Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...161302008.html

Barring any trade offers that are too tempting to refuse, those players who the Marlins intend to keep include outfielders Christian Yelich and Marcell Ozuna, catcher J.T. Realmuto, starting pitcher Dan Straily and first baseman Justin Bour.

“I would do a complete fire sale,” opined one National League source who has had conversations with the Marlins’ front office. “But they’re not going to. I’ve been told Realmuto, Yelich, Ozuna and Straily are untouchable.”

- - - - - - - - - -

Gotta love how everyone in baseball knows the Fish need to have a fire sale except the Owner/GM!!

He can't right now because of the sale(All the groups wanna make decisions on those guys themselves) but if he wasn't selling the idiot would probably be happy trying to add old cheap pieces like last year

U are looking at the list of 15 guys I mentioned earlier as guys gone or tradeable(since a team can't get rid of 15 guys)
    Eh, I think if he didn't have his mind on selling, he would've blown it up last offseason with everyone getting expensive.

Comment

• Arizona in on Phelps and AJ.

No point in mentioning every rumor on them,lets just say this. There are about 15-20 teams who are very interested in AJ,Phelps,McGowan,Bearclaw and another 5 in that 15-20 who also like Tazawa,Ziegler,Ellington,Koehler

As long as Mike Hill decides to work the next 2 weeks we should be able to get nice deals for a few of these guys

Comment

• We can sign 27 yr olds for A Ball but can't take a chance on a 27 yr old Henderson Alvarez. Sign him to a minor league deal and let him throw in the GCL(atleast u own the rights if he looks good)

Alvarez signed with the Long Island Ducks

Comment

• Yeah, I just saw the Alvarez news. Why wouldn't we take a flier on him and see if he has anything? We certainly need pitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            Yeah, I just saw the Alvarez news. Why wouldn't we take a flier on him and see if he has anything? We certainly need pitching.
            He either wants to sign with a contender or Jeff has packed it in and doesn't care anymore

Comment

• Well if no MLB teams took a flier on him, there has to be something significantly wrong.

Comment

• Jon Heyman with a tweet today

prospective marlins buyer jorge mas played 2B at christopher columbus high in Miami. his hs coach? ex-cubs gm jim hendry

Wouldn't want him as a GM but could be valuable in a FO

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Well if no MLB teams took a flier on him, there has to be something significantly wrong.
                Well we should know quick when he throws for them and then signs with someone or not. Just was saying why not offer him a minor league deal and get his rights first?

Comment

• He had some kind of live showcase for teams. Just saying if he couldn't secure something from that. There must have been something glaring. Wish him all the best though. It would've been a great story if he could've made his comeback with us I agree.

Comment

• In addition to Jim Hendry also says this

•If Mas does get the team, look for former major-leaguer and current union executive Jose Cruz Jr. to have a prominent role with the team. Cruz is a Rice graduate with considerable smarts, and said to be “like a son” to Mas, who is well known in Miami baseball circles. Ken Rosenthal of MLB Network first reported on this connection.

Comment

• Remember when Jose Cruz Jr. dropped that easy fly ball in the 2003 NLDS game three? I was there live, what a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        Remember when Jose Cruz Jr. dropped that easy fly ball in the 2003 NLDS game three? I was there live, what a game.
                        He was a classmate of mine in one of my UM sports management classes while I was there in like 2012.

Comment

• I'd be down for Hendry in the FO and Cruz somewhere as well. Don't really want Hendry as the GM but always thought he got a bad rap. It wasn't his fault that the Cubs unraveled in 2003 with 5 outs left, wasn't his fault that Dusty Baker abused Wood and Prior. The 2004 Cubs team was legit too.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• IDK if he would leave Chicago but id see if Jed Hoyer wants to come run his own team here.

Comment

• From Craig Mish:

"News : Teams are calling Marlins on Stanton. Belief is he may be willing to waive no trade clause. Showing most interest : SF Giants"

The notion of hoping he'll waive his NTC is so ridiculous to me. You know the Marlins are going to take a weak package back just to get rid of the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                                From Craig Mish:

"News : Teams are calling Marlins on Stanton. Belief is he may be willing to waive no trade clause. Showing most interest : SF Giants"

The notion of hoping he'll waive his NTC is so ridiculous to me. You know the Marlins are going to take a weak package back just to get rid of the money.
                                Actually about 10 team have "called" they all need 2 things to happen which is #1 Stanton waives his No Trade to that team and #2 Stanton agrees to opt out in 2020. He has agreed to neither which is why no talks have gone anywhere. This is another reason u hear the groups saying they wanna rebuild the belief is that if its Stanton and a total rebuild he would rather go somewhere and WIN rather than make 200 million and suck

If he agrees to opt out in 2020 before the trade u will get a decent package for him because the team he gets dealt to knows the contract isn't that bad. Now if he agrees to waive his NO trade but not his opt out u are looking at him to SF,SD,LAA,LAD in a salary dump for 1 or 2 low level prospects that will be crap

Comment

Working...
                                X