No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Mets 5/5-5/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We outhit the Mets 10 to 7 and we got our pee pee spanked hard.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      I havent been keeping up with the team for the last week or 2 too closely. Why was Despaigne the guy we went to over someone like Nicolino or Worley. not saying they are good, but were we just really interested to see how his 9/13 K/BB ratio in AAA this year would translate in the majors? Why is he even on the 40 man?

- - - - - - - - - -

If we get significantly out of "it" by the deadline, do we consider trading Ozuna if we can get a huge haul if he can keep it up? I like him, but he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who will ever be more than a 5 hitter in a lineup ideally. If we can get a huge pitching haul id pull the trigger. Of course we have no OF depth behind him but still, we need front level pitching.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, being a team whose stadium is in little havana, have we signed any legit cuban prospect? I know we "bid" on Chapman and Cespedes when they were coming out, but we have not got one of them, have we?

- - - - - - - - - -

I like Mike Hill as a person. It's a stupid thing to say cause that really does not matter, but the Jose death and the reaction to it made me like a lot of people in the organization a lot more, but holy shit this front office has been a dumpster fire since the fire sale of the '05 offseason. From Beinfest on it has been straight up 1950's front office going against guys like Epstein. It's really pathetic.
      Hill a nice person ? I could not care less if he is, I don't know him, or want to know him outside of his capacity in the Marlins organization. His failure to draft any potential major leaguers in 3 or 4 years is beyond mind-blowing. I mean a dog or cat could have done just as good a job. I mean for 3 years in a row, we fail to list one player in the top 100 prospects. That is worse than dismal....it seems like its almost deliberate.

Comment

Harvey suspended by the Mets. Somehow I think their triple a arm will beat us lol

Comment

I havent been keeping up with the team for the last week or 2 too closely. Why was Despaigne the guy we went to over someone like Nicolino or Worley. not saying they are good, but were we just really interested to see how his 9/13 K/BB ratio in AAA this year would translate in the majors? Why is he even on the 40 man?

- - - - - - - - - -

If we get significantly out of "it" by the deadline, do we consider trading Ozuna if we can get a huge haul if he can keep it up? I like him, but he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who will ever be more than a 5 hitter in a lineup ideally. If we can get a huge pitching haul id pull the trigger. Of course we have no OF depth behind him but still, we need front level pitching.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, being a team whose stadium is in little havana, have we signed any legit cuban prospect? I know we "bid" on Chapman and Cespedes when they were coming out, but we have not got one of them, have we?

- - - - - - - - - -

I like Mike Hill as a person. It's a stupid thing to say cause that really does not matter, but the Jose death and the reaction to it made me like a lot of people in the organization a lot more, but holy shit this front office has been a dumpster fire since the fire sale of the '05 offseason. From Beinfest on it has been straight up 1950's front office going against guys like Epstein. It's really pathetic.
          No clue why he is on the 40 man but reason was he was ready and on 40 Man. Nicolino goes today which means he would have been throwing early and Worley isnt on the 40 Man YET. Our 40 Man SP are Despaigne,Nicolino,Gunkel,Severino Gonzalez

Our Cubans have been Raudel Lazo and a few 27+ guys who can't get out of High A Ball. They signed a 19 yr old LY but the Cuban guys sign for $$$-they don't care where they play they go to whoever offers the most money. About 20 guys over the year have said they want to play in Miami but when time comes for offers-Jeff offers 20 million and other teams offer 60 million

Ozuna isnt going anywhere. He is a All Star again this year and is still cheap for 2 years. He will be gone before he reaches FA tho unless Boras likes Jeter because Boras has made it know he won't resign with Jeff here. If they did trade him they could get a ransom especially from NYY(who coveted him in the past) ask for Clint Frazier or a SS and arms in return but 0% chance
          Last edited by tjfla; 05-07-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Urena the ace of the staff! Lol

Comment

Two outs in 9th, Marlins up by 7, Terry Collins brings in lefty to face Bour. Wow.

Comment

We win again with Ellis behind the plate.

Comment

Man, stanton absolutely demolished those balls earlier. When he is on he is incredible to watch, his variance is just so frustrating though. I'd give away 5-10 of his HR's a year if it came with more consistency and less lapses where he goes a week at a time looking foolish at the plate. Is there any stat out there to measure how consistently guys produce/dont go on prolonged droughts?

- - - - - - - - - -

Urena also has been pretty damn good thus far this year. Especially important to see him have control. He was a very control oriented pitcher coming up through the minors which ive talked about before, so if he can translate that to the majors he can be a solid back end of the rotation guy.

We've also gone from relatively healthy to beat the hell up all over the roster over the course of like 5 days. Hope Prado doesnt miss too much time but those hamstring injuries tend to lag on for a long time.

Comment

Shitty too cause it was Prado's day off and he was thrown out there quickly when Rojas went down. DD gonna be playing a lot now. Which maybe he found his groove today. Riddle will be our off day guy.

Comment

Man, stanton absolutely demolished those balls earlier. When he is on he is incredible to watch, his variance is just so frustrating though. I'd give away 5-10 of his HR's a year if it came with more consistency and less lapses where he goes a week at a time looking foolish at the plate. Is there any stat out there to measure how consistently guys produce/dont go on prolonged droughts?

- - - - - - - - - -

Urena also has been pretty damn good thus far this year. Especially important to see him have control. He was a very control oriented pitcher coming up through the minors which ive talked about before, so if he can translate that to the majors he can be a solid back end of the rotation guy.

We've also gone from relatively healthy to beat the hell up all over the roster over the course of like 5 days. Hope Prado doesnt miss too much time but those hamstring injuries tend to lag on for a long time.
                      Damn all it takes is 1 good start huh? Past month it was DFA him,useless,get rid of him

Now u understand why they don't want to give up on him especially since he can SP,LR,Close and is cheap

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Damn all it takes is 1 good start huh? Past month it was DFA him,useless,get rid of him

Now u understand why they don't want to give up on him especially since he can SP,LR,Close and is cheap
                        I never said he cant be a good pitcher. In fact ive literally said the opposite numerous times. Ive said keeping him rather than dealing him for another piece and having him be the long guy in the bullpen instead of having a guy like Wittgren up here is stupid. I would not feel that way if they made him a starter. But as a long man he should not be on the team and should be dealt for another piece.

Comment

Working...
                        X