No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I've said several times before, you trade him, you kill whatever is left of the fanbase, especially after his run.

Comment

• I honestly expect very little moves this off-season. There's gotta be a feeling out period for this new ownership I would think. Get the business model in place for a year, and then re-evaluate and start shaping the roster and payroll to your liking.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        As I've said several times before, you trade him, you kill whatever is left of the fanbase, especially after his run.
        Agree 1000%.

They have to commit 100% to making the playoffs at least for 1 full year.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Thanks for the info
          we cant all know Mike Hill's janitor!

Comment

• Pretty sure trading Stanton would be the final straw for me
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              Pretty sure trading Stanton would be the final straw for me
              to me it makes no sense. If we are trading him for the money, we are still gonna have to eat a substantial amount of money. If we are trading him because his value is highest, we would still not get as much back because of the contract. Then we would have the fans being pissed as fuck for trading the franchise guy. To me, the move is to move contracts like Ziegler, Prado, Tazawa, or just ride through next year and let Tazawa, Ziegler, and others contracts expire.

If we want to get pitching, the move would be to trade Bour and/or Ozuna. Trading stanton just makes 0 sense for so many reasons. Plus his deal really isnt as crazy as it is made out to be as long as he is on the field.

- - - - - - - - - -

the prado deal is the most annoying deal out of all of them except for maybe chen. it was a straight emotion deal that anyone could tell you was a huge overpay, especially for this team. just an incredibly stupid and short sighted deal.

Comment

• I agree to an extent but if Prado was healthy and productive this year (both totally realistic when the contract was signed) that deal doesn't look so bad at this current moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  I agree to an extent but if Prado was healthy and productive this year (both totally realistic when the contract was signed) that deal doesn't look so bad at this current moment.
                  it doesnt on a normal team, i agree somewhat. It does on a team with a limited payroll. I like prado and he is a steady 3b, but it is such an overpay for this particular team based on his production. At best case scenario he is hitting around .300 with around a .775 OPS and solid 3b defense. That is a horrible value for what we paid him and given the financial constraints on this team.

I find that deal less horrible than giving a combined 12 million this year and 16 million next year to average relievers, but that isnt really saying much. either way, last offseason was a complete and utter trainwreck from the front office that could have easily been avoided if they spent money on drafting, IFA and player development. A good team in our position last year has a starting caliber 3b available in the system and doesnt pay around 13 million a year for a guy like Prado.

- - - - - - - - - -

Literally all of these problem contracts for average players are so easily avoidable with a competent front office and ownership who invests in the draft and IFA and player development. It's one thing ive never understood with Loria. He is a penny pincher, yet he doesnt recognize how terrible of a value MLB free agency is for non star players and did not ever realize throughout his entire tenure that if he would spend a million or 2 on the draft and IFA here and there, he would avoid spending tens of million dollars in the long run on guys like Volquez, Prado, and 2 average relievers.

Comment

• Mike Leake to Mariners. Leake is owed 55 million

Let the trading begin

Comment

• I agree 10,000% with very few moves being made this offseason. Aside from business ops that was previously mentioned, the entire baseball ops needs to be figured out. The largest will likely be Osuna. I do not see any way of trading Stanton without poisoning the well with the fan base (again). Best bet is for him to opt out of his contract in a few years.

Comment

• Justin Upton to LAA. If he doesn't opt out they owe him 88 million

Cameron Maybin to Houston

Comment

• Angels have desperately needed another bat with Trout for a while. they also need a shit ton of SP. its kind of amazing how much trout has carried that team for years now. Their FO is failing Trout almost as much as ours is failing our bats.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dont get letting maybin get claimed for nothing though.

Comment

• As I suspected, the Phillies traded Juan Nicasio to the Cardinals.

Comment

• Bour was just reinstated from the DL. Too little too late. We're 8 games out now, having gone 1-9 over our last 10 lol.

Comment

• Bour came back just in time for us to have no shot

Comment

Working...
                                X