No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They better get a haul for Straily now. The good thing about the Ramos trade in division. When he can't find the strikezone our guys should know to just stand there he will walk you enventually. Then hang a breaking ball to the next hitter.

Comment

• The reason they took less players for AJ is because the arm they got they LOVE!!! They think Gonzalez is a #2 SP and they aren't the only ones,alot of ML teams were amazed the Mets would trade him for a RP. Another arm for 2019

Also Cespedes is a sleeper. This has been a lost season because of injuries but is still 19 and LY finished 6th in Batting in the Appy League at 18(Top 5 were all 22+). He is a 5 tool guy with his best tool his bat

Comment

• I saw this on Twitter:

Marlins GM to Mattingly
        "We got an OF from the Mets."
        "We got Cespedes?!"
        "Not that Cespedes."

Comment

• Still talking with alot of teams. AJ Ellis(Frisaro says 3 teams)Cubs,Colorado are 2 but any playoff team would prefer him over a young guy,McGowan,Tazawa,Ichiro,Dee Gordon,DD and Straily are all getting hits

Cleveland is a team to watch with us. In on bullpen and backups

Brad Ziegler and Volquez(if back) will be gone by Sept 1

As soon as Gray goes the Straily market will be nuts. LA Dodgers might even rather have Straily-Oakland and Texas both want 1 of Verdugo or Buechler while we are happy with Willie Calhoun,Mitchell White,Yadier Alvarez as headliner. LAD/Houston/NYY/Cubs still in on Straily AND yes he is "off" the market but only because they havent got that big offer they want yet. If they get an offer they like he is gone

Clark Spencer says NYY/Colorado/Milwaukee/KC in on him. All 4 teams have very nice systems

- - - - - - - - - -

Also Ellington is getting some hits. Kinda split on what to do with him but he could be gone to for the right price
          Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• What a coincidence all these teams seem to have the same prospects in the Top 5(Not the Elite) NYY-Tyler Wade,Dodgers-Willie Calhoun,KC-Raul Mondesi Jr,Colorado-Ryan McMahon,Milwaukee-Isan Diaz/Dubon(All ML Ready 2B). This is what they are trying to sell teams on for Straily-instead of giving up your best prospect for a Sonny Gray or Darvish why not give up an A prospect and some arms? Its hasnt worked yet but thats what they are trying

See consistent with what been telling teams like the Cubs. They told Cubs they had what they wanted for AJ/Ellis but NOT Straily

If they do tho,Dee Gordon is likely on his way out with some cash
            Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• It was an "okay" return. Nothing amazing. I like Gonzalez. Cespedes was a highly touted IFA who hasn't put it together. He's still super young. Given that he and Brayan Hernandez were both young IFAs with big bonuses I have to figure that they are guys the Marlins scouted, didn't want to pay up for, and later acquired. I have no problem with it.

This is the return I expected from Ramos, but I *hoped* for a 3rd (or closer) player because Ramos has the 2018 control. I'm fine with it.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                It was an "okay" return. Nothing amazing. I like Gonzalez. Cespedes was a highly touted IFA who hasn't put it together. He's still super young. Given that he and Brayan Hernandez were both young IFAs with big bonuses I have to figure that they are guys the Marlins scouted, didn't want to pay up for, and later acquired. I have no problem with it.

This is the return I expected from Ramos, but I *hoped* for a 3rd (or closer) player because Ramos has the 2018 control. I'm fine with it.
                Well they liked Gonzalez so much they didnt wanna push it. They were asking for 3 players but Gonzalez will be 22 in AA and ready by 2019. Rather have him then 2 22/23 yr old in A Ball

Its like the Seattle deal-it was suppose to be Hernandez,Schraldi and Max Povse but last second they took Lopez and Miller instead of Povse

Mike Hill deserves some credit, he has gotten 8 decent to better prospects for the system for 3 guys who weren't gonna be on the team next year. In past years we would have held onto Hech,Ramos and Phelps and just non tendered them in the offseason
                Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• ANother team who now has Straily at #1 on list. Ask for Luis Ortiz,Isan Diaz or Mauricio Dubon plus more for Straily and a RP

