Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    i guess i'm just surprised that we had a top of the rotation talent to trade away after all i've heard about how we have the worst farm system in the league and no viable prospects
    What prospects we did have. We gave away in dumb ass deals cause we had a .00000001% chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
      i guess i'm just surprised that we had a top of the rotation talent to trade away after all i've heard about how we have the worst farm system in the league and no viable prospects
      We've had prospects, we just traded so many of them away. Even if they weren't top prospects we have traded away so much depth and so many of them are now viable big leaguers. Martes, Heaney, desclafani, Austin Barnes, paddock, naylor, marisnick, and several others that I am forgetting. Minor league depth can be just as useful in certain ways as top prospects. And it's not just that we traded those guys, it was that we traded them in obviously short sighted deals for teams that any rational Marlins fan would see as clearly not being playoff caliber. Rodney last year was a clearly stupid trade at the time. He was a clear regression candidate. Cashner and rea were clearly not great players even if we got them for nothing. We got super lucky the padres were scummy and we were able to get Castillo back.

I see your point, I'm just saying that it's the combination of moving prospects and moving them in deals that are obviously stupid deals at the time they were made. It's not like the a's from a few years back where you've give up a guy like Addison Russell for 2 good starters to make a run. That is a different kind of losing a trade that I would be ok with. It is the consistently giving away talent in desperate deals on teams that are not playoff teams that has resulted in a decimated system.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Prado is apparently considering knee surgery.
        He is getting it and done for the year

- - - - - - - - - -

Still a market for AJ but the 2 teams that wanted him the most are probably out.

TB just got Cishek for Erasmo Ramirez

Still 5 or so teams in on him and Colorado/TB still interested(just alot less)

Straily's market is 10 teams deep.As soon as Gray goes,Straily talk will get louder. Tazawa,Ichiro,McGowan,AJ Ellis and Ozuna still drawing interest. If Boston doesn't get a Joe Smith type don't be surprised if Brad Ziegler(with cash) goes back up after Aug 1

Comment

• I feel like McGowan's underrated even by us. Guy has been outstanding for us the last 2 years. You would think he'd bring a decent haul. Also, I've never completely understood the waiver trading process, but you would think he would not be able to pass through waivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            I feel like McGowan's underrated even by us. Guy has been outstanding for us the last 2 years. You would think he'd bring a decent haul. Also, I've never completely understood the waiver trading process, but you would think he would not be able to pass through waivers.
            He is but also a FA and 35. Should bring what Swarzak brought. Mid level prospect probably from a Houston/Cleveland/Arizona or with Straily in a deal.

Its easy. After Aug 1 in order to trade a guy u have to DFA/waive him.

3 options
            1 He passes unclaimed and u can do whatever u want to do.Usually unclaimed due to injury or contract
            2 He gets claimed by a team and u have 48 hrs to work out a deal with that team OR keep him
            3 He gets claimed by a team and u say his contract is all yours.
            Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• I guess I just don't understand the purpose of it. Just move the regular trade deadline back a month.

Comment

• David Price goes on the DL. Maybe a potential spot for Straily? Their farm system isnt all that impressive anymore though after Dumbrowski got his hands on it.

Comment

• And Straily is apparently off the trading block. Can't wait till this team gets sold so they can get rid of all the crap running it.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    And Straily is apparently off the trading block. Can't wait till this team gets sold so they can get rid of all the crap running it.
                    Not off just yet,teams hasnt gotten any HR deals so they are taking him off "for now". Talked to 10 teams but no great offers so the thought is now teams know he is gettable they could get some calls. No surprise tho,like said were telling teams they are happy holding onto him until the offseason due to cheap

Comment

• If they hold on to him until the offseason, I hope they just hold on to him. Now is the time you're going to get someone to overpay for him, which is the only reason to deal him.

Comment

If they hold on to him until the offseason, I hope they just hold on to him. Now is the time you're going to get someone to overpay for him, which is the only reason to deal him.
                        They aren't dying to get rid of him. Its like Ozuna,they would rather keep Straily but understand the team needs alot more to win. So he is off the market until a team offers something crazy which can happen as soon as Gray comes off the market

Cubs were very interested but didnt have pieces. Have pieces for AJ Ramos/Ellis but not Straily. They dont wanna give up ML guys

The thought is they can get an overpay in the offseason too especially from the small market teams who can't afford guys for 12+million

Comment

• Cubs don't have pieces to acquire Straily? Or their not willing to part with their pieces? They have some nice bats at AAA, that the Marlins should be interested in.

Comment

Cubs don't have pieces to acquire Straily? Or their not willing to part with their pieces? They have some nice bats at AAA, that the Marlins should be interested in.
                            They do?? Candelario is nice but that is only AAA bat they got. Just heard Cubs can get AJ/AJ Ellis but not enough for Straily. No clue if we asked and they said NO or they offered and we said no

- - - - - - - - - -

For further confirmation Straily is still out there

Mark Feinsand‏Verified account @Feinsand · 26m26 minutes ago

Source says Dan Straily is indeed still available. Marlins still very much open to trading him in right deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              They do?? Candelario is nice but that is only AAA bat they got. Just heard Cubs can get AJ/AJ Ellis but not enough for Straily. No clue if we asked and they said NO or they offered and we said no
                              I was thinking Candelario, Caratini and even Zagunis.

- - - - - - - - - -

Idea

Cubs get:

Dan Straily
                              A.J. Ellis
                              A.J. Ramos

Marlins Get:

Jeimer Candelario
                              Victor Caratini
                              Mark Zagunis
                              Isaac Paredes
                              Jose Albertos
                              James Pugliese

Comment

I was thinking Candelario, Caratini and even Zagunis.

- - - - - - - - - -

Idea

Cubs get:

Dan Straily
                                A.J. Ellis
                                A.J. Ramos

Marlins Get:

Jeimer Candelario
                                Victor Caratini
                                Mark Zagunis
                                Isaac Paredes
                                Jose Albertos
                                James Pugliese
                                Is that a rumor? Dont post names unless u have confirmation

While Candelario is nice they would prefer high level ML ready arms which Cubs dont have. They have decent ML Ready arms and have high level young arms. Like said no clue about the names just heard they have enough for RP/C but not Straily
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X