No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, I'm good with them dealing Prado or the pen guys, but we've been hosed on pretty much every deal when we've traded guys in their prime.

Comment

• http://nypost.com/2017/07/09/marlins...eir-relievers/

There's an article from Joel Sherman of the New York Post

MIAMI — The Yankees are among many contenders who have contacted the Marlins about relievers David Phelps and AJ Ramos.

The Yanks also have been connected with first baseman Justin Bour in case Greg Bird cannot return from injury. But multiple sources said Miami is currently concentrating on moving relievers closing in on free agency (both Phelps and Ramos could be free after the 2018 season).

There have been a few nibbles also on reliever Brad Ziegler and starter Edinson Volquez
      , who are both under control through next season. Third baseman Martin Prado — under contract through 2019 — could be in play with the Red Sox a possible suitor.

For now, though, the Marlins consider players such as Bour, J.T. Realmuto, Christian Yelich, Marcell Ozuna and Dan Straily off-limits, and by the sheer immensity of his contract, Giancarlo Stanton also is going nowhere. But officials inside and outside the franchise caution the situation is fluid.

The Marlins are up for sale and the expectation is an agreement could come not long after they host the All-Star festivities. Miami-based Cuban businessman Jorge Mas is viewed as the front-runner by those monitoring the situation because he has the most ready cash to complete a deal.

Mike Hill, the Marlins’ president of baseball operations, said he is still taking orders only from current owner Jeffrey Loria and team president David Samson. He said he has no marching orders to, say, lower payroll or add prospects as a way to make a sale more appealing — the Marlins are believed to be losing between $60 million-$80 million this year.

“There has been nothing on my radar as far as having to make a trade [for the benefit of the sale],” Hill said.

Therefore, for now, Phelps and Ramos are the most likely pieces to move. The Marlins have canvassed 20 farm systems, with the Yankees, Nationals, Rangers, Red Sox, Indians and Rays among those who have checked in.
      As we've been discussing, seems like the relievers and Prado are most likely to go. That's the first I've heard of Ziegler and Volquez having nibbles, which is good.

The bold is good news to hear that it sounds like they're being smart and keeping the core guys.....lets hope anyway.

---

Here's an article from Jon Heyman echoing Sherman's article:

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/mar...going-nowhere/

“We aren’t talking about those guys,” Hill told FanRag Sports.

While the Marlins are talking to several teams about their relievers, with closer A.J. Ramos and set-up man David Phelps believed to be drawing serious interest, their sale may not be quite as thrilling as some predicted, barring a change of heart. (Hill also said there have been no talks involving superstar slugger Giancarlo Stanton, either.)

Though others have seen the Marlins as open-minded regarding everyone, Hill was pretty clear that trades of those type of talented and cost-efficient players make no sense for their team. When asked about coming star Justin Bour, a first baseman who like Stanton will be competing in Monday’s All-Star Home Run Derby, and who had been linked in a report to the Yankees, Hill said that Bour “goes into the same basket” as the other three, meaning no go. “He’s a pre-arb, 20-home run bat,” Hill explained.
      Last edited by rmc523; 07-10-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Ya guys like JT,Yelich,Ozuna,Straily are off limits right now and thats NOT because we are holding onto them tho. It has more to do with both groups telling Jeff that they want to make the decisions on them.

Gordon,Stanton,Prado are in the same boat but thats due to the contracts. The issue with Prado is both Boston and NYY have told us they want cash in the deal and Jeff ain't giving cash. This is the reason u keep hearing names like Bour/Ramos included in deals with him.

The "agreement" that Jeff has with MLB and both groups(like I have said for 2 weeks now) is ANYONE that doesn't have a contract after 2018-19 can be dealt. That means FA,Non Tender guys and even some club controlled(Straily,Urena,Wittgren,Riddle,Rojas are ones NOT on the list) can be dealt.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dont be surprised to see about 15 guys dealt or even DFA before Sept 1

Volquez,Ziegler,Tawaza,Bearclaw,McGowan,Phelps,Ram os,AJ Ellis,Ichiro,DD,Prado,Ellington,Moore,Koehler,Bour

Then when the new owners take over Gordon,Stanton and either Ozuna or Yelich(depending on the owner I have heard) are likely gone.

