No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish the Red Sox werent set in the OF. I want Devers badly.

I have 0 confidence in this front office making any good moves. Thats why I only want us to trade pitchers and Prado at the deadline. I dont want Mike Hill anywhere near a deal that involves Yelich, ozuna, stanton, or realmuto.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      Each of those teams possesses a top 20 overall prospect. I wonder if Torres, Jimenez, Devers, Rodgers, or Brinson are in play.
      Might be in play if we are trading Yelich or Ozuna but those teams are more than likely looking at our RP. Each of those teams also possess a TOP 10 minor league system and as seen in years past contenders pay handsomely for a solid RP. Last year some dumb ass team gave up a solid SP prospect for Fernando Rodney u know and Boston gave up 3 solid players for a guy who can't even throw a ball

Comment

• http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...160273749.html

One team source said, as our Clark Spencer reported, that most everybody on the roster is available for the right price.

Players most at risk of being moved include David Phelps, AJ Ramos and Martin Prado.

The Marlins are open to listening to offers for Giancarlo Stanton, who has a no-trade clause but might be willing to waive it.

To this point, no serious Stanton talks are believed to have occurred.

The Marlins would like to keep catcher JT Realmuto. It would take a substantial return to trade Christian Yelich or Marcell Ozuna.

The Yankees are pursuing a trade for Justin Bour, but the Marlins are not going to give away a player who’s productive, cheap and under team control through 2020.

One person very much involved in one of the groups bidding for the Marlins disputed the notion that slashing salary would help the Marlins’ chances of completing a sale, saying that a new owner would want to make some of those decisions.

- - - - - - - - - -

Like I have been saying both groups would prefer to start over but they wanna make the decisions on big names like Stanton,Ozuna,Yelich,JT.(Can't blame them-Mike Hill is an idiot) But likely we are looking at JT,Ozuna OR Yelich(Depends on the owner),Straily and a few cheap guys(Urena/Wittgren/Rojas/Riddle) as the building blocks

Anyone on club control OR FA before 2019 could be on the way out before they sell.

Note on Bour,the team doesn't wanna give him away however his price is coming down due to the fact they are trying to package Prado or even Chen with him to AL teams. So if we do trade him don't be surprised if the return isn't as great as u expect

Comment

• Im all for trading Bour to the Yankees. If we could get someone like Bird, Mateo, and one of their good SP prospects pull the trigger immediately. I think Bour is going to come back to life over the course of the second half.

Bour and Prado and one of our relievers for Mateo, Sheffield or Chance Adams, and Bird who seems to have fallen out of favor.
          Last edited by fish16; 07-09-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Im also all about trading Ozuna to the braves and just taking a lot of talent from their farm system. That is a trade partner that can be hugely beneficial to both teams. I dont care abotu trading him in division.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Im all for trading Bour to the Yankees. If we could get someone like Bird, Mateo, and one of their good SP prospects pull the trigger immediately. I think Bour is going to come back to life over the course of the second half.

Bour and Prado and one of our relievers for Mateo, Sheffield or Chance Adams, and Bird who seems to have fallen out of favor.
              That is what the Yanks want from us,not sure about the return tho. I know the FO likes alot of NYY young players and minor leaguers. The issue is Prado's contract-if he is in the deal unless Jeff throws cash in(he won't) the deal would be alot less than that. If u trade just Bour and a RP,u could probably get more in return.

They love Greg Bird but the guy is hurt more than Stanton. If he is a minor piece cool but I wouldn't make him the star of the package
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-09-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                That is what the Yanks want from us,not sure about the return tho. I know the FO likes alot of NYY young players and minor leaguers. The issue is Prado's contract-if he is in the deal unless Jeff throws cash in(he won't) the deal would be alot less than that. If u trade just Bour and a RP,u could probably get more in return.

They love Greg Bird but the guy is hurt more than Stanton. If he is a minor piece cool but I wouldn't make the star of the package
                The marlins or the Yankees love him? My thoughts on him would be as a throw in part of the deal, not close to a major part. My thoughts would just be that they are getting Bour with several years of team control at 1b so they might be willing to part with him considering there has been some drama surrounding him there recently. We also would have 0 first base options should we trade Bour so that would be a prudent move. I think Bird could end up being better than Bour so if they could buy low on him i hope they would do it, but i have 0 confidence in any potential buy low opportunity being realized by this front office.

