Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geemoney View Post
    Heyman on Twitter: Straily trade "less than likely."

Morosi on Twitter:Source: #Marlins in active discussions on a Dan Straily trade, but no agreement is close

Comment

• Remember when the trade deadline used to be fun?

Comment

• Gray to NYY for CF Mateo,OF Dustin Fowler and RHP Kaprelian

Amazing how good GM's know when its time to move on and get great value

NYY also gets another $1.5 million in IFA Cash
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Remember when the trade deadline used to be fun?
          It's always more fun on the buying side.

Comment

• It's a good haul, not a great haul. Fowler had a devastating injury. Kaprielan's has had injury problems this year and Mateo struggled at High-A, but has raked so far in AA. I'd want at least this type of return to deal Straily.

Comment

• Amazing how we only traded 2 relievers. TJ said at least 15 guys on the current roster would be traded before the season ended. I guess we're going to set the record for August trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Amazing how we only traded 2 relievers. TJ said at least 15 guys on the current roster would be traded before the season ended. I guess we're going to set the record for August trades.
                LOL, I was thinking about that tj comment about 15 guys being traded earlier today.

Comment

• 22 minutes left

Comment

• We were busy today! Lots of guys on the move!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Gray to NYY for CF Mateo,OF Dustin Fowler and RHP Kaprelian

Amazing how good GM's know when its time to move on and get great value

NYY also gets another $1.5 million in IFA Cash
                      You think that's great value for a 27 year old controllable starter with a career ERA under 4? It's a decent return, but far from overwhelming in what's supposed to be a seller's market.

Comment

• Dodgers fans have to have mixed feelings (small sample size but Yu's been brutal in July but he has a long track record of being great).

If the Dodgers don't go to the World Series this year they'll never do it.

Comment

• Doesn't look like the Dodgers gave up a ton, though.

Comment

• Overall, I cant complain much about what Hill and the Marlins did here. Trading Hech, Phelps, and Ramos for 8 useful prospects while not trading away any major core pieces is fine with me. I'm sure there will be more heavy lifting done in the off season, but hopefully that will be a different front office doing the work...which is what I wanted to happen. Keeping Straily is also fine. He's a quality pitcher, so no use giving him away. He will still be just as valuable in the winter/2018 trade deadline as he is now.

The 2 relievers are replaceable and it will allow Tazawa and Ziegler to work in more high-leverage situations. If they succeed over the next couple of weeks, I'm sure there will be a market for them by the August deadline.

Comment

• This front office is inept at literally every aspect possible. Buyers? We will overpay and buy high. Sellers? We either dont sell who we should sell or end up getting underwhelming returns. Player deveopment? Nonexistent. Drafting? We are single handedly keeping James Andrews in business. There is nothing this front office is good at.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                This front office is inept at literally every aspect possible. Buyers? We will overpay and buy high. Sellers? We either dont sell who we should sell or end up getting underwhelming returns. Player deveopment? Nonexistent. Drafting? We are single handedly keeping James Andrews in business. There is nothing this front office is good at.
                                Well I certainly don't like this front office, but I was good with the returns in the 3 trades. I think they got solid value back. I also didn't want them selling any core players...leave that for whoever comes next (hopefully soon).

Comment

Working...
                                X