No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're not trading Yelich for prospects, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      They're not trading Yelich for prospects, dude.
      Well prospects would be 21/22/23 yr olds who are ready for the majors. I dont mean some 21 yr old in Low A ball

Comment

To me, trading JT makes the least amount of sense. I don't care if you're getting a top 3 C prospect back, you finally have a premiere catcher offensively and defensively, and he's young. The odds that any prospect ends up being that good are low no matter how highly regarded they are. So what, you're going to go and trade Ozuna and the best player you get is one where you have a young rising star already, just to go and trade that guy for another prospect? That's poor resource management. Just get a similar prospect at a more preferable position and keep Realmuto. This seems like common sense to me.

Comment

They don't wanna trade Yelich or JT however if u are going full rebuild u have to listen to offers because u never know what offer a team might make. Look at the Marlins they overpay on every deal-O WAIT thats us bad example

Yelich your offer would have to be 2 Top 50 Players in baseball AND 2 other high to mid level guys

JT is staying UNLESS a team trade them a Top 3 C-Carson Kelly,Mejia or Alfaro. The reasoning is if u gonna rebuild u can get alot for JT. U get Kelly,HUdson,Bader in Ozuna deal than trade JT for more 21/22 yr old ml ready pitchers

When u trade Ozuna u are gonna ask for the most u can get for him so if u talk to St Louis their best healthy prospects are Carson Kelly,Luke Weaver. Just behind Weaver they have Flaherty, Dakota Hudson,Junior Fernandez. So its not that u are asking for a specific position it is Carson Kelly is their best Prospect and he is blocked. U ask for Kelly and get one of those other 3 arms plus Harrison Bader. U dont ask for Weaver and a close to Kelly type because the next closest position guy St Louis has is Bader.
          Last edited by tjfla; 06-12-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            They don't wanna trade Yelich or JT however if u are going full rebuild u have to listen to offers because u never know what offer a team might make. Look at the Marlins they overpay on every deal-O WAIT thats us bad example

Yelich your offer would have to be 2 Top 50 Players in baseball AND 2 other high to mid level guys

JT is staying UNLESS a team trade them a Top 3 C-Carson Kelly,Mejia or Alfaro. The reasoning is if u gonna rebuild u can get alot for JT. U get Kelly,HUdson,Bader in Ozuna deal than trade JT for more 21/22 yr old ml ready pitchers

When u trade Ozuna u are gonna ask for the most u can get for him so if u talk to St Louis their best healthy prospects are Carson Kelly,Luke Weaver. Just behind Weaver they have Flaherty, Dakota Hudson,Junior Fernandez. So its not that u are asking for a specific position it is Carson Kelly is their best Prospect and he is blocked. U ask for Kelly and get one of those other 3 arms plus Harrison Bader. U dont ask for Weaver and a close to Kelly type because the next closest position guy St Louis has is Bader.
            But in that scenario, the best prospect you're getting back is Kelly, who may never be as good as JT. I get that they're rebuilding, but that doesn't mean loading up on as many prospects as you can while sacrificing young, cheap talent. There's a reason why these guys are prospects, it means they aren't sure things. We out of anyone should remember that after the disastrous Cabrera trade. To me, it makes way more sense to just keep JT, and bring back a ransom for Ozuna not including Kelly.

Comment

JT Realmuto is not a premier defensive catcher. He's really bad at at catching and blocking baseballs

Comment

Funny thing is, if I'm an owner spending $1 billion plus, I kind of like this team. Lineup is good, pitching needs two top line guys, but the team isn't that far away. If the new owners are willing to pay Loria's ask, guaranteeing a couple hundred million to two starters who could conceivably put this team in a pennant race in 2018 isn't a bad investment.

If Loria's price tag scared everyone off, Ozuna could rebuild the system.

Comment

I would somewhat understand Yelich if you can get a huge package, but JT makes no sense even if you get the best catching prospect in baseball. you have a premier hitting catcher under contract for years to come, no need to rebuild like that. He should be part of the rebuild. Id honestly keep the lineup together except maybe bour if you can get a premier pitching prospect for him and just trade as many pitchers as possible.

Really interested to see if they try to trade Straily. Given how he has performed thus far and that he has I think 2 more years of control, if someone offers a really nice package id probably pull the trigger. However, my number 1 priority for the trade deadline is to trade as many pitchers as possible and just at the very least build up the depth in the farm system again.

If we trade Ramos, Straily, Koehler, Phelps, Ellington, Volquez we could get a lot of helpful pieces. It would probably mean we are going to be horrific to watch after the deadline, but we arent all that fun to watch right now anyway. This farm system needs some serious help.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                  Funny thing is, if I'm an owner spending $1 billion plus, I kind of like this team. Lineup is good, pitching needs two top line guys, but the team isn't that far away. If the new owners are willing to pay Loria's ask, guaranteeing a couple hundred million to two starters who could conceivably put this team in a pennant race in 2018 isn't a bad investment.

If Loria's price tag scared everyone off, Ozuna could rebuild the system.
                  In this day and age of baseball with the fragility of arms, I like the idea of building a lineup from within like we kinda currently have and then supplementing it with a great free agent starter rather than trying to develop arms. Its kind of the approach the cubs have taken, even though a lot of anything as good as that is going to be due to luck somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    I would somewhat understand Yelich if you can get a huge package, but JT makes no sense even if you get the best catching prospect in baseball. you have a premier hitting catcher under contract for years to come, no need to rebuild like that. He should be part of the rebuild. Id honestly keep the lineup together except maybe bour if you can get a premier pitching prospect for him and just trade as many pitchers as possible.

