4/27 - 5/3 Minor League Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some new signings

RHP Kurt Heyer (released by Cardinals, April 11) | RHP Yoilan Quinonez | LHP Brayan De Paula | LHP Chris O’Grady (released by Angels, April 6) | C Brhayan Campos | C Bryan de la Rosa (Lake Erie (Frontier))

Looks like some DSL guys and 28 yr old RP for AA

Comment

I wish there was a site that showed easily the age relative to the league for every teams minor league affiliates.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      From what I've seen so far from Straily, I think he's going to be pretty good for us.
      I do too. I dont think he is anything special but he should be a solid 4-5 guy in the rotation for the next few years. It's incredibly lucky and fortunate for the marlins that they were able to get Castillo back from that shitty deal to be able to trade him again this offseason.

Comment

To expand on some of the organizational depth signings last week:

- Kurt Heyer pitched one game in AAA for the Cardinals this year. He gave up three earned runs in 1.2 innings, walking four and striking out two. Last year, he shuttled between AAA (6.13 ERA in 22 games) and AA (2.82 ERA in 12 games). He was a 6th round pick in 2012.
        - Yoilan Quinonez may have come out of the Star Elite Baseball Academy in the Dominican Republic. As tj mentioned, possibly a DSL player.
        - I couldn't find anything on Brayan De Paula, likely another name for the DSL.
        - Chris O'Grady was released too early in the season to have pitched yet this year. He was a 10th round pick in 2012. He also spent time in both AAA (4.15 ERA in 22 games) and AA (2.80 ERA in 15 games) last year.
        - Brhayan Campos, another DSL possibility.
        - Rounding out Miami's attempts to sign all variations of the name "Brian," Bryan de la Rosa hit .261 in the Frontier League in 2016. He had four homers and 30 RBIs in 238 at-bats, with a .723 OPS. A 3rd round pick of the Braves in 2012, he hit .205 with the A league Braves affiliate in Rome in 2015.

- Released from the organization was SS Ryan Jackson. He was cut by AAA New Orleans, where he hit .262 in 42 at-bats, with eight walks and nine strikeouts.

Comment

Trevor Richards again tonight..... At 23 years old can we move him to AA already. Although id hate to remove one of Jacksonville's 29 year old starters from their rotation.

Comment

5/2

AAA New Orleans: W, 5-3

Telis: 1-4, R, HR (1), RBI, K
            Barnes: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
            Sierra: 1-4, RBI, K
            Moore: 1-1, R, HR (1), RBI
            Juengel: 1-1, R, 2B
            Nicolino: W, 6 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
            Guerra: 2 IP, 1 H, 3 K
            Ellington: SV, 1 IP, 1 H, 3 K

AA Jacksonville: Idle

A+ Jupiter: W, 2-0

Barrett: 1-4, 2 RBI
            Haynal: 0-3, 3 K
            Bass: 1-2, R, BB, K
            Gould: 1-3, R, 2B, K
            Richards: W, 6 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 9 K
            Beltre: SV, 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 K

A Greensboro: L, 8-4

Knapp: 1-4, R
            Nelson: 2-4, 2 RBI
            Vazquez: 1-3, BB
            Twine: 2-4, K
            Rindfleisch: 0-2, R, RBI, 2 BB, K
            Lee: L, 5 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 2 HRA
            Mateo: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HRA

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              I wish there was a site that showed easily the age relative to the league for every teams minor league affiliates.

- - - - - - - - - -

I do too. I dont think he is anything special but he should be a solid 4-5 guy in the rotation for the next few years. It's incredibly lucky and fortunate for the marlins that they were able to get Castillo back from that shitty deal to be able to trade him again this offseason.
              Closest thing is if u type a guys name in at "Baseball Reference" they give u all of his stats. Included is "AgeDif" or Age Difference. For Examples Trevor Richards is baseball age of 24 this year and his agedif is 1.0. Means he is a year TOO OLD for the league while James Nelson is baseball age of 19 and his Agedif is -2.4 which means he is 2 years TOO YOUNG for the league

23/24 u should be in AA,22/23 in High A,21 younger Low A is usually what teams go by tho. But always are exemptions like if u were drafted LY u can be in Low A at 23 BUT u should be looking good. If u are 23 in Low A and are getting beat up(NOT GOOD SIGN)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Trevor Richards again tonight..... At 23 years old can we move him to AA already. Although id hate to remove one of Jacksonville's 29 year old starters from their rotation.
              Not in this organization-instead of moving up Richards,Beltre,Holmes they sign other teams guys(Heyer/O 'Grady) only to have them leave in the offseason
              Last edited by tjfla; 05-03-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

5/3

AAA New Orleans: Game Postponed

AA Jacksonville: L, 2-1

Y.Perez: 1-4, K
                Norwood: 3-4, R, SB
                Nola: 1-3, RBI, BB
                Yarbrough: 1-4
                S.Gonzalez: L, 6 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 HRA
                Buckelew: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 4 K

A+ Jupiter: L, 4-3 (11 Innings)

Barrett: 1-4, 2B, BB, K
                Garrett: 1-5, R, HR (2), RBI, K
                Vigil: 2-4, R, 2B, BB
                Sullivan: 1-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, K
                Poteet: 2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
                De La Rosa: 2.1 IP, 2 K
                Ballew: L, 1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

A Greensboro: L, 5-2

Knapp: 1-4, R
                Olis: 1-3, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, BB, K
                Nelson: 2-4, 2B
                Lusignan: 1-4, 3 K
                A.Jones: 0-2, 2 BB
                King: L, 5 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 HRA
                Mertz: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 K
                C.Smith: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K

Comment

Poteet left tonight after 2 innings and 26 pitches. I really hope he got ejected....

Comment

That HR got me to look up Stone Garrett's season. Looks like that 2015 Batavia stint was not indicative of any real success.

First Gonzalez, now King. I should stop bringing up when pitchers start getting a groove because they tank right after.

Comment

No news on Poteet? Weird that he left that soon into the game. Im hoping he got ejected for throwing a 76 MPH curveball at someone like Gausman or has a minor non arm related injury.

Comment

Looking at the numbers, Steckenrider has become a legit bullpen option. He's having a damn good year thus far out of the bullpen. Has a great fastball.

Comment

Working...
                        X