Its still gonna be a TOTAL rebuild before the 18/19 season with only about 5-7 guys left

The thing with Stanton is both groups wanna get away from his contract so eventually he will have to choose. Get traded and opt out in 2020 OR get paid and stick in Miami for a total tank.
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-10-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• There is a HUGH amount of speculation in your post, tjfla.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            There is a HUGH amount of speculation in your post, tjfla.
            No speculation. This Thursday we should start hearing rumblings and by this time next week teams will be shopping at our 15 player garage sale. Soon as Jeff Loria ass kissing week ends on Wed business will start.

I know Nick-total BS

Comment

• Of course it is. No way in hell they'll be trading/releasing 15 guys off their 25-Man roster by the end of this season. Stop acting like you know what the next ownership will do, that's absurd. At this point it's just as likely another group/owner that we're not even aware of swoops in and buys the team and also just as likely Loria's still holding out for more money in 2018.

I don't get it man, you're a knowledgeable poster, you're a quality active member of this forum. Why do you have to push the things you find on twitter plus your blatant speculations as some kind of inside info? It'll never make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                No speculation. This Thursday we should start hearing rumblings and by this time next week teams will be shopping at our 15 player garage sale. Soon as Jeff Loria ass kissing week ends on Wed business will start.

I know Nick-total BS
                As long as it means Loria is gone, I'm ok with dealing any player. I just don't want Loria to be the one making the deals for anything more than relievers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  Of course it is. No way in hell they'll be trading/releasing 15 guys off their 25-Man roster by the end of this season. Stop acting like you know what the next ownership will do, that's absurd. At this point it's just as likely another group/owner that we're not even aware of swoops in and buys the team and also just as likely Loria's still holding out for more money in 2018.

I don't get it man, you're a knowledgeable poster, you're a quality active member of this forum. Why do you have to push the things you find on twitter plus your blatant speculations as some kind of inside info? It'll never make sense to me.
                  I dont get why u just dont block me then u would never have to read my speculation that makes no sense. Its easy to know what the next ownership will do when they leak info left and right. Everyone behind the scenes know the info,just like that as soon as after the ASG Jeff is gone. People have mentioned that by 18/19 Jeff wanted to be gone and then u see them give everyone they sign a 2 yr deal that end before the 2018/19 season!!

Why not? 7 of the guys aren't gonna be around anyways next year

I do love how when I say stuff a week before the national guys do its consider BS until they say it. Then when I put up info they say its I am copying them
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-10-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Ya guys like JT,Yelich,Ozuna,Straily are off limits right now and thats NOT because we are holding onto them tho. It has more to do with both groups telling Jeff that they want to make the decisions on them.

Gordon,Stanton,Prado are in the same boat but thats due to the contracts. The issue with Prado is both Boston and NYY have told us they want cash in the deal and Jeff ain't giving cash. This is the reason u keep hearing names like Bour/Ramos included in deals with him.

The "agreement" that Jeff has with MLB and both groups(like I have said for 2 weeks now) is ANYONE that doesn't have a contract after 2018-19 can be dealt. That means FA,Non Tender guys and even some club controlled(Straily,Urena,Wittgren,Riddle,Rojas are ones NOT on the list) can be dealt.

- - - - - - - - - -

Volquez,Ziegler,Tawaza,Bearclaw,McGowan,Phelps,Ram os,AJ Ellis,Ichiro,DD,Prado,Ellington,Moore,Koehler,Bour

Then when the new owners take over Gordon,Stanton and either Ozuna or Yelich(depending on the owner I have heard) are likely gone.

Its still gonna be a TOTAL rebuild before the 18/19 season with only about 5-7 guys left

The thing with Stanton is both groups wanna get away from his contract so eventually he will have to choose. Get traded and opt out in 2020 OR get paid and stick in Miami for a total tank.
                    The only one of your 15 that surprises me is Bour. The rest don't surprise me......but I doubt ALL of them will be traded as you imply. Several of them, sure, but not all of them.

