Rays vs. Marlins 5/1-5/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Sometimes I don't know who you're arguing with dood.
    Me? not with you. Whoever the hell lumped Ziegler and Phelps into "trash" with Tazawa is who I was arguing with. Tazawa isnt trash either, hes a replacement level guy, but Ziegler has been great this year aside from Monday and Phelps isnt trash based off the past month. I dont think Tazawa is trash either, my problem is the paying of 6 million for a right handed reliever when you (the front office, not anyone in particular) are clearly ok with Bour hitting against lefties on an everyday basis.

My issue is always with keeping Wittgren down as the last guy in the bullpen when he should be a set up man based off anything he's done in his entire professional career.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Hope he is OK.

You are really weird.

Comment

No the hech stuff. You wrote an essay about Hech being shitty in response to 1. A statement of fact and 2. Someone saying he's not our biggest problem.

Comment

No the hech stuff. You wrote an essay about Hech being shitty in response to 1. A statement of fact and 2. Someone saying he's not our biggest problem.
          1) A statement of fact that would have been something of importance in 1985 and 2. something not being our biggest problem is a logical fallacy that makes it seem like Hech being horrific as an all around baseball player is not still important to the all around well being of the team

I dont give a fuck about BA if the guy has a .288 BA if he also has a .667 OPS, which is still higher than his career .626 OPS in over 2200 AB's at age 28.

2) a baseball team can be significantly deficient in more than one area. Our rotation can be both horrible and Hech can be a terirble major league every day baseball player at the same time, believe it or not. the 2 issues are not mutually exclusive. Just because our rotation is horrific without Jose doesnt mean that makes Hech more acceptable.

Comment

The guy said Hech is 3-3. That was one of the things you responded to.

The point is no one is disagreeing with you, and you're just beating a dead horse straight into the ground.

Comment

The point is no one is disagreeing with you, and you're just beating a dead horse straight into the ground.
              Well he's batting damn near . 300 again out least concern. Our rotation is trash and Phelps, Tazawa and Ziegler are trash
              No one disagreeing? I was responding to this.

there are so many different issues with this post in particular.

- - - - - - - - - -

No one generally is disagreeing with Hech being a horrific player. im not arguing that. But im arguing with the fact that was posted that he is hitting .288 with a .665 OPS or whatever the fuck it is. thats all im arguing. If it was in sarcasm or in jest, my bad, but arguing against that after a month where half of the month he was on the DL just because there are other problems on the team doesnt make him a lesser thing to argue against as an every day player.

Comment

The guy said Hech has not been a concern for us a month into this particular season. What a bold take, let's write a thesis about how he sucks, when everyone knows he sucks.

Comment

The guy said Hech has not been a concern for us a month into this particular season. What a bold take, let's write a thesis about how he sucks, when everyone knows he sucks.
                  I wrote maybe a paragraph? Perhaps learn to intake information that isnt just a sentence long. There can be more than 1 issue on a team. Issues on a team dont have to be mutually exclusive. He said hech is hitting .288. IDC if a guy is hitting .350, if his OPS is .650 his impact isnt that significant. This isnt 1935 where BA is the barometer for a player. Especially when he has been on the DL for half the year (which is May 3rd at this point) and the entirety of his career has been a complete black hole offensively for the entirety of his career.

