No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said Idea right at the top, just throwing out the type of deal I think it'd take. If the cubs had ML Ready arms at AAA they wouldn't be trying to trade for Dan Straily, so I think you're hoping for a deal you can't possibly get for Straily.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      I said Idea right at the top, just throwing out the type of deal I think it'd take. If the cubs had ML Ready arms at AAA they wouldn't be trying to trade for Dan Straily, so I think you're hoping for a deal you can't possibly get for Straily.
      That is exactly what they are hoping for the problem is Albertos is years away and Candelario is 3B/1B. IF the ages were different I would say YES something crazy like that

Ya I could see AJ/Ellis for Caratini,a MIF prospect like Paredes or Ademan and 2 arms very easily. The Neshek deal is pretty much the base line for AJ

Comment

• I like Caratini, I think a catcher platoon where both guys play every day would be an interesting idea. Just have Caratini and Realmuto alternate whose behind the plate everyday and the guy who isn't catching plays 1st base. Allow us to trade Bour for Pitching that can help us now. It also frees up a spot on the bench because you don't have to carry a back up catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          I like Caratini, I think a catcher platoon where both guys play every day would be an interesting idea. Just have Caratini and Realmuto alternate whose behind the plate everyday and the guy who isn't catching plays 1st base. Allow us to trade Bour for Pitching that can help us now. It also frees up a spot on the bench because you don't have to carry a back up catcher.
          No clue about him in a deal. I wouldnt be surprised if we were happy with a Neshek type deal

MIF Torres-Paredes/Ademan
          AA arm Hammer-Duane Underwood/Trevor Clifton
          Low level SP Requena-Bryan Hudson

and if AJ Ellis is in it maybe another lower level arm and Chesny Young or ML Ready arm like Zastryzny or Pierce Johnson

We have Ramon Cabrera who Mattingly likes as a backup C and Cubs have alot of good young(20 and younger) SP arms so we would probably look at them
          Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Ramos traded to the mets. wonder what the haul is. also why the mets?

Comment

• That's random.

Comment

• Merandy Gonzalez and Ricardo Cespedes to the Marlins, per Joel Sherman.

Comment

• Pitcher looks solid and the OF looks like the hernandez type guy they got from the mariners for Phelps.

Comment

• Both of these guys are in single-A?

Comment

• So...RHP Gonzalez has a 1.55 ERA in 11 starts in A-ball. MLBPipeline's #9 Mets prospect. He's 21.

OF Cespedes, a lefty, has played at 3 levels this year (GCL, A-, A). Cumulative .255 average, only two XBH out of 26, and only one stolen base. #22 prospect of Mets according to MLBPipeline. He's only 19.

Comment

• LOL

- - - - - - - - - -

Have to get someone that can impact next season when Ramos still has another year of club control.

Comment

• I like Gonzalez's potential. Dont see much from the OF. Wish they could have gotten 1 more flier on another guy.

Comment

• I know I'm no good at evaluating minor league talent, and don't really follow anything in the minors, but is this a good deal? Could we have not gotten more/this was the best deal out there? I realize Ramos is no Chapman, but it doesn't seem like much.

Comment

• NExt up id try to move McGowan for a lower level guy that was similar to what Luis Castillo was for the Giants when we traded Casey Mcgehee. Take a shot on a guy or 2.

Comment

• This deal wreaks of the Marlins wanting to unload AJ's contract. Gonzalez is interesting, but he's 6 starts into A+ ball. While he looks impressive, those are the kind of guys you can find by throwing darts at a draft board. While he could become something he's not an elite young prospect and he won't be MLB ready for a few years.

I don't even know what to think of Cespedes. He's got a .577 OPS in low A ball after doing well in rookie ball but has shown he has absolutely no power and without stolen base ability or an extraordinary ability to get on base what's the point.

I'd get the desperation if AJ was in the final 2 months of his contract. However, he has a full year left after this season. I can't be under the belief that this is the best offer other teams would give for a full season of AJ Ramos, who is still solid and is a year removed from a bonafide All-Star.

100% not on board with this deal. Even if Gonzalez becomes a good pitcher it'll be 3 years away from now, and who knows what the team looks like by then. Plus, there's so many question marks with A ball players and Cespedes looks like every other hitter we took in the mid rounds of the draft last year, just with a famous last name.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                                LOL

- - - - - - - - - -

Have to get someone that can impact next season when Ramos still has another year of club control.
                                YES, this is the point.

I mean of course we aren't getting Amed Rosario or Dominic Smith from the Mets, nor the Mets most recent 1st round draft pick, but I would've fought to AT LEAST get somebody like a Marcos Molina added to the deal along with Gonzalez. Getting the Mets #8 and 9 prospects (Gonzalez/Molina) in exchange for a 2016 All Star closer with a full year left on his deal feels fair. It isn't even like the Mets system is all that good outside of the top 2. They're questionable prospects in A+ and AA ball. I don't know how the Marlins didn't insist on another top 10 Mets system arm to go along with Gonzalez.

Comment

Working...
                                X