be NON Tendered so unless a team needs a SS badly before Sept 1 the most u would get for him is a low level prospect or cash. Now if a playoff team loses a SS u might get a better prospect for him because while he can't hit he is a elite defensive SS(think John McDonald)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    not even a series thread for the phillies series.

i ain't even mad
    No point only thing to look foward to this week is Thursday Jeff Locke makes debut. Maybe he shows All Star Stuff and we can trade him too

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      JT Riddle has played well, but his OPS in the majors is inflated by his 3 homers when he has shown no power in the minors. He has a career high in a year of 9 and that was in Greensboro in 2014. He never had more than 5 in an entire season before and he has 3 in the big leagues. His 16/3 K/BB ratio suggests regression is coming. I didnt think he was anything but he has shown at least that he could be a utility guy and anything helps given how bad our farm is.

Looking at the numbers though, a platoon of Riddle and Rojas against righties/lefties respectively would actually be pretty solid. Trade Hech for a lower minors player or a SP in a similar position as Hech who has potential.
      Riddle reminds me a bit of Brandon Crawford. They had fairly similar minor league numbers too (Crawford had more power) and debuted at about the same age. I know it's a small sample size, but I think Riddle can be a starting SS in the majors. Certainly could out-produce Hech.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Hech is gone next year no matter what. Mattingly loves Rojas but likes him even more as a UT guy. Riddle can play 2B,SS,3B as well. Who knows who would start at SS tho

As for Hech's value its pretty low. Teams know he will be NON Tendered so unless a team needs a SS badly before Sept 1 the most u would get for him is a low level prospect or cash. Now if a playoff team loses a SS u might get a better prospect for him because while he can't hit he is a elite defensive SS(think John McDonald)

- - - - - - - - - -

No point only thing to look foward to this week is Thursday Jeff Locke makes debut. Maybe he shows All Star Stuff and we can trade him too
        I found this look from Hech from the weekend was amusing...

Comment

Not saying Hech to SD rumors but SD has been looking for a vet SS for a few weeks now and not many names out there that can be had for cheap

I would gladly take a low level prospect from them for Hech

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Not saying Hech to SD rumors but SD has been looking for a vet SS for a few weeks now and not many names out there that can be had for cheap

I would gladly take a low level prospect from them for Hech
            At this point, a bag of balls would do. I'm tired of seeing him in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              At this point, a bag of balls would do. I'm tired of seeing him in the lineup.
              O I agree and as soon as Rojas his is healthy I doubt Mattingly would even play him with Rojas and Riddle around. That plus the fact he won't be tendered next year he shouldn't be around much longer. However knowing Jeff he will keep him the whole year for some reason and then SD will sign him. This is my issue with having no FO-it's common sense stuff that if u know a guy won't be around start shopping him and get something for him rather than just vanishing. However most teams know what we are about-if a guy is arb eligible there is a very high chance we non tender them so they just wait till then.

We do that with our minor league players,most clubs wouldn't release a KJ Woods/Avery Romero/Justin Jacome they would call around and trade him for either another minor leaguer or IFA cash(Milwaukee just did this-Magnifeco to Baltimore for IFA cash then spent the cash on a Cuban 1B $925K). We have NO FO so instead of doing the hard dirty work of calling teams and using the scouts knowledge-Mike Hill releases them and then signs some 28 yr old for a few months

By way doubt we would ask for a bag of balls. We would have to buy a bag and then pay to fly them cross country-Jeff is in cash saving mode!!!
              Last edited by tjfla; 05-30-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Our FO is much like the old Magic FO-just lazy guys with NO experience. No real vision,other teams take advantage,happy to get rid of contracts and afraid to do any dirty work.

I won't get started on the NBA other to say Thank God MLB isn't the same friends playing each other every year while 20 teams tank. Nothing better than seeing the same 4 teams play each other,same 4 teams signing FA and the same 4 teams filling out their rosters by donations where they get traded talent and send back a thank you note to the other city

Comment

I'm a Magic fan, and I also think the NBA is awful. Don't let it go to your head tj.

Comment

Working...
                  X