I'd go after Mateo because they already have Gregorious and Gleyber torres and a few other middle infielders and we need a long term SS.

Then add in a couple of their better starters.

I really hope these trades focus more on return than money. Obviously you arent going to get anything for a guy like Wei Yin Chen, but trading Prado along with a guy like Bour simply for money reasons while reducing potential return in a deal for Bour is a horrible strategy. This should be about rebuilding our farm system, not just dumping money.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'd be cool with Bour, Prado, and Ramos to the Yankees for Mateo, Chance Adams, and Greg Bird.

Then Ozuna to the Braves for Albies, Acuna , and Allard/Soroka or another one of their starters..
                Dump Gordon's salary so longterm our lineup would be:

C- Realmuto
                1b- Bird
                2b- Albies/Mateo
                SS-Albies/Mateo
                3b- Anderson
                Lf- Acuna
                CF- Yeich
                Rf- Stanton

Plus we would have added some desperately needed talent at SP. I like that plan.

That reminds me, have we heard anything on Dee Gordon being traded?

Comment

The marlins or the Yankees love him? My thoughts on him would be as a throw in part of the deal, not close to a major part. My thoughts would just be that they are getting Bour with several years of team control at 1b so they might be willing to part with him considering there has been some drama surrounding him there recently. We also would have 0 first base options should we trade Bour so that would be a prudent move. I think Bird could end up being better than Bour so if they could buy low on him i hope they would do it, but i have 0 confidence in any potential buy low opportunity being realized by this front office.

I'd go after Mateo because they already have Gregorious and Gleyber torres and a few other middle infielders and we need a long term SS.

Then add in a couple of their better starters.

I really hope these trades focus more on return than money. Obviously you arent going to get anything for a guy like Wei Yin Chen, but trading Prado along with a guy like Bour simply for money reasons while reducing potential return in a deal for Bour is a horrible strategy. This should be about rebuilding our farm system, not just dumping money.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'd be cool with Bour, Prado, and Ramos to the Yankees for Mateo, Chance Adams, and Greg Bird.

Then Ozuna to the Braves for Albies, Acuna , and Allard/Soroka or another one of their starters..
                  Dump Gordon's salary so longterm our lineup would be:

C- Realmuto
                  1b- Bird
                  2b- Albies/Mateo
                  SS-Albies/Mateo
                  3b- Anderson
                  Lf- Acuna
                  CF- Yeich
                  Rf- Stanton

Plus we would have added some desperately needed talent at SP. I like that plan.

That reminds me, have we heard anything on Dee Gordon being traded?
                  Marlins FO love Bird. The reports out of NY are Bird is hated up there-gets hurt and the team questions if he really wants to play baseball.

U could go with Mateo OR if u want a guy who is ready right now but ceiling is not as high is Tyler Wade

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

Gordon/Prado/Chen are all gonna be here unless u package them with a Bour/Ozuna/Yelich or throw cash in the deal. Boston called on Prado and RP too,told us they want $ in the deal too. Its not about dumping money its clearing players off the team-what is the point of a rebuild if u have 35 yr old Prado on the team?

What u don't understand tho is if we trade guys its not gonna be 1 or 2,its gonna be 15-18 of 25 guys gone. Its gonna be a total rebuild and it really doesnt matter if u get 1B in this deal. Its gonna be get the most talent possible. U get the MOST u can get in the deal no matter what position they play. Its the same if u trade with St Louis,u ask for Carson Kelly in any deal not because u need him but because he is the best they got. Plus Tomas Telis can play 1b!!! HAHA

- - - - - - - - - -

What u will likely see is Bour and either Phelps/McGowan/Ziegler for Wade,Bird or Andujar,an arm and maybe 1 or 2 low level prospects.

Comment

Marlins FO love Bird. The reports out of NY are Bird is hated up there-gets hurt and the team questions if he really wants to play baseball.

U could go with Mateo OR if u want a guy who is ready right now but ceiling is not as high is Tyler Wade

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL

Gordon/Prado/Chen are all gonna be here unless u package them with a Bour/Ozuna/Yelich or throw cash in the deal. Boston called on Prado and RP too,told us they want $ in the deal too. Its not about dumping money its clearing players off the team-what is the point of a rebuild if u have 35 yr old Prado on the team?

