No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd trust Alderson. Took a train wreck and built a World Series rotation. He's also aware of the importance of a great bullpen in postseason play, and he's pretty good at getting value in his deals for the most part. Nobody really predicted their rotation falling apart like it did, because not long ago they had one of the best starting groups in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      The Marlins being the Marlins, they trade AJ when his ERA+ is 114.

Is that trash? It's subjective.

But it's funny seeing all these AJ fans popping out of nowhere.

The dude blew some critical games this year. And 98% of the board was like "get rid of this MF!".

Go see how excited Mets fans are about acquiring AJ.
      He went 20/22 in save situations and his ERA is inflated because he got no work early in the year (when the team couldn't win a game) and he had some really bad outings in low leverage situations that meant nothing.

I don't know why so many fans disliked Ramos. He was one of the few relievers in franchise history who never fully imploded. You would think that after watching guys like Jorge Julio, Heath Bell, last year of Steve Cishek, etc., we'd appreciate a guy saving about 90% of his chances a little more. He was a very solid reliever for us.

Comment

• It's always about getting value for your players. I never look at it in terms of players I like and players I don't. It's seeing the market and knowing when to react. I mentioned a year ago that the time to trade Ramos was in the 2016 offseason when the closer market boomed.

This isn't the first time the Marlins failed to notice a particular point to take advantage on.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's always about getting value for your players. I never look at it in terms of players I like and players I don't. It's seeing the market and knowing when to react. I mentioned a year ago that the time to trade Ramos was in the 2016 offseason when the closer market boomed.

This isn't the first time the Marlins failed to notice a particular point to take advantage on.

Comment

• I didn't hate Ramos. He was very solid for us overall during his time, but I also viewed him as a 7th inning guy that we just happened to be using in the closer role.

Comment

• Moving forward, it'll be interesting to see who the next closer is. If Steckenrider gains some consistency with his breaking ball, it'll probably be him because he throws strikes and gets swings and misses with his fastball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
              He went 20/22 in save situations and his ERA is inflated because he got no work early in the year (when the team couldn't win a game) and he had some really bad outings in low leverage situations that meant nothing.

I don't know why so many fans disliked Ramos.

I know you personally gave up on the Marlins at the end of April, some of us did not.

And in arguably his most important outing of the season -after the Marlins finished off the 1st half with a road sweep- up in the top of the 9th vs the world beater Dodgers, AJ completely threw up all over his cleats in the first game of the 2nd half.

*AMF, AJ.

*Adios Mother Fucker

- - - - - - - - - -

I think there will be one team that will absolutely overpay for Straily within the next 48 hours.

Dodgers?

Comment

I know you personally gave up on the Marlins at the end of April, some of us did not.

And in arguably his most important outing of the season -after the Marlins finished off the 1st half with a road sweep- up in the top of the 9th vs the world beater Dodgers, AJ completely threw up all over his cleats in the first game of the 2nd half.

*AMF, AJ.

*Adios Mother Fucker
                I hope you're not blaming the season on that loss. Every closer in baseball has blown a save or two. Some even five, six, or seven.

Comment

• I'm not blaming the season on that loss. But that was a huge game for this team. There is no denying that. That loss is on him.

I'm blaming the season on Jose dying (RIP), an awful bullpen and years of poor Front Office management coming back to haunt us.

- - - - - - - - - -

And Chen. Chen is such a giant waste of money.

So mostly Chen.

Comment

• Just saw some videos of Gonzalez. I don't really like how he throws. Motion is similar to Henry Owens (remember him?) lol. But yea not sure he's a starter in the long run.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Moving forward, it'll be interesting to see who the next closer is.
                      Probably Brad Z.

Comment

Probably Brad Z.
                        Brad Z has been terrible this year but not a bad idea. And it seems like you're right. Hopefully he does well and we can get some value for him in the offseason.

Comment

• Brad Zieglers ERA+ in 2015/2016 compared to this year just makes my penis sad.

Comment

• Ziegler/Tazawa was not a bad plan B after striking out with Jansen. Don't think there's a single person who predicted a combined 5.83 ERA this year between the two of them. I compare those signings to the Salty, Morse, and Chen signings in recent years. In theory they were all good signings, but something just didn't click when they came here. Could be some long term coaching or stability problems given how often players with success elsewhere come to Miami and suddenly fail spectacularly.

- - - - - - - - - -

Marlins have been in an odd spot since 2014. They aren't in full on seller mode, but they also won't put the effort to become such big buyers that you need to do to become a playoff team. They constantly sign the 2nd tier of free agents or trade for the 2nd or 3rd tier of players because they didn't have the prospects to do so.

It's really hard to admit that the team needs to tear it down. Nobody wants to sit and watch a 2013 season all over again. It sucks and it kills both attendance and care in the team. But this squad is stuck as a 75 to 82 win team and barring a MAJOR free agent signing that isn't changing significantly.

Tough spot to be in. Front office will be damned if they do and damned if they don't. I just want to see the team finally go all in again with whatever decision they make. This 'kinda sell' and 'kinda buy' stuff is only hurting the short and long term potential of the team.

Astros are a classic example of why tear downs can work (although that comes along with drafting the right people). Braves and White Sox are following their pattern to success.

Comment

• There is no doubt in my mind that it's time for a FIRE SALE.

It sucks. But it's the only chance to make it to the playoffs before 2025.

Comment

• Also crazy how under the radar Dustin McGowan often goes with the fan base (including me). I thought it was an awful signing at the time and he was doomed to fail. It's absolutely baffling and awesome how he's had the greatest years of his career in Miami and it's not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X