No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'd be awesome if he could make a comeback with us.

- - - - - - - - - -

Only 27 too. Thought he was in his 30s.

Comment

Jeff Passan is reporting that Hech will be traded in the next few days. Finally!

Suitors include the Rays and Orioles.

---

He's also saying we're willing to discuss offers for Ramos, Phelps, and Barraclough.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Jeff Passan is reporting that Hech will be traded in the next few days. Finally!

Suitors include the Rays and Orioles.

---

He's also saying we're willing to discuss offers for Ramos, Phelps, and Barraclough.
        http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...highlight=hech

Nothing new with Hech. They have 3 suitors actually-SD,Seattle,TB and have been talking with them all. Havent really got any good offers tho which is why they havent dealt him yet however guess they have made progress with Baltimore or TB has finally given in and are cool with dealing Erasmo Ramirez. They tried to trade DD for him LY and were told no

Dont expect alot in return more about getting something for him and geting rid of his $.

Clark Spencer also has St Louis as a team
        Last edited by tjfla; 06-22-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...highlight=hech

Nothing new with Hech. They have 3 suitors actually-SD,Seattle,TB and have been talking with them all. Havent really got any good offers tho which is why they havent dealt him yet however guess they have made progress with Baltimore or TB has finally given in and are cool with dealing Erasmo Ramirez. They tried to trade DD for him LY and were told no

Dont expect alot in return more about getting something for him and geting rid of his $.

Clark Spencer also has St Louis as a team
          Honestly, anything that gets him out of here/keeps him out of the lineup here is good with me. He's basically an automatic out, which means two automatic outs in the lineup when he's playing considering the pitcher

Comment

Honestly, anything that gets him out of here/keeps him out of the lineup here is good with me. He's basically an automatic out, which means two automatic outs in the lineup when he's playing considering the pitcher
            3 when we have literally any other backup in given how bad our bench is. Its the problem ive been saying for a long time now. He cant be an NL player with that bat, but there could be a nice role for him on an AL team as a great glove at SS and a number 8 or 9 hitter when there is a DH. But holy hell i cant take anymore of watching him play every day here still. Riddle isnt good and its amazing how much more I like to see him starting rather than Hech.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              3 when we have literally any other backup in given how bad our bench is. Its the problem ive been saying for a long time now. He cant be an NL player with that bat, but there could be a nice role for him on an AL team as a great glove at SS and a number 8 or 9 hitter when there is a DH. But holy hell i cant take anymore of watching him play every day here still. Riddle isnt good and its amazing how much more I like to see him starting rather than Hech.
              At least Riddle has shown that he can get some timely hits from time to time. Hech is either a strikeout or guaranteed double play every at bat.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                The plan is Rojas as the starting SS and Riddle as the UT when he is healthy

- - - - - - - - - -

We should start seeing moves this weekend,the thing is does anyone actually trust Jeff and Mike Hill(Our FO) to make good trades?

Jeff has been on a Euro Vacation and Mike Hill can't do anything without getting an OK. They will end up screwing it up worse than the Magic do. 4 Picks in Top 35 and trade 2 of them for pretty much nothing and have the same crap team as last 2 years. Why is it teams like the Magic and Fish have NO clue how to rebuild? Its not hard-u trade everything and suck for 3 years instead they trade some stuff and are just OK for 3 years

Comment

The Marlins reinstated Prado from the DL and designated Christian Colon for assignment.

Comment

The Marlins reinstated Prado from the DL and designated Christian Colon for assignment.
                    Hech is ready to however no spot for him so he is still "rehabbing". Likely a deal by this weekend for 1 or 2 prospects

Also they have 2 finalists(Baltimore is 1) however the hold up is both teams want pitchers too so talking bigger deal. Likely won't happen but u could see a Koehler or Phelps included. No clue about prospects but anything we get for guys who will be NON tendered is a plus. Baltimore doesn't have a great system

Other team is Tampa. Buster Olney reports and says they are favs.
                    Last edited by tjfla; 06-23-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Hech should be gone tomorrow and this long national nightmare should be over. Best for both sides. Riddle/Rojas L/R platoon actually looks really good, and by really good i mean not Hech.

On a side note, ill be the first to admit I was completely wrong on urena earlier this year. I was not wrong on the 4 man bench aspect of what I was saying because that is an idiotic idea, but Urena has finally seemed to become what it looked like he could become. He was never supposed to be an ace, and his K rate is less that expected leaving a bit of a chance for a negative regression, but he is becoming what i thought he could be as he came up through the minors. Ive said this numerous times, but his game improved so much coming up in that he had the same amount of walks weirdly for like 5 consecutive years with more IP each year, and I think he can be a really nice back of the rotation guy. And even if he isnt special, which he likely is not, he is a capable SP on a team desperately craving more SP. Just 4 more better SP's away from being an actual major league team.

Comment

Straily is good, dude. Two top line starters more, politely retire Ichiro for a bench bat and this team is ready to rock

Comment

Frisaro says another team has joined on Hech NOW 4 teams in on him. Baltimore talk has cooled due to the fact that want Miami to either pick up Hech's salary or take back some. Gotta love when the 2 cheapest owners try to outdue each other

Also who would have thought in Feb that Tyler Moore would have a job while Plouffe and Chris Carter have both been DFA

Comment

Definitely one of those situations where the front office knew better than the fan base. I know almost every fan was on board with getting Chris Carter as an option to platoon with Bour. Team would be in a worse position with that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                              Definitely one of those situations where the front office knew better than the fan base. I know almost every fan was on board with getting Chris Carter as an option to platoon with Bour. Team would be in a worse position with that decision.
                              Absolutely. The front office got that right and the Urena thing right. They deserve credit for that. The 2 bullpen contracts really hurt this team though both on the field immediately and as far salaries.

What is the combined salary of Gordon, Ozuna, Bour, Stanton, Yelich, and Realmuto for next year? Because I feel like put all together it is a really solid use of money. That is a great young lineup when healthy.

Stanton 25 million
                              Gordon 10.8 million
                              Ozuna in his second year of arbitration.
                              Yelich for only 7 million
                              Realmuto in his first year of arbitration.
                              Same with Bour.

42.8 million + 3 arbitration guys for 6 guys in your lineup capable of being this good? Thats a steal. I think the move either at the deadline or in the offseason would be to unload Prado and his salary for prospects and then move forward with Dietrich for now and then eventually Brian Anderson.

Comment

Hech news

http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...y-hechavarria/

They had a "deal"(agreed on prospects-Tanner Scott was in deal) with Baltimore however was quickly off the table when Baltimore asked Jeff to either take salary back OR put money in the deal

Tampa is front runner and they want 1 or 2 PITCHING prospects(guess signing 26 yr olds FA for A Ball isn't a good idea). By the way the mystery team(which really wasn't a mystery because they called on Hech before) is San Diego.

Deal has to be done before Tuesday's game otherwise they have to either DFA Worley,Moore or something

- - - - - - - - - -

Also for all the people who asked why did we trade Carter Capps?

Carter Capps assessed 2 illegal pitches for back foot not staying on the rubber. Rod Barajas ejected, then Capps ejected two pitches later.

Between his pitch being consider illegal now,his command is all over too
                                Last edited by tjfla; 06-26-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X