• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins @ Phillies 4/25-4/27

prediction: we take 2 of 3

let's fuckin get it
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Game called due to rain tonight. Makeup TBA.

Comment

Well shit. What am I supposed to do tonight now that this game is postponed?

Comment

Well that stinks. Just put a damn roof over the stadium and lets play ball.

Comment

Ive got no idea how much it would take to get him and we really dont have much to give up, but id really like to see us try and buy low on Jurickson Profar. Rangers manager came out today and stupidly said that they have given him enough opportunities after 46 ab's this year and gave the LF job permanently to some other guy, and he could be a guy who could improve us as an everyday SS. They need bullpen help so i'd definitely look into a bullpen arm or 2 and hell they can have Hech for all I care for Profar.

Of course we will never do that, but he'd get everyday AB's and we can finally move on from Hech.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Ive got no idea how much it would take to get him and we really dont have much to give up, but id really like to see us try and buy low on Jurickson Profar. Rangers manager came out today and stupidly said that they have given him enough opportunities after 46 ab's this year and gave the LF job permanently to some other guy, and he could be a guy who could improve us as an everyday SS. They need bullpen help so i'd definitely look into a bullpen arm or 2 and hell they can have Hech for all I care for Profar.

Of course we will never do that, but he'd get everyday AB's and we can finally move on from Hech.
            Biggest issue with Profar is he got called up so early that he's now only has 2 more years of arbitration left. Unrestricted free agent in 2020.

I'd love to grab him. The question would always be what the price would be to get him. Despite his flaws and fall, I still don't see the Rangers parting with a 24-year old former #1 prospect in baseball for anything less than a major league player at least.

Given they still have control of him for a few years the earliest the Marlins would even be able to look to acquire him would be the trade deadline, and that's in a "Rangers are competing and want an MLB player who can help the playoff run" in exchange for Profar kind of deal.

I imagine they'd ask for Adam Conley or at the very least Peters/Nicolino+++ to start talks.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
              Biggest issue with Profar is he got called up so early that he's now only has 2 more years of arbitration left. Unrestricted free agent in 2020.

I'd love to grab him. The question would always be what the price would be to get him. Despite his flaws and fall, I still don't see the Rangers parting with a 24-year old former #1 prospect in baseball for anything less than a major league player at least.

Given they still have control of him for a few years the earliest the Marlins would even be able to look to acquire him would be the trade deadline, and that's in a "Rangers are competing and want an MLB player who can help the playoff run" in exchange for Profar kind of deal.

I imagine they'd ask for Adam Conley or at the very least Peters/Nicolino+++ to start talks.
              I didnt even think about the free agency thing so that would definitely be a factor. Id definitely consider offering dietrich and a reliever like a guy like Ellington and see if we could get him on the cheap. He's clearly fallen out of favor and their bullpen has been horrific, so I dont think it would take as much as you think, especially given his service time status.

I think at the very least it is a great buy low opportunity to look into, and they could use a bat like Dietrich in LF and a reliever to bolster their bullpen for a guy they dont seem intent on finding playing time for. As much as I love Dietrich's bat, he seems blocked as far as playing time here in the OF and 3b so if you could get an upgrade on Hech and especially an upgrade that has a huge long term ceiling id be for it. Plus we seem to have an overflow of bullpen arms so i wouldnt be terribly upset if we traded one of them for a high upside everyday player.

- - - - - - - - - -

That would really hurt our bench so we'd have to figure that out but id at the very least look into it. This team prefers to buy high and sell low though so im not holding my breath.

Comment

he's also a Boras client so 0 chance of an extension
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  he's also a Boras client so 0 chance of an extension
                  Ya if any guy is a Boras client its not worth it. Jeff and Boras don't agree on stuff who knows he might like Jeter or Mr Low Energy

Comment

Prado! This lineup is really fucking good..... as long as we dont have any injury, in which case it is not and it will cripple the season.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jesus christ chen just underhand the ball to the plate if youre gonna make it that easy. Ball could not have been any more over the heart of the plate.

- - - - - - - - - -

Holy shit when did i miss that former marlins pitcher justin miller died?

Comment

Chen pitched bad after throwing 7 innings of no-hit ball????

That's never happened before!

Comment

Has it happened before?

Comment

Volquez looks terrible so far.

Comment

Interesting thing I just learned from the Radio broadcast. Apparently the video person who is in charge of the screens in the park are not supposed to show slow-mo replays unless there is a review going on. Did not know that.

Comment

How unlikeable is Volquez?

Comment

Working...
                              X