No announcement yet.

Rays vs. Marlins 5/1-5/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im watching the game with the sound off while studying, what was that volquez injury?

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like a blister, so knowing the marlins hes done for the year.

Comment

Well the DL might do him good lol

- - - - - - - - - -

8 walks. Jeeez

Comment

I feel like whenever we do extreme shifts, they work against us.

Comment

We are so bad.

Comment

Volquez was placed on the 10-day DL.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              We really need Yelich to get going. He's got an OK average but he's not getting on base nearly enough and he somehow only has 1 double which is why his slugging is as low as it is. Also, Realmuto has come back to earth. Dee is actually not terrible, .330 OBP, on pace for 47 steals in 54 attempts and hitting aorund .300. Key for him is to hit around .300 and maintain an OBP around .350 and he is a very good player.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, enough of Tazawa, get wittgren the fuck back up here already. I'm cool with moving Garcia to the rotation in Koehler's place, and finding a way to DL or trade Tazawa or Urena and having Wittgren back up here.

Not even trying Garcia in the major league rotation is horrific management.

- - - - - - - - - -

And just to add on to my point about the bats, we are slugging .393 as a team somehow on a team that has had Stanton and OZuna get off to red hot starts. Says a lot about the construction of the lineup.
              Totally agree!!! Lets get rid of Tazawa(with his 2 yr contract) and get Wittgren up here now. Instead of Tazawa giving up a run and losing 5-2 we can call up Wittgren have him pitch and lose 4-2. Then in July when we are 500 Jeff can trade prospects for another RP and u can complain about that

Who cares who is in the pen? When u can only score 2 runs a game it really doesnt matter much

As for Garcia u realize they are taking it easy with his arm right? Thats the reason they moved him to the pen well that plus the fact he has looked pretty good in the pen

Dont forget the pen will get even busier soon with Jeff Locke coming back.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              Volquez was placed on the 10-day DL.
              Rays16 gets his wish. Volquez to DL,Urena to Rotation and Wittgren called up

So when Wittgren pitches the 7th tonight and we are down 3-1 he will make a big impact. Also realize I like Wittgren alot!!! Talked him up awhile now

Comment

Hope he is OK.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  Hope he is OK.
                  there's our man
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Man we are fucking terrible. Also the Rays announcers are just as terrible.

Comment

We're behind again.

Comment

Conley likes like doody

also not sure why Bourjos was safe at first
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Maybe there is something to Realmuto calling a terrible game? He sure has hell can't block a ball in the dirt. Put his ass at 1st and platoon him with Bour and catch once in awhile.

Comment

What's our average with RISP?

Comment

Hech up to .280 quietly hitting. lol

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Totally agree!!! Lets get rid of Tazawa(with his 2 yr contract) and get Wittgren up here now. Instead of Tazawa giving up a run and losing 5-2 we can call up Wittgren have him pitch and lose 4-2. Then in July when we are 500 Jeff can trade prospects for another RP and u can complain about that

Who cares who is in the pen? When u can only score 2 runs a game it really doesnt matter much

As for Garcia u realize they are taking it easy with his arm right? Thats the reason they moved him to the pen well that plus the fact he has looked pretty good in the pen

Dont forget the pen will get even busier soon with Jeff Locke coming back.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rays16 gets his wish. Volquez to DL,Urena to Rotation and Wittgren called up

So when Wittgren pitches the 7th tonight and we are down 3-1 he will make a big impact. Also realize I like Wittgren alot!!! Talked him up awhile now
                                Yes, because anyone who sees another team being run well and competently compared to the dumpster fire that is the marlins front office has to be a fan of that team!!!!

Or maybe get Wittgren up here because he is one of the best pitchers in our bullpen dont purposely make your team worse to hold on to a guy like Urena.

We've struggled offensively for the last week, we've been very good offensively the rest of the year. God forbid we not take the last couple game sample size and extrapolate it to the point where you are acting like we are down 5-2 every game and every relief outing for the rest of the year is therefore meaningless.

And I realize they are taking it easy with his arm. Take it easy with his arm either in the AA rotation or very easy in our rotation. Shifting anybody to the bullpen full time before it is 100% apparent they cannot be a starter anymore is not a smart move. The chance of positive impact is so much less as a reliever, no matter how good someone is as a reliever, than they are as a starter.

But thats just me being such a rays fan because i can say something positive about how other teams run their teams with the means they have rather than trying to act like a big market team every other year and not having any sort of consistent plan, which leads us into what we are now, an average team with no depth and no prospects to look forward to! Shame on me for not showering praise unconditionally on the worst ownership and front office in baseball.

- - - - - - - - - -

Man yelich has been quite average-below average to start the year. Seems like he's hitting everything on the ground, but his GB% is roughly where it has been the last 2 years. His biggest difference according to fangraphs is his LD% his plummeted so far this year compared to his last 2 years. Was at 22-23% the last 2 years, he's at 12.4% LD% thus far. Gotta think he turns that around soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X