No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont really see any other teams who have a need for Ozuna. Any word on other teams potentially interested in him?

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      I dont really see any other teams who have a need for Ozuna. Any word on other teams potentially interested in him?
      Tons of teams would love him. Dont forget he is still cheap for 2 more years. Joey Bats for 17 million a season,McCutchen at 32 at 15 million a season,JD Martinez or Upton at 5/100 million as FA OR Ozuna for cheap for 2 years what would u want??

Teams have called but Jeff doesn't wanna trade anyone till he knows he is selling. But St.Louis,Toronto,NYY,Houston would all be on him quick. Even Atlanta and SD could make runs. Best thing is all of those teams have a OF need and great systems

Sh*t teams have even called on Stanton IF we paid some of his salary(no chance in hell) Plus hear if he goes anywhere is the West COast. Power bats who can play the OF are valuable especially in the AL
      Last edited by tjfla; 05-29-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I was gonna say Atlanta seems like a really good fit for both them and us. They have a bunch of prospects, especially pitching prospects, and a need for impact OF bats even though they are a few years away. They have a bunch of really interesting guys we could really use to build our system around.

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe a combo with a very young Maitan, one of Allard or Soroka, and then another lower level young arm.

- - - - - - - - - -

Toronto for Vlad guerrero JR. + would be awesome.

- - - - - - - - - -

I really would love an all out fire sale at the deadline.

Comment

I was gonna say Atlanta seems like a really good fit for both them and us. They have a bunch of prospects, especially pitching prospects, and a need for impact OF bats even though they are a few years away.
          Houston is the team I see as #1 Right now. They love Ozuna and their LF is Aoki/Marisnick

I could see a Francis Martes/Kyle Tucker or Derek Fisher(20 yr old few years away or 23 yr old ready today)/plus 2 or even 3 of their young prospects( I would bend Houston over in any Ozuna deal-get as much as u can)

Issue is Atlanta wouldnt trade that for him. They are years away-St Louis(Kelly,more)/Houston(Martes,Tucker)/NYY(Sheffield,Frazier) are close they need that 1 big OF bat. Ya I value Kelly higher than an arm due to the fact it lets u trade JT as well

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Houston is the team I see as #1 Right now. They love Ozuna and their LF is Aoki/Marisnick

I could see a Francis Martes/Kyle Tucker or Derek Fisher(20 yr old few years away or 23 yr old ready today)/plus 2 or even 3 of their young prospects( I would bend Houston over in any Ozuna deal-get as much as u can)

Issue is Atlanta wouldnt trade that for him. They are years away-St Louis(Kelly,more)/Houston(Martes,Tucker)/NYY(Sheffield,Frazier) are close they need that 1 big OF bat. Ya I value Kelly higher than an arm due to the fact it lets u trade JT as well
            I dont see Houston as a fit because I think they have the young cornerstones needed and their OF prospects are close to major league ready if not already ready. They need just a little added value for their guys, I dont see them trading prospects. Yankees would be interesting but the more i look at it St louis looks like a great fit. Wish we coud get one of the Braves middle infield prospects because they seem to have like 4 top prospects that are SS's as well as great young pitching.

- - - - - - - - - -

St. Louis could really use bullpen arms too FWIW.

- - - - - - - - - -

I could see Ozuna, Ramos, and Koehler to the Cards for Kelly, Weaver, Bader and 1 other lower level guy. Koehler seems like the perfect Cardinal destined to figure it out in their bullpen.

Comment

As far as being able to take on salary and being able to use Stanton, the Red Sox have the money and could use a power bat like Stanton at DH and it will allow him to stay healthier. That seems like it could be a good fit to me.

Comment

Wish they'd sell high on straily, bour, ozuna
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                  Wish they'd sell high on straily, bour, ozuna
                  Definitely agree on Straily and 100% on Ozuna, but Bour im not so sure. It will probably settle itself out before the deadline, but we have him for another 3 cost controlled years after this year and id wait to see how real these numbers are. As much as we need a full and complete rebuild, we still do need to fill a major league roster and his value isnt sky high right now. I think id hang onto bour for a little and see if his numbers against lefties are for real and then if he turns out to be something significant, which he likely wont, we keep him, but if he is just what we think he currently is, trade him next trade deadline when his value might be a little higher.

Realistically, we wouldnt get a huge haul for Bour. Im more about trading Ozuna, Ramos, Strailly, Koehler, even Prado, try for Gordon, and even look at dealing barraclugh and a few other relievers if we could get a few significant prospects.

Comment

Definitely agree on Straily and 100% on Ozuna, but Bour im not so sure. It will probably settle itself out before the deadline, but we have him for another 3 cost controlled years after this year and id wait to see how real these numbers are. As much as we need a full and complete rebuild, we still do need to fill a major league roster and his value isnt sky high right now. I think id hang onto bour for a little and see if his numbers against lefties are for real and then if he turns out to be something significant, which he likely wont, we keep him, but if he is just what we think he currently is, trade him next trade deadline when his value might be a little higher.

Realistically, we wouldnt get a huge haul for Bour. Im more about trading Ozuna, Ramos, Strailly, Koehler, even Prado, try for Gordon, and even look at dealing barraclugh and a few other relievers if we could get a few significant prospects.
                    Prado,Gordon,Chen and Stanton are pretty much stuck here due to contracts. The only way u move them is if u take less in a deal for Ozuna,JT or Yelich

Straily and Bour could get nice returns however the thing is they are so cheap unless a team is willing to overpay u don't need to move them. Now if some team offers Top Prospects and u are going full rebuild u should move them

- - - - - - - - - -

I mentioned Ozuna to St Louis for Carson Kelly plus more as "hypothetical" because I know u guys don't like stuff not confirmed by mainstream guys BUT in reality it has been discussed and according to Rosenthal we would be willing to move Yelich and JT

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/video?vid=959641155893

It would take a crazy package for Yelich,think Adam Eaton but even more and if we got a Carson Kelly or another Top 3 C prospect in a deal we would talk JT with other teams however they want a ML ready C prospect before they do. They seem to be willing to talk ANYONE in the system.

By way if anyone was wondering where Jeff has been? He spent the month of May touring Italy- I wish he would spend the year there
                    Last edited by tjfla; 06-04-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

As far as being able to take on salary and being able to use Stanton, the Red Sox have the money and could use a power bat like Stanton at DH and it will allow him to stay healthier. That seems like it could be a good fit to me.
                      Stanton has NO Trade Clause remember and has told people only teams he would go to is in Cali. LAD/SD/SF/Oak/LAA

Oakland and LAA are doubtful due to cost. LAD and SF can afford him. SD is the wildcard tho-the new owners are happy to spend cash(They spend 100 million on IFA). If we do ever trade him,don't expect anything in return. It will be like the Hanley trade-we might get a ML Ready player but more likely 1 or 2 17/18 yr old prospects. More about getting rid of his contract

Comment

Bour apparently has a bone bruise in his ankle that could require a DL stint.....he's in a walking boot.

So given how the Marlins evaluate injuries, he's out for the year.

Comment

Didn't he have a similar injury last year? It seemed like he'd be out a couple of days, then it turned itno like 2 1/2 months?

- - - - - - - - - -

That's really a killer, when you realize we'll be getting Tyler Moore every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            Didn't he have a similar injury last year? It seemed like he'd be out a couple of days, then it turned itno like 2 1/2 months?

- - - - - - - - - -

That's really a killer, when you realize we'll be getting Tyler Moore every day.
                            I don't recall what it was, but yeah, it was supposedly a few day thing that turned into a good chunk of the season.

Comment

No way Bour is back before the All Star break.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                As for fundamental ideas,it has more to do with us not having a FO. Most of the teams now have the President/VP/GM FO with the owner only around to watch big games or have to OK some big trade.

Our FO is Jeff,Mike Hill/Mike Berger with Stan Meek running the draft(drafts same type of guys every year) and DelPiano running the Minors. Jeff and Mike Hill don't wanna do any of the hard work

Now the Cubs FO is Theo/Jed Hoyer/2 Assistant GM. LA is Friedman/Alex Anthopolus/Zaidi/Josh Byrnes. These guys make all the decisions from who to DFA to where a prospect will play

- - - - - - - - - -

Well so would I,just saying IF u trade Ozuna to St Louis u could get a Carson Kelly and then in turn trade JT for even better pitching. I know u love Telis BUT its hard to trade a catcher if the replacements are Telis,Ramon Cabrera and nothing else. U get Kelly,an Major league Ready OF to replace Ozuna and another arm. The feeling around baseball is both groups wanna blow this team up big and it will be a 5 year rebuild(Think Houston) so guys 21/22 are what they are looking for

The thing about Bour is he is still cheap. U could hold onto him until the new owners figure stuff out. Ozuna is the same u don't need to trade him yet. Our valuable pieces are in order Yelich,Ozuna,JT,Bour,Straily

Phelps,Koehler,Ramos,Hech,AJ Ellis,Volquez,Tazawa,Ziegler,McGowan,Ichiro all should be gone by the deadline. They won't bring big returns but NONE of them will likely be on the team next year so might as well get something
                                Ken Rosenthal must be looking at board again

A SUGGESTION FOR THE CARDINALS

The trade market could offer an intriguing solution to the Cardinals’ lack of a middle-of-the-lineup force in the post-Albert Pujols, post-Matt Holliday era.

Hello, Marcell Ozuna.

Ozuna, who is under club control through 2019, would be an obvious target for teams in need of an outfielder, and perhaps easier for the Marlins to part with than Christian Yelich, who is under control through ‘22.

Through 56 games, Ozuna is batting .329 with 14 homers and a .961 OPS, and the advanced metrics portray him as one of the game’s top defensive left fielders.

The Cardinals have had past interest in Ozuna, who does not turn 27 until Nov. 12. He could be their version of Yoenis Cespedes, transforming their offense, reducing the pressure on their other hitters. And unlike Jason Heyward, who arrived in a trade for Shelby Miller after the 2014 season, Ozuna would stay more than one year.

The Marlins know they are unlikely to extend Ozuna, whose agent, Scott Boras, generally prefers his clients to establish their values on the open market. They need prospects, and the Cardinals’ farm system ranked 12th in the majors at the start of the season, according to Baseball America.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/r...senthal-060617

Comment

Working...
                                X