Really interested to see if they try to trade Straily. Given how he has performed thus far and that he has I think 2 more years of control, if someone offers a really nice package id probably pull the trigger. However, my number 1 priority for the trade deadline is to trade as many pitchers as possible and just at the very least build up the depth in the farm system again.

If we trade Ramos, Straily, Koehler, Phelps, Ellington, Volquez we could get a lot of helpful pieces. It would probably mean we are going to be horrific to watch after the deadline, but we arent all that fun to watch right now anyway. This farm system needs some serious help.

- - - - - - - - - -

In this day and age of baseball with the fragility of arms, I like the idea of building a lineup from within like we kinda currently have and then supplementing it with a great free agent starter rather than trying to develop arms. Its kind of the approach the cubs have taken, even though a lot of anything as good as that is going to be due to luck somewhat.
                    I agree with you for the most part, but I would completely understand trading Ozuna. You'd hate to lose a bat like that, but he just isn't going to be here longterm. He's a Boras guy, so he'll hit the open market in 2020, and if you know you're going to lose him, you should definitely sell high on him, and it's hard to imagine his stock could get much higher than it is right now.

Comment

What u guys don't get is I am NOT saying they wanna trade JT. I am saying they have been telling teams that they wouldn't discuss him unless they got a Top 3 Catching Prospect in return somehow. If they can't get Kelly,Mejia or Alfaro first they won't even talk JT

They would love to keep him BUT if u get a Top 3 Catcher in a deal and are going full blown rebuild u can get ALOT for him that can help the rebuild

As for Carson Kelly,I just mentioned him because heard alot of talk about Ozuna to St Louis. Kelly is #1 the Cards BEST position prospect and #2 blocked by Molina. If they had a better position prospect I wouldn't even mention Carson Kelly because we have JT already. They would probably like Weaver,Flaherty/Hudson and Bader for Ozuna-just not sure St Louis would give up so much pitching

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        What u guys don't get is I am NOT saying they wanna trade JT. I am saying they have been telling teams that they wouldn't discuss him unless they got a Top 3 Catching Prospect in return somehow. If they can't get Kelly,Mejia or Alfaro first they won't even talk JT

They would love to keep him BUT if u get a Top 3 Catcher in a deal and are going full blown rebuild u can get ALOT for him that can help the rebuild

As for Carson Kelly,I just mentioned him because heard alot of talk about Ozuna to St Louis. Kelly is #1 the Cards BEST position prospect and #2 blocked by Molina. If they had a better position prospect I wouldn't even mention Carson Kelly because we have JT already. They would probably like Weaver,Flaherty/Hudson and Bader for Ozuna-just not sure St Louis would give up so much pitching
                        I realize that's what you're saying. I have responded to this notion every time. I fully understand the return. All of my points remain. A top 3 prospect is still a prospect. And it's at one of the most difficult positions to project in all of baseball. I don't understand even looking at a catching prospect as a return for Ozuna. It's poor resource management.

Comment

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/mar...ading-stanton/

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          I realize that's what you're saying. I have responded to this notion every time. I fully understand the return. All of my points remain. A top 3 prospect is still a prospect. And it's at one of the most difficult positions to project in all of baseball. I don't understand even looking at a catching prospect as a return for Ozuna. It's poor resource management.
                          U dont look at him as a catching prospect which is my point. U look at him as the BEST PROSPECT in the St Louis System. If they had another position player rated as high as him I would have said that guy but they don't. Top 2 Position guys are Kelly and Bader. If u really wanna keep JT and sign him to an extension then u can do that and trade Kelly. About 25 teams would love to grab the Best C Prospect in baseball however u only get as much for him as u would JT

It's like the draft,u don't go into the draft saying well we got an OF thats all 25 and under so even tho we have the #1 Pick let's not take Bryce Harper because its poor resource management. U take him at #1 then figure it out. Same like drafts in the past,we needed a 3B badly so we take Colin Moran and they soured on him fast.

Its like the Braves/Padres are doing now. They are getting BPA no matter position-stockpiling talent just waiting till its time. U get as much talent as u can and when time comes u put a team together.

Comment

Signed SP William Cuevas

26 and has pitched in the majors for Boston and Detroit

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2017/ALL

Comment

The more that I look at this team, the more i want to keep this lineup intact. Id start a consistent shuffle of pitchers and additions via trade of current pitchers/free agency and try to build around this lineup. Guys like Stanton have big deals, but on aggregate Yelich's deal kind of offsets how bad stanton's is and you have 2 all star OF's for about 35-40 million per year. Pricey somewhat, but not horrible. And you have Ozuna for the next 2 years only in arbitration so he wont be horrible. Then you add in Realmuto and Bour still under team control. I think Dee has been kind of very good this year as well. Overall, when healthy this lineup does look really good and the addition of a good 3b would do wonders. I love Prado, but he's one of the guys i shop just due to contract reasons. Similar to Volquez.

But the only guys i'd really look to trade at the deadline are Koehler, Prado, Hech, Ramos, Phelps, Barraclough, Volquez.

Comment

I know Jeff is poor and we got a great rotation that needs no help BUT

Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman ยท 9m9 minutes ago
                                Henderson Alvarez has a showcase Friday morning in Miami. He is 100 percent. 14 teams already in.

Maybe Mike Hill can Uber on over to atleast watch

Comment

Working...
                                X