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale · 4m4 minutes ago

Talks with #Brewers and #Athletics for Sonny Gray have stalled. The #As are insisting on CF Lewis Brinson. The Brewers won't trade him.
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Idk why but i feel like the brewers are a good match for straily and our farm. Hill is doing a solid job. We dont have any sure fire guys but weve added a number of interesting pitching prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Idk why but i feel like the brewers are a good match for straily and our farm. Hill is doing a solid job. We dont have any sure fire guys but weve added a number of interesting pitching prospects.
                      Because they are a perfect fit. Have everything we would want and we have scouted them very hard for 2 months now

Top SP-Ortiz,Woodruff,Burnes. Plus 4/5 Mid level SP-Peralta,Diplon,Supak,Ponce
                      2B-Diaz,Dubon
                      Toolsy OF-Brett Phillips,Trent Clark,Monte Harrison,Jake Gatewood

- - - - - - - - - -

Honestly Milwaukee,NYY,Colorado,LA are all perfect fits and KC isnt bad either

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Still talking with alot of teams. AJ Ellis(Frisaro says 3 teams)Cubs,Colorado are 2 but any playoff team would prefer him over a young guy,McGowan,Tazawa,Ichiro,Dee Gordon,DD and Straily are all getting hits

As soon as Gray goes the Straily market will be nuts. LA Dodgers might even rather have Straily-Oakland and Texas both want 1 of Verdugo or Buechler while we are happy with Willie Calhoun,Mitchell White,Yadier Alvarez as headliner. LAD/Houston/NYY/Cubs still in on Straily AND yes he is "off" the market but only because they havent got that big offer they want yet. If they get an offer they like he is gone

Clark Spencer says NYY/Colorado/Milwaukee/KC in on him. All 4 teams have very nice systems

- - - - - - - - - -

Also Ellington is getting some hits. Kinda split on what to do with him but he could be gone to for the right price
                        Joel Sherman‏Verified account @Joelsherman1 · 13h13 hours ago

#Nationals #Cubs #Rangers #Indians #Brewers all had been talking about Ramos with #Marlins

Don't be surprised if we still make a RP trade with 1 of those teams(beside Texas). All have interest in McGowan. Really sucks about Bearclaw injury cause the interest was out of control. Still some teams interested in him but doubtful
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• tjfla did a great job with his inside info mentioning the Mets as an interested team in Ramos.

Oh wait, he didn't.

Comment

• Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick · 2m2 minutes ago

#Marlins are extremely open to discussing Dee Gordon, who has a .694 OPS and is guaranteed $38M after this season. Not much traffic there

Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick · 2m2 minutes ago

Daily Dan Straily update: The #Marlins are open to offers on him, and several teams are keeping in touch.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            tjfla did a great job with his inside info mentioning the Mets as an interested team in Ramos.

Oh wait, he didn't.
                            No one had them as an interested team. Heard 5/6 teams(see Joel Sherman tweet those were the teams plus TB) Sh*t even the Mets fans/insiders couldnt believe it

Its what happens when a team blows another away-no need to talk anymore(which is where the info gets out) they just exchange medicals and then say YES. I wouldnt be surprised if they talked only 24 hrs on AJ while other teams like Wash/Cubs/TB/Colorado have talked 2 weeks

This is what they want to happen on Straily-some team just calls says this is what we are offering and Mike Hill runs to dial MLB
                            Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Still talking with alot of teams. AJ Ellis(Frisaro says 3 teams)Cubs,Colorado are 2 but any playoff team would prefer him over a young guy,McGowan,Tazawa,Ichiro,Dee Gordon,DD and Straily are all getting hits

- - - - - - - - - -

So knowing the Marlins, they won't wait for Gray to move and have more leverage, they'll trade Straily for the ball boy a bag of balls and act like they got some fantastic deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                So knowing the Marlins, they won't wait for Gray to move and have more leverage, they'll trade Straily for the ball boy a bag of balls and act like they got some fantastic deal.
                                Well Oakland has already told teams what they want

Mil-Brinson
                                Atl-Acuna
                                NYY-Floriel
                                LA-Verdugo

So long as u dont ask for that(Top Prospect in the system) u should be OK. Plus about 6 teams want Gray and only 1 can get him. Actually Mike Hill has done pretty well over the past month-still dont trust but alot better!!

Comment

Working...
                                X