No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Padres 4/21-4/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we always play so poorly against the bad teams?

Comment

Sure would be nice if they would send Phelps down to dislodge his head from his ass.

Comment

On the bright side Giancarlo looks to be hitting better and Ozuna has been on fire the whole year, but what was supposed to be the strength of the team has killed us. Every team blows games from the bullpen but this has been ridiculous to this point.Bullpen has already allowed 10 HR's for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          Why do we always play so poorly against the bad teams?
          Better question is why is David Phelps pitching so much?

Also Tyler Moore was sent to NOLA
          Last edited by tjfla; 04-22-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

16 games into the season and the Marlins leadoff hitter has a .315 OBP and has drawn 1 BB. But cant even think about moving him out of the spot because gosh darn he runs fast.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
              16 games into the season and the Marlins leadoff hitter has a .315 OBP and has drawn 1 BB. But cant even think about moving him out of the spot because gosh darn he runs fast.
              I'm guessing your alternative would be Yelich. He has a .311 .OBP, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                I just dont know where else in the lineup we could put him considering we also have Hech. I think Realmuto would be a great leadoff hitter. Realmuto, Prado, Yelich,Stanton, Ozuna, Bour, Dee, Hech? Or Maybe Realmuto, Yelich, Ozuna,Stanton, Prado, Dee, Bour, Hech?

- - - - - - - - - -

Is there a precedent for a player as bed as Hech being guaranteed a starting job every year for so long? He is one of the worst players in the league and I can not watch him anymore. He can not be in an NL lineup. He is not even a 0 offensively, he is a negative 5.

Comment

Crazy that Jered Weaver has been able to maintain being a major league pitcher despite losing all of his velocity. There we go Prado. Nice to have him back. Lets win this game.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also great to see Stanton hitting the ball well. I really do think we have a playoff caliber offense and bullpen if only we had that 1 go to rotation guy. I think going after Andrew Miller would be such a prudent move this offseason and converting him back to a starter, value wise, if we can get him for a closer type deal, because we are going to have to find an ace type starter somewhere, and getting a guy like Arrietta or any other free agent pitcher on a typical deal I dont think is good value, which is what i am all about from a team building perspective.

Comment

I gotta say, I didn't see 14 Ks from Dan Straily coming.

Comment

Cant wait til Ramos comes in for a non save blow the game loss. He is terrible in non save situations

Comment

Holy Crap Prado!

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                        Cant wait til Ramos comes in for a non save blow the game loss. He is terrible in non save situations
                        Well luckily we're the away team, so they'll save Ramos until the 40th inning if they have to to try to get him in a save situation.

- - - - - - - - - -

LMAO

Dee just hit a little league home run that went 5 feet.

- - - - - - - - - -

Stanton just about hit it through the Western Metal Supply Co.

Comment

Tazawa our 2nd worst pitcher..

Comment

Prado saved the game with his glove

Stanton hit an absolute piss missle

We did it.

Comment

Tazawa is absolutely terrible. Prado won this game for us. And Stanton looks great all of a sudden.

Comment

Justin Bour looks at the very least not terrible the last 7 days. Would be nice to get him to his averages along with the rest of the guys in the lineup hitting well. A .750-.775 OPS from him is not asking a lot and would be a huge boost given the other guys in the lineup.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, just looking over some stats from the first few weeks of the year and Realmuto only has 5 k's?!? He was never a huge strikeout guy but those are juan pierre type low k numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X