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    As long as it means Loria is gone, I'm ok with dealing any player. I just don't want Loria to be the one making the deals for anything more than relievers.
                    For me, I wouldn't say any player - keep at least core guys like Yelich, Realmuto, Bour and go from there. But yes, I don't want Loria/Lorias FO in charge of major trades.

It's a shame that we have a great lineup that's finally all together, healthy, and clicking, but we don't have the pitching. Needless to say, having Jose would've made a huge difference this year.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Ya guys like JT,Yelich,Ozuna,Straily are off limits right now and thats NOT because we are holding onto them tho. It has more to do with both groups telling Jeff that they want to make the decisions on them.

- - - - - - - - - -

The only one of your 15 that surprises me is Bour. The rest don't surprise me......but I doubt ALL of them will be traded as you imply. Several of them, sure, but not all of them.

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    For me, I wouldn't say any player - keep at least core guys like Yelich, Realmuto, Bour and go from there. But yes, I don't want Loria/Lorias FO in charge of major trades.

It's a shame that we have a great lineup that's finally all together, healthy, and clicking, but we don't have the pitching. Needless to say, having Jose would've made a huge difference this year.

Comment

• Well I would consider Bour a longshot to be deal but its possible. Guys like JT,Yelich,Ozuna,Straily wont even be discussed right now. Bour,Stanton,Gordon,Prado are being listened on but longshots until a new owner is agreed on

U guys realize we aren't tendering guys right? So AJ,Koehler,Phelps,Tyler Moore are likely gone next year. McGowan,AJ Ellis are FA

So 6 guys are gone next year which is why they are trying to get stuff for them

Tazawa,Ziegler,Volquez,Ichiro are FA after next year and Jeff isn't gonna pay for them to pitch

Thats 10 guys right there

Ellington/Bearclaw are getting tons of attention and if someone wants Prado without any cash thrown in he is gone too

What people dont get is even if Jeff agrees this month with someone he will likely own the team into next year. Its not like he agrees and the new owners take over the next day. This is going to be over months from now which means Jeff could still have to pay guys for next season. No way in hell he is paying 25 million for 4 guys
                      Last edited by tjfla; 07-10-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• If you say Jeff Loria ass kissing week again I'm going to formally request you be banned forever.

Comment

Well I would consider Bour a longshot to be deal but its possible. Guys like JT,Yelich,Ozuna,Straily wont even be discussed right now. Bour,Stanton,Gordon,Prado are being listened on but longshots until a new owner is agreed on

U guys realize we aren't tendering guys right? So AJ,Koehler,Phelps,Tyler Moore are likely gone next year. McGowan,AJ Ellis are FA

So 6 guys are gone next year which is why they are trying to get stuff for them

Tazawa,Ziegler,Volquez,Ichiro are FA after next year and Jeff isn't gonna pay for them to pitch

Thats 10 guys right there

Ellington/Bearclaw are getting tons of attention and if someone wants Prado without any cash thrown in he is gone too

What people dont get is even if Jeff agrees this month with someone he will likely own the team into next year. Its not like he agrees and the new owners take over the next day. This is going to be over months from now which means Jeff could still have to pay guys for next season. No way in hell he is paying 25 million for 4 guys
                          That's why I said, most of your list of 15 doesn't surprise me, and that I wouldn't be surprised to see many of them dealt; I just don't think ALL of them will be gone.

Comment

• If I am a potential new owner for PR reasons I'd prefer to have the fire sale with Loria as the owner. IMO if a new owner comes in and blows it up people are gonna say different owner same shit.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                              If I am a potential new owner for PR reasons I'd prefer to have the fire sale with Loria as the owner. IMO if a new owner comes in and blows it up people are gonna say different owner same shit.
                              I can agree with that.

But knowing the front office, they'd screw it up.

Comment

• Dave Dombrowski's not showing up to handle our firesale this time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X