5/4 - 5/10 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    We lead the league in minor league starting pitcher non prospects who are above the age of 26.
    Well we seem to release anyone we drafted under 23 so someone has to Start games

Jacome must have f'ed up somehow,they kept him in Extended ST and then instead of bringing him up they have signed like 8 career minor league FA. But best thing is they drafted him in the 5th Rd in 2015,yep 5TH Rd!!! This is the reason we don't have a farm system-they draft players early and then just get rid of him. His # aren't that bad either

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2016/ALL

Comment

5/10

AAA New Orleans: Idle

AA Jacksonville: L, 3-1

Y.Perez: 1-3, R, BB, K
      Yarbrough: 1-3, RBI, K
      Maron: 2-3, BB, K
      Pineda: 1-4, 3 K, SB
      Kickham: 6 IP, 7 H, 0 BB, 2 K
      De La Rosa: L, 2 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
      Beckman: 1 IP, 3 K

A+ Jupiter: L, 5-1

S.Garrett: 1-4, 2B
      Haynal: 0-3, BB, K
      Silviano: 2-4, R, 3B, K
      Schales: 1-3, RBI, K
      Holmes: L, 3.2 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
      Ballew: .2 IP, 0 H, 1 ER, 6 BB, 0 K
      Schlereth: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 4 K

A Greensboro: W, 12-1

Knapp: 1-5, R, RBI, 2 K
      Twine: 2-6, R, K
      Nelson: 3-5, 3 R, HR (2), 2 RBI, BB, K
      Lusignan: 3-6, R, 2B, HR (3), 4 RBI
      Gutierrez: 3-5, R, 2B, SB
      Rindfleisch: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K
      Pintor: 2-5, 3 R, 3B, RBI, K
      Bird: 0-1, R, RBI, BB
      King: W, 7 IP, 2 H, 2 BB,4 K
      Brewster: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB

Comment

James Nelson might be our best prospect at years end.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
          Easily best non pitcher prospect. Peters,Poteet,Garrett and we have 2 or 3 really young arms who could be ranked high(Cabrera,Guerrero)

They just need to sign/draft high ceiling guys. Instead of taking a guy in Rd 4 who wasn't on anyone's Top 500 list and signing him to slot(Schales/Reynolds) they need to do a little homework and call guys to see what is the least amount they would take. If a Top 100 prospect falls and wants $750K take the chance and get some talent in the system

It's like the Marinez kid I mentioned yesterday-we have 5.5 million for the IFA season. IF we sign him for say 3 million and 12 mid to low guys for 1.5-2 million I consider it a WIN. Why? Because while we didn't sign tons of guys and hope 1 or 2 look good we got a Top talent which is what the system needs

We actually sign guys for 100K or less who turn out to be solid prospects or draft guys between Rd 12-20 who make the majors-what we don't do tho is draft/sign the TOP guys

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Good catch. Only 61 ABs but definitely impressive in that time (.955 OPS).

Don't think the team has had a top 100 hitting prospect since Yelich so I'd love to see Nelson grow into one.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
              Good catch. Only 61 ABs but definitely impressive in that time (.955 OPS).

Don't think the team has had a top 100 hitting prospect since Yelich so I'd love to see Nelson grow into one.
              Good Catch? I told u about him 3 weeks ago when he came up!! Actually the 2 best bats(best bat as in guys who can actually hit) are James Nelson and Eric Gutierrez. Both were hurt(surprise surprise) in ST and only been up the past month so they really aren't in game shape yet.

Beside those 2 its Brian Anderson. Aaron Knapp and Kyle Barrett aren't bad but are more defense and speed than bat. Stone Garrett has looked like crap in a Jupiter. No other guys are even worth of a mention

Comment

Well I don't remember hearing about him until now so whatever. It's also only May and I remember KJ Woods looking like Stanton in GBoro his first month or so. A bunch of guys look great to start but can't sustain it so I'll take a player far more seriously if he's doing this in July.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Good Catch? I told u about him 3 weeks ago when he came up!! Actually the 2 best bats(best bat as in guys who can actually hit) are James Nelson and Eric Gutierrez. Both were hurt(surprise surprise) in ST and only been up the past month so they really aren't in game shape yet.

Beside those 2 its Brian Anderson. Aaron Knapp and Kyle Barrett aren't bad but are more defense and speed than bat. Stone Garrett has looked like crap in a Jupiter. No other guys are even worth of a mention
                  Eric Gutierrez is not one of our 2 best bats. 23 years old in Greensboro with no power. Anderson is our best bat with Nelson second.

Comment

Not to mention Gutierrez was awful in Batavia of all places (.661 OPS) and has only 31 ABs in Gboro so far. If he's a top 20 bat there's a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X