Yelich also has a below .700 OPS. Its been a fucking month. Look up regression to the mean. Hech will have a below .700 OPS and probably below .675 OPS by the end of the year. And despite his .288 average he still only has a .667 OPS for the year. You can make an argument that maybe his glove outweighs his bat and that it is ok for an AL and even NL team, but dont make an argument to me about Hech's bat at this point in his career, he is a black hole as a bat. He's at the point where he is at Yunieski Betancourt's level offensively to the point where seattle fans were wondering why they were consistently fielding this absolute black hole in their lineup every day. Hech is fucking terrible offensively and there is 0 potential in the bat as opposed to 2013 when his struggles could be put up with due to the argument of "potential." I love Hech's glove, but no glove for 5-6 or however many plays a SS gets per game can overcome just how horrific he is offensively. Because he is below replacement level offensively.
                  Is this a thesis? no.
                  Last edited by fish16; 05-03-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I'd actually love a guy who hits .350 with a .650 OPS because that is impossible mathematically which would then mean anything is actually possible and then maybe that means my father would actually love me.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Hes also a .626 career OPS and .291 OBP over 4.5 full years of games and he does not have a single offensive tool like something like speed that might be able to offset just how bad he is offensively.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yelich also has a below .700 OPS. Its been a fucking month. Look up regression to the mean. Hech will have a below .700 OPS and probably below .675 OPS by the end of the year. And despite his .288 average he still only has a .667 OPS for the year. You can make an argument that maybe his glove outweighs his bat and that it is ok for an AL and even NL team, but dont make an argument to me about Hech's bat at this point in his career, he is a black hole as a bat. He's at the point where he is at Yunieski Betancourt's level offensively to the point where seattle fans were wondering why they were consistently fielding this absolute black hole in their lineup every day. Hech is fucking terrible offensively and there is 0 potential in the bat as opposed to 2013 when his struggles could be put up with due to the argument of "potential." I love Hech's glove, but no glove for 5-6 or however many plays a SS gets per game can overcome just how horrific he is offensively. Because he is below replacement level offensively.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wittgren allowed a run? DFA his ass!!!
                      Calm down man. I agree, I'd put Rojas in there every day and dump Hech for a bag of balls at this point. You didn't sense the sarcasm in my post obviously....the "haha" didn't give it away I guess. Last night, I was about to make a serious post about how Rojas was 3-4 or whatever he was (and argue to replace Hech with Rojas permanently), and then Hech came up with a 3-3 batting line for the game to that point, which I found amusing.

Again, none of us disagree that Hech is dead weight at this point. I also think we could overlook his bat more if the rest of the lineup would perform more consistently and if we'd hit better with RISP (and therefore score more runs).

The guy said Hech is 3-3. That was one of the things you responded to.

The horse is beyond dead and well below ground at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                        I'd actually love a guy who hits .350 with a .650 OPS because that is impossible mathematically which would then mean anything is actually possible and then maybe that means my father would actually love me.
                        Not at all mathematically impossible

7 singles in 20 at bats
                        4 sac flies

.350 BA, .292 OBP, .350 SLG, .642 OPS

sorry about your dad
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Calm down man. I agree, I'd put Rojas in there every day and dump Hech for a bag of balls at this point. You didn't sense the sarcasm in my post obviously....the "haha" didn't give it away I guess. Last night, I was about to make a serious post about how Rojas was 3-4 or whatever he was (and argue to replace Hech with Rojas permanently), and then Hech came up with a 3-3 batting line for the game to that point, which I found amusing.

Again, none of us disagree that Hech is dead weight at this point. I also think we could overlook his bat more if the rest of the lineup would perform more consistently and if we'd hit better with RISP (and therefore score more runs).

The horse is beyond dead and well below ground at this point.
                          Ya im an idiot that i didnt catch that last night, my bad. Regarding rojas, it is weird that before last night his numbers were pretty similar to Hech's OPS wise but for some reason he seems to make much more of an impact offensively than Hech. Don't know if it is that everyone is just tired of how awful Hech is or what.

- - - - - - - - - -

Btw, if you want a good laugh go look at the player comparisons for Hech based on his career and through age 27.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Ya im an idiot that i didnt catch that last night, my bad. Regarding rojas, it is weird that before last night his numbers were pretty similar to Hech's OPS wise but for some reason he seems to make much more of an impact offensively than Hech. Don't know if it is that everyone is just tired of how awful Hech is or what.

- - - - - - - - - -

Btw, if you want a good laugh go look at the player comparisons for Hech based on his career and through age 27.
                            I think the difference between Rojas and Hech is despite having similar numbers (which honestly surprises me, and I think over the course of a full season, Rojas will have better numbers), Hech seems to have one or two random games where he'll get 3 hits like last night and the rest he's an automatic out and/or double play, whereas Rojas seems to hit more consistently overall. That's how it seems to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              Not at all mathematically impossible

7 singles in 20 at bats
                              4 sac flies

.350 BA, .292 OBP, .350 SLG, .642 OPS

sorry about your dad
                              Wow thanks now I'll never be loved [emoji22]

Comment

Straily has been very solid this year. It's really unfortunate we dont have an ace because the rest of this rotation + an ace is actually kinda somewhat solid.

- - - - - - - - - -

I suck. Beckham another 2 run HR.

- - - - - - - - - -

Man, im looking at that 2008 draft that Beckham was the first pick, and holy shit that was a god awful draft. Marlins first round pick: Kyle Skipworth. Good times. I remember watching that draft and hoping Posey dropped to us. That could have changed the franchise quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X