What u don't understand tho is if we trade guys its not gonna be 1 or 2,its gonna be 15-18 of 25 guys gone. Its gonna be a total rebuild and it really doesnt matter if u get 1B in this deal. Its gonna be get the most talent possible. U get the MOST u can get in the deal no matter what position they play. Its the same if u trade with St Louis,u ask for Carson Kelly in any deal not because u need him but because he is the best they got. Plus Tomas Telis can play 1b!!! HAHA
                    My point was that the rebuild is much less effective when you are taking away from your own return on your best assets. Getting rid of Prado's salary isnt as important as rebuilding the farm system again. So if we have to take on Prado's salary for the next year or 2 and let him be the steady 3b he is then im cool with that and we could look to trade him in a different deal. I understand what you are saying, I just dont want to lessen the talent acquired for our best assets because we want to get rid of salary. Plus we dont really have any surefire, soon to be ready replacement for Prado anyways.

Your last paragraph is what I want, but it is also against what you initially said. Get me the most talent possible, then find other ways to dump salary. Guys who can get huge returns should not be offset with contracts to significantly reduce our return. Talent should be priority 1, dumping salary 2. Cause our salaries aside from Chen are useful. Prado can still play 3b, Volquez belongs in a major league rotation, Gordon is a good 2b, Stanton is a prolific power bat, etc.

- - - - - - - - - -

My top 3 trade partners would be Atlanta, Houston, and NYY. If we trade Ozuna i really want to see how we could get one of those HOU OF prospects.

Comment

My point was that the rebuild is much less effective when you are taking away from your own return on your best assets. Getting rid of Prado's salary isnt as important as rebuilding the farm system again. So if we have to take on Prado's salary for the next year or 2 and let him be the steady 3b he is then im cool with that and we could look to trade him in a different deal. I understand what you are saying, I just dont want to lessen the talent acquired for our best assets because we want to get rid of salary. Plus we dont really have any surefire, soon to be ready replacement for Prado anyways.

Your last paragraph is what I want, but it is also against what you initially said. Get me the most talent possible, then find other ways to dump salary. Guys who can get huge returns should not be offset with contracts to significantly reduce our return. Talent should be priority 1, dumping salary 2. Cause our salaries aside from Chen are useful. Prado can still play 3b, Volquez belongs in a major league rotation, Gordon is a good 2b, Stanton is a prolific power bat, etc.

- - - - - - - - - -

My top 3 trade partners would be Atlanta, Houston, and NYY. If we trade Ozuna i really want to see how we could get one of those HOU OF prospects.
                      If u trade Ozuna(which I wouldn't bet on anymore-seems new owners would prefer to deal with him) every team in MLB would be interested.

I agree I would keep guys who are signed past 18/19 and let the new owners deal with them. Maybe Rothbaum or Mas would be cool with throwing in 10 million and getting a solid prospect for Prado. Jeff would but u know Mike Hill getting the 5 yr 10 million dollars was more important

Comment

If u trade Ozuna(which I wouldn't bet on anymore-seems new owners would prefer to deal with him) every team in MLB would be interested.

I agree I would keep guys who are signed past 18/19 and let the new owners deal with them. Maybe Rothbaum or Mas would be cool with throwing in 10 million and getting a solid prospect for Prado. Jeff would but u know Mike Hill getting the 5 yr 10 million dollars was more important
                        The Mike Hill + other front office guys last second extensions are not getting nearly the amount of attention I thought they would. Screw Loria.

Comment

• This is the reason why the an agreement on selling the team this week is so important. If he doesn't then it gives them 2 weeks to trade $$$ and all.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          The Mike Hill + other front office guys last second extensions are not getting nearly the amount of attention I thought they would. Screw Loria.
                          Not really a big deal Its his $. Soon as new owners agree they are gonna fire everyone anyway plus u just deduct the amount he gave to FO guys and subtract that from the 1.3 asking price

Say he paid 25 million to his FO boys-instead of starting at 1.3 billion u start at 1.275

Comment

• Jeff Locke cleared Waivers and MLB trade rumors says Boston interested in Prado and Phelps.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Bob Nightengale says 3 teams have called on Dee Gordon.

Comment

• I just don't like the idea of this front office being in charge of trading guys. They've gotten bent over a barrel (often willingly because of $$$, and it sounds like this is again the motivation) far too many times for me to trust them to make good moves. Sure we've had the occasional Barraclough for Cishek moves, but too often the moves are bad. Or do they sell decently but are terrible at buying?

I'd rather the team remain intact for whoever buys the team to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X