Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    There's really no reason to bring Bour back in mid-September.

I can't believe how many guys are on the DL right now.
    Hopefully we overhaul the training staff with new ownership too. Not saying it's all their fault, as some guys are just injury prone, but it always seems like we have a ton of injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Hopefully we overhaul the training staff with new ownership too. Not saying it's all their fault, as some guys are just injury prone, but it always seems like we have a ton of injuries.
      I think it just seems that way because it is exacerbated by the complete lack of depth this team always has. We have had our share of bad luck, but other teams have depth for precisely that kind of issue. Some teams have injuries and the depth helps them maintain the team success but we have injuries and it wrecks entire seasons. Its happened so many years in a row now.

Comment

• According to @ManGamesLostMLB, the Marlins are in the middle of the pack of man-games lost by injured players and DL stints this year.

Comment

• Up until a couple of weeks ago I would've said we're probably having one of our best years avoiding injuries that I can remember. The injuries have kinda all hit us at once these last couple of weeks.

Comment

• So have we jinxed that oft-injured player whose name I won't say with all this talk yet?

Comment

• No Miami names have been mentioned as passing thru waivers yet so no clue if they have tried BUT

2 NEW teams could use a C-Houston and KC

Comment

• I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but it didn't seem worthy of its own thread.

What do you all think of signing a guy like Tyler Chatwood? He's a free agent after this year and his numbers have been pretty good outside of Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but it didn't seem worthy of its own thread.

What do you all think of signing a guy like Tyler Chatwood? He's a free agent after this year and his numbers have been pretty good outside of Colorado.
                  Would definitely depend on the price. He'd be worth a shot for the right number though. He consistently goes 6+ innings and had a very good 2016. That said he has had massive control problems and looks like he could be another Jarred Cosart style signing.

I'd probably pass on him if it took a 3-4 year contract, but for a 1-2 year deal for the right price, why not?

Comment

• What's up with Marcell Ozuna seemingly always being worse in the second half? He hasnt been bad this year in the second half but his pre and post all star splits for his career are pretty crazy.

Comment

• and what's the deal with airline food?

Comment

• Jon Morosi‏Verified account
                        @jonmorosi

Source: #Marlins are "willing to engage" with other teams on Giancarlo Stanton trade but are not involved in any serious talks -- yet. @MLB

Total bs how do u trade a guy who will hit 60 HR and is a superstar
                        We should be adding not rebuilding.
                        Jeter isnt gonna rebuild
                        Stanton wont waive trade clause

Am I missing any other responses?

Comment

• I'm still waiting for those 15 guys to be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I'm still waiting for those 15 guys to be traded.
                            10-15 guys who could be GONE. Gone meaning traded,DFA,claimed,released

10-15 have been discussed was my statement and we trade 3 so down to 7-12.

How are we trading Volquez,Ziegler,Tazawa,Bearclaw,Prado,Bour,Locke when injured? so down to 1-6 guys

They got offers on Straily and Gordon however decided against giving them away for nothing which brings in down to 4 guys didn't get deal(Ichiro,AJ Ellis,McGowan and Koehler) from the 10-15 guys

12 Left-Volquez,Ziegler,Tazawa,Bearclaw,Prado,Bour,Locke(H URT-unable to be dealt)
                            5-Straily,Gordon(Could have been given away)
                            3-Ichiro,AJ Ellis,McGowan(Still here)

16-Tom Koehler cant be given away
                            Last edited by tjfla; 08-16-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              10-15 guys who could be GONE. Gone meaning traded,DFA,claimed,released

10-15 have been discussed was my statement and we trade 3 so down to 7-12.

How are we trading Volquez,Ziegler,Tazawa,Bearclaw,Prado,Bour,Locke when injured? so down to 1-6 guys

They got offers on Straily and Gordon however decided against giving them away for nothing which brings in down to 4 guys didn't get deal(Ichiro,AJ Ellis,McGowan and Koehler) from the 10-15 guys

12 Left-Volquez,Ziegler,Tazawa,Bearclaw,Prado,Bour,Locke(H URT-unable to be dealt)
                              5-Straily,Gordon(Could have been given away)
                              3-Ichiro,AJ Ellis,McGowan(Still here)

16-Tom Koehler cant be given away
                              I think the 17th guy traded should be you.

Comment

• Dont be surprised to see about 15 guys dealt or even DFA before Sept 1
